Post Your Complete Hair Care Regimen Including Products You Use

Blkbeautyhair

I've started keeping is simple and my hair is doing so much better. In my quest to follow all this great advice from LHCF I was over doing and messing it my hair too much so here is my new regime:

Wash: I wash my hair every two weeks using Kenra Moisturizing Poo. I clarify once every several weeks if my hair has a lot of buildup using Kenra Clarifying Poo (hands down the best for me).

Deep Conditioner: I do a DC after every shampoo using Biolage Fortifying Conditioner. This is a new discovery for me and so far I love it. It makes my hair extremely soft and gives amazing slip. I slather it on, put on a plastic cap and sit under the hood dryer for 20 minutes.

Condition: After I rinse out the DC I then follow up with Kenra moisturizing conditioner. I comb it thru let it sit for a minute and then rinse out.

Leave In: I use a little Salerm 21 or Dudley PCA depending on what my hair has been doing.

Drying: I roller set and sit under the dryer for an hour to fully dry. I take it down and lightly grease my scalp (it works for me) with some Blue Magic Organic Indian Hemp (the smell is wonderful). I then put a little WGO and wrap it up.

Hair Styles: Wrapping every night does not work for me so I do it the first night to calm down the curls a bit from the roller set. I bun it for a 2 or 3 days over the course of 2 weeks but mostly I wear it down because I over did it with the bunning and suffered some breakage so now I'm scared to do it often. At night I add a little WGO mixed with QB Amla and Olive Oil cream and tie it with a silk scarf.

sareca

HERicane10 said:
Serica, how has your Surge experiment come along? Good results?

Surge has become one of my staples. It didn't make my hair grow any faster, but I can tell when I haven't been using it. It seems to add strength to my strands: like a light protein. 20 days ago I started an LR experiment but I'm being flakey; I haven't used it at all this week. If LR doesn't work for me I'm going back to Surge.

ItsyBitsy

I wash & DC once a week
Clarify 1-2 a month

Pre Poo: OJON restorative treatment or Brazil Nut moisture mask overnight
Shampoo: CON & Nexxus Aloe Rid
Deep Conditioner: Kenra MC mixed with Aubreys GPB or Honeysuckle Rose with heat 30-45 min
Rollerset: Lacio Lacio , Aveda Brilliant Serum, Keracare Styling Foam
Daily Moisture: Dove Sheer Mist, ORS Olive Oil (jar), Aveda Brilliant Serum
Daily Maintenance: Wrap nightly & cover with satin scarf & ONLY combing 2x per day (this help stop breakage)

honeybadgirl

i section my hair and apply aveda sap mos pre poo nourishing concentrate OR a conditioner and coconut milk mix. i braid my hair in about 6-8 sections and then rinse after about an hour.
i poo with aveda sap moss
deep condition with aveda DR intensive restructuring conditioner for 30-45 min and rinse
condition again with aveda brilliant for about 5 min while in shower and rinse
i take my braids out and apply elixir leave in, universal styling creme, and chi silk infusions and blow dry or air dry.
flat iron using fhi and apply chi silk infusions on every section of hair i am ironing.
hair is so soft and silky afterwards:woot:

btw, my hair is natural.

Gisselle

My hair care regimen is changing as I'm trying several products to see what works best for me. I currently wash once a week.

Pre Poo: ORS Hair Mayo or regulay mayo
Wash: Kenra Moisturizing shampoo
Reconstructor/Protein Treatment: Emergency or Aubrey Organics
Deep Conditioner: Salerm Wheat Germ
Conditioner: Kenra Moisturizing conditioner
Leave In: Lacio lacio, Salerm 21, Kenra daily provision, Giovanni
Hair Drying: I roller set and air dry overnight. I sit under the dryer for about 20 minutes the next day to finish drying. I take the rollers out and wrap, then sit under the dryer for about 10 minutes.
Serums: Silk Therapy

hottestdiva19

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: I doubt anyone will even read all of this but here goes lol.

Im a 4b.Currently I am stretching my relaxer's. It's been growing now more than I've ever known.I keep my hair in corn rows naturally under a wig and wash every 2-3 weeks. Here's what hapens on wash day:

I gently take down my braids comb them out from tip to root one by one. Next I gently comb out my hair all together. After my hair has been clear of tangles, I run warm water on it until it is fully saturated. Sometimes it takes a while because my hair is like a sponge.:) When hair is fully saturated, I shampoo with motions lavish conditioning shampoo makeing sure to massage all of my scalp.Rinse and repeat untill the soap in my hair begins to lather a lot. after I rinse for the last time I apply shampoo once more, but this time I don't massage. Instead using a wide toothed comb I comb my hair under running warm water from tip to root. This smoothes out my hair and allows it to become soft.I lose verry little to no hair when I wash this way. After this is done I squeeze the excess water out of my hair and apply Motions CPR protein reconstructor. I leave it on my hair for half an hour under a plastic cap, then I wash it out thoroughly and sqeeze dry once again.As a deep conditioner I use ORS hair mayo, cover with a plastic cap and a warm towel and wait 2 hours before rinseing with cold water to seal in moisture. Squeeze dry again, and then spray with infusium 23 leave in treatment. Using the scarf method I air dry my hair over night. The next day I moisurize with doo-gro anti thining growth lotion. I don't braid again for a week to insure my hair get's a rest. After this I cornrow my hair apppling the growth lotion before braiding every section. When finished I apply the lotion once again to my ends and edges.Last but not least,MTG my scalp then cover with a satin scarf into a bun. I moisturive my ends hair and edges every 2 days with the lotion, and I MTG my scalp.

Well that's it! I also eat a can of tuna and take a 5000mg biotin pill everyday.