Post Your Favorite Black Owned Hair Care Products & Product Lines!

PhonyBaloney500

My Hair is 4a mostly with some 3c.

Kinky Curly- curling custard (only gel that hasn't "stopped working." Its been about 4 years. Knot Today is a great leave-in with cc.

Oyin- all the dang body products, Whipped Pudding, Er the gel thing, Greg Juice though I haven't used it in ages.

Hairveda- Whipped Jelly for edges. Her moisture spray is Ok. The conditioners and what don't work for me. I like the ends cream and the hair oil i've rediscovered and like.

mstar

Luxury bacon
I'm a 4a hair type, natural.

KOMAZA is my favorite brand! Almost everything they make is fantastic for my hair.

My favorites from this brand:
Califia Moisturizing cream: this is my everyday moisturizer. Very creamy, not too heavy, not too light, smells great, absorbs immediately, leaves my hair very soft.

Califia Moisture Spray: a daily moisturizing spray that doesn't leave my hair sticky. It absorbs well, and I feel that it nourishes my hair. I dilute mine with water to make it easier to spray.

Shea Butter Lotion: this smells like creme brulee, and it's a great light mositurizer.

Califia Leave-in Conditioner: this is a creamy leave-in that moisturizes and smooths, but doesn't leave my hair greasy. Smells great.

LMAO at "drier than Ghandi's sandals!" :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Uniqzoe

I'm probably not the best person to answer this question since I don't try a lot of different product lines. When I find something that works I generally stick with it but these are one's I've tried and liked.

Shea Moisture's Restorative Conditioner.

Taliah Waajid's Protective Mist Bodifier used to be my favorite leave in until they changed it, now it's just ok.

Obia Natural Hair is quickly becoming my favorite. I bought sample size package from them a Fro Fashion and loved the Curl Enhancing Custard and the hair mist.

My hair is 4a/b and while I have a LOT of hair my strands are fine and are easily broken. My greatest concern is generally great moisturizers when I look for products and I like moderately priced products because I generally use a lot of product on my hair because of the density (no dime sized portions here).

There are a few others on my "to try" list. Hopefully I can get some good deals on their products at the World Natural Hair Show next month.

Amarilles

I use Komaza and Jane Carter. I have some Blended Beauty and Curl Junkie stuff too I hardly use.

I think the only non-black product I own is Yes to Carrots shampoo.

NIN4eva

I'm 4c-b relaxed, my favorite lines are Kinky Curly, Carol's Daughter and Jane Carter. But I'm not currently using them because I can't afford them.

faithVA

I've currently started using the 4 Naturals line (Bronner Bros) which you can get from Sally's. So far it is the only line that I have gotten to work well on my hair. I use the shampoo, conditioner, reconstructor and the afro stretch cream. Unfortunately it doesn't have a leave-in or DC.

I like bits an pieces of other lines.

I am 4b, natural, low porosity.

Eta: Forgot it was black owned. Removed As I Am

Last edited:

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
I love NaturelleGrow products and BeeMine products. These 2 lines are the Biosilk and Nexxus of premium hair care products.

3b/3c/4a

I want to give SheScentIt and Silk Dreams

Last edited:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I personally love and use Hairveda for like 4 years as my staple. Love the conditioners all of them. the Busy Izzie moisturizer. The amla cleansers. and the hydra silica mist.

I also like Shea Moisture mist holding spray.

I like Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls.

I like Shescentit Mint shampoo. But it's always out of stock so I stopped trying after awhile.

Blended Beauty. I used to love the soy cream shampoo and one of the leave ins. But I replaced them with Hairveda because they worked better for me.

I'm 3C. I'm transitioning but I used all of the above as a relaxed and texlaxed head too.

My sister is 3C. She loves Komaza care everything. Shampoo. Moisturizers. Conditioners.

My other sister is 4a/b and she loves Uncle Funky products. ESP the cleansers and leave ins.

virtuenow

I'm a 4a hair type, natural.

KOMAZA is my favorite brand! Almost everything they make is fantastic for my hair.

My favorites from this brand:
Califia Moisturizing cream: this is my everyday moisturizer. Very creamy, not too heavy, not too light, smells great, absorbs immediately, leaves my hair very soft.

Califia Moisture Spray: a daily moisturizing spray that doesn't leave my hair sticky. It absorbs well, and I feel that it nourishes my hair. I dilute mine with water to make it easier to spray.

Shea Butter Lotion: this smells like creme brulee, and it's a great light mositurizer.

Califia Leave-in Conditioner: this is a creamy leave-in that moisturizes and smooths, but doesn't leave my hair greasy. Smells great.

LMAO at "drier than Ghandi's sandals!" :lachen::lachen::lachen:
I can second everythinhg here. Komaza is my absolute favorite hair line. I've tried at least half or more of the producsts in this line, and I am impressed. I use the LCO method and the Califia Moisture Spritz is the perfect liquid moisturizer. The new Aloe My Hair Moisture Spray is excellent, so I am incorporating that as my liquid moisture on alternating days. Hey, I love both. The Shea Lotion is my staple creamy leave-in. It easily absorbs into hair and locks in moisture. Lastly, I seal w/the Jojoba Hemp Oil. Leaves the hair coated in strength and works like liquid butter. My hair is thriving w/the use of these products.