Post Your Favorite Protective Style Here!

Yellowflowers

SerenityBreeze said:
This is how you will find me 6 out of 7 days. I love to use the Chineese sticks because they don't create any tension on the hair line.

For those interested, I have created a "how to" in album in my fotki

Bests!

Serenity, you are a genius for coming up with this style. Simply brilliant!:)

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
fallback said:
Hey ladies here's another protective style that was done today by one of our own LHCFers.:lol::lol: It's a phonypony!

"

">
Hairstyle compliments of Kina!! Thanks Kina:)

Fallback, this is so pretty!

fallback

Okay I'm posting these two pictures for KinaScott. For some reason she's missing her toolbar:lol: Kina did her own hair also.

Tee

Kina and Fallback, very pretty. You ladies keep coming up with very pretty styles. Mine are always just boring!

OneInAMillion

Here's my new style, inspired by SerenityBreeze:

I'm on a personal 3 week baggie/protective challenge and this will be my key style. I hope I can recreate this :lol: .

gabulldawg

Can we PLEASE revive this thread? I'm trying to get more diligent about wearing my hair up and protecting my ends in order to really jumpstart some more growth! I will post a pic of some of my protective styles to rev it up! :drunk:

Bantu knot set:

Two french braids tucked under and pinned together:

Asian inspired messy bun:

KhandiB

My Bun

My Crooked Messy French Braid .. LOL

I havent really gotten too creative with these .. i generally just put my hair in a pony but these are my faves ..

gabulldawg

KhandiB Thanks for posting your protective styles! Those are both very nice! I think I'm going to work on making one nice french braid.

pistachio

Pistachio, is this the hairstyle you're describing?

I've been thinking of trying this because my front half isn't quite getting into my updos, which I think maybe causing it to grow slower there than in back. Has this helped with growth in the front for you?

hey! yeah it is, except the two buns aren't far apart like they are in the pic above. When I do it the bun overlap each other to appear as if they're the same bun. :)

cocoagirl

Bumping as I am sick of the same protective pony that I wear everyday while I am on this relaxer stretch. SO..please post sommore' styles ladies!!