Post Your Favorite Protective Style Here!

This is how you will find me 6 out of 7 days. I love to use the Chineese sticks because they don't create any tension on the hair line.

For those interested, I have created a "how to" in album in my fotki

Bests!

dlewis

SerenityBreeze said:
This is how you will find me 6 out of 7 days. I love to use the Chineese sticks because they don't create any tension on the hair line.

Bests!

That cute........

crlsweetie912

Dlewis you hair is sooo pretty! Love it.

My crazy phony pony for when I have 50-11 inches of new growth.

What I am rocking today!

My flat twist into a braid. I gotta practice this some more. It was really hard.

dlewis

crlsweetie912 said:

What I am rocking today!

My flat twist into a braid. I gotta practice this some more. It was really hard.

Love these styles. Really love the middle photo.

sxyhairfetish said:
the one in my siggy. i've been rocking it almost everyday now.

Girl You MUST post how to do that in your fotki!! It is beautiful..I went searching for your name to call you out in my original post asking for you to hook a sista up!

Thanks crlsweetie912! You are too sweet!

crlsweetie912 said:

What I am rocking today!

I like these too!

ChasingBliss

SerenityBreeze said:

Bests!

Wow, this is so beautiful as are you. I would defintely love to try that.

Lavendar

Wow ladies! These styles are gorgeous and just what I need right now. I found and bought one of those hairagami (sp) things today because I'm desperate to try some new protective styles other than the plain 'ol sock bun. Great thread...this was right on time! Please post some how-to's as well. By looking at some of these styles, I don't even know where to start.:confused:

Nanyanika

Here is my favourite style: i love it because it hides my baggie, and its fun

Attachments

• picture002-vi5.jpg
    picture002-vi5.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 65
  • picture009-vi.jpg
    picture009-vi.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 59

Cayenne0622

Mine...click the pic to make it bigger

xmas06 018.jpg

This is my curly/wavy phony pony wrapped into a bun. I wear it when my new growth is wavy and showing. I use a straight phony pony wrapped into a bun when I have a fresh relaxer.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Just when I was getting bored with protective styles, along comes this thread with cute styles. I wish I could flat twist though.

I bought some sticks a while back but didn't know how to use them. The only style I saw and liked was Sistaslick's Chinese Bun, but I don't have all that hair yet. :lol:

Thanks so much for that "how to" in your album, SerenityBreeze! It's so cute.

--

Here are my favorites besides the bun:

Last edited:

KiniKakes

Oh goodness, all of these styles are so beautiful, simple, and protective!!! :) Great thread, Serenity!!!! Here are a few of my regular protective styles:

"Pinned Plait"

"Classic Bun"

"Wrapped Donut"

KiniKakes

This is so pretty!!! I love it!!!

This thread is such awesome testimonial that "protective styles" do not have to be unattractive or frumpy! :D You can grow your hair long and retain that length while STILL looking beautiful!!!

SerenityBreeze said:

Bests!

KiniKakes

victorious said:
Just when I was getting bored with protective styles, along comes this thread with cute styles. I wish I could flat twist though.

I bought some sticks a while back but didn't know how to use them. The only style I saw and liked was Sistaslick's Chinese Bun, but I don't have all that hair yet. :lol:

Thanks so much for that "how to" in your album, SerenityBreeze! It's so cute.

--

Here are my favorites besides the bun:

Omg, i love all these styles.... tres elegante'!!! Do you give instructions on how to do this in ure Fokti?!!! Please say YES!!!! :lol:

KiniKakes

Gorgeous!!!!!! Absolutely beautiful!

crlsweetie912 said:

What I am rocking today!

crlsweetie912

OMG too cute ladies. My hair isn't long enough for some of these styles. I am loving all of them. Softresses that twist bun if FABULOUS! Victorious that is the neatest french braid ever! Kini, you know I stalk your album! LOL

Softresses

crlsweetie912 said:
OMG too cute ladies. My hair isn't long enough for some of these styles. I am loving all of them. Softresses that twist bun if FABULOUS! Victorious that is the neatest french braid ever! Kini, you know I stalk your album! LOL

Thank-you! You know I have been stalking that french braid of Vicorious's and the one DLewis used to have in her Avitar. I just can't make them smooth like they do,:cry3:

Softresses

KiniKakes

SweetCaramel1 said:
very pretty styles ladies. serenity i've gotta get me a stick!

Hi SC1!!!!! *waving* How are you girl??!!! Ive missed your presence on here!!! Hope all is well in Expectant-Mommy-Land!!!! :D

SweetCaramel1

KiniKakes said:
Hi SC1!!!!! *waving* How are you girl??!!! Ive missed your presence on here!!! Hope all is well in Expectant-Mommy-Land!!!! :D

hey sweety! congrats on your progress. i can't believe how much growth you've had last year. everything is fine just a little tired and cranky :lol: