Post Your Favorite Scripture

Guitarhero

I love this one:

Psalms 25

25:1 A Psalm of David. Unto Thee, O the Lord, do I lift up my soul. 25:2 O my God, in Thee have I trusted, let me not be ashamed; let not mine enemies triumph over me.
25:3 Yea, none that wait for Thee shall be ashamed; they shall be ashamed that deal treacherously without cause.
25:4 Show me Thy ways, O the Lord; teach me Thy paths.
25:5 Guide me in Thy truth, and teach me; for Thou art the God of my salvation; for Thee do I wait all the day.
25:6 Remember, O the Lord, Thy compassions and Thy mercies; for they have been from of old.
25:7 Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions; according to Thy mercy remember Thou me, for Thy goodness' sake, O the Lord.
25:8 Good and upright is the Lord; therefore doth He instruct sinners in the way.
25:9 He guideth The humble in justice; and He teacheth the humble His way.
25:10 All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep His covenant and His testimonies.
25:11 For Thy name's sake, O the Lord, pardon mine iniquity, for it is great.
25:12 What man is he that feareth the Lord? him will He instruct in the way that He should choose.
25:13 His soul shall abide in prosperity; and his seed shall inherit the land.
25:14 The counsel of the Lord is with them that fear Him; and His covenant, to make them know it.
25:15 Mine eyes are ever toward the Lord; for He will bring forth my feet out of the net.
25:16 Turn Thee unto me, and be gracious unto me; for I am solitary and afflicted.
25:17 The troubles of my heart are enlarged; O bring Thou me out of my distresses.
25:18 See mine affliction and my travail; and forgive all my sins.
25:19 Consider how many are mine enemies, and the cruel hatred wherewith they hate me.
25:20 O keep my soul, and deliver me; let me not be ashamed, for I have taken refuge in Thee.
25:21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, because I wait for Thee.
25:22 Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles.

JinaRicci

Romans 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose.

PG480

I have quite a few, but this by far is most amplified in my spirit and ministers to me everytime.

Matthew 23:12 (NIV)
"For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted".

misstobz

Mine right now is

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

loolalooh

Psalm 23.

1 The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD
Forever.

moonglowdiva

Psalm 121

1I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
3He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. 8The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

moonglowdiva

Jude 1:24-25 (King James Version)

24Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

moonglowdiva

Isaiah 61 (King James Version)

Isaiah 61: 1-3

1The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; 3To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Just one huh?

If I have to just choose one it would be:

Romans 8:35-39 (New American Standard Bible)

35Who will separate us from (A)the love of [a]Christ? Will (B)tribulation, or distress, or (C)persecution, or (D)famine, or (E)nakedness, or (F)peril, or sword?

36Just as it is written,
"(G)FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LONG;
WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED."

37But in all these things we overwhelmingly (H)conquer through (I)Him who loved us.

38For I am convinced that neither (J)death, nor life, nor (K)angels, nor principalities, nor (L)things present, nor things to come, nor powers,

39nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from (M)the love of God, which is (N)in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Renovating

JAMES 4:7 " Submit yourselves unto God. Resist the devil and he SHALL flee. "

Flee Satan! Flee!
( flee from MY mind and emotions)

Last edited:

Triniwegian

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.
-- Corinthians 13:7-8

I am just a sucker for love, if we just loved instead of looking for faults/judging, we would all be better off.

Last edited:

Renovating

"The Lord goes before me; He will march with me; He will NOT fail me or let me go or forsake me; I will fear not, neither become broken in spirit." Deu 31:8

"God is my shield, my glory and the lifter of my head." Psalm 3:3

Last but not least.......

Phil 3:13-14 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

KINISE

I have been clinging to this since my primary business closed 2 years ago

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (New King James Version)

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.

13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

dr.j

Isaiah 43:1-2

But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

hair_rehab

Every time I begin to worry about a situation, I read Matthew 6:25-34

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[b]?
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.
29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'
32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Nice & Wavy

Ecclesiastes 12: 13-14 - The Amplified Version

13All has been heard; the end of the matter is: Fear God [revere and worship Him, knowing that He is] and keep His commandments, for this is the whole of man [the full, original purpose of his creation, the object of God's providence, the root of character, the foundation of all happiness, the adjustment to all inharmonious circumstances and conditions under the sun] and the whole [duty] for every man. 14For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it is good or evil.

shasha8685

I have 2:

Hebrews 11:1 (King James Version)

1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 (King James Version)

1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Crown

Ps. 91

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."

misstobz

Thank you for posting these lovely scriptures.

Isn't the bible so amazing...I just cant get enough. Many times I come across a new scripture and am totally blown away...wondering where did that come from, how could I have had the bible for so long and never seen that scripture before.:drunk:

The other night I was thinking about how I cant live without my bible, I remember when people used to ask me what would you take to a deserted island-cell phone, laptop (hoping there would be wireless and mobile service :lachen:) and well the list goes on. But now I can truly say all I need is my bible :yep: and maybe a life supply of chocolate:blush:.

CreativeOne

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart Lean not on your own understanding

In all your ways acknowledge Him And he will direct your paths.

LifeafterLHCF

Psalms 30

5 For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may remain for a night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning.

This got me through when I was growing up and was being beating alot by my stepfather..as much as I don't want to admit it I know my morning will come..Lord just help me be able to stand

michc

^^^ GoddessMaker - that is one SWEET little person in your siggy! I could kiss those cheeks all day and night! :grin: