posting pics. Tell me what you think...

henrilou

My ends are not thinned out. But it sorta looks like it in the photo because I tried to sort of spread the hair out. But it's growing. It's a bit past my b/s.
web page

sweetcocoa

Henrilou, you need to go back to your album and in the top right corner click on edit. Then you can make the album available for the public. The default when you create the album is 'private'. That way it won't come up empty for everyone but you.

henrilou

As usual SweetCocoa to the rescue. The album is set to share with the public. Thanks for helping me out. It's nice to have old friends....

H

HoneyRockette

I still don't see anything. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

sweetcocoa

You're welcome...so I finally get to see your hair... it's beautiful. You make me want to press mine...How often do you do it? And how safe? I've never pressed my hair in my entire life...it's natural now and sometimes I don't want to rollerset..I want it completely straight. Your hair looks more relaxed than pressed....it looks thick and healthy. Very pretty. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

henrilou

Well SweetCocoa I press/wash once a month. I cannot wear it natural because--get this--the knots drive me crazy and I end up in my hair all day. So for me pressing is good. I only go to a stylist and even then I tell her that I do not want it burned. A light press is fine. Also I don't even bump the ends at the salon. What for? I don't do it at home. I just get it hot combed/flat ironed. And there's no damage so far--not even the ends. I think you shoud give it a try.

thatscuteright

WOW!!!!!!
Your hair is beautiful!
Your ends are fine what are you talking about girl?
Thats a beautiful press, when I grow up I wanna be just like you
/images/graemlins/grin.gif
well hopefully in 2 years I can. You achieved all that w/ a weave, thats amazing /images/graemlins/smile.gif

henrilou

Yes I got it with a weave. And I want to say this. I am regular african American. What I mean by that is: I am not mixed with anything and niether are my parents or grands. And I think it's alot of crap when I hear that black folks can't grow long hair. What I think is black folks can't take the heat/appliances that other ethnicities can and that causes breakage. Now I am not starting anything, but I wanted to say: Yes we can.

G

Henrilou, gimme some of those inches, please! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne0914

wow!!! your hair is just gorgeous!! thanks for sharing the pics! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

P.S. i agree with what you said about the heat/appliances, and YES WE CAN!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nubianrose

i can't see them either /images/graemlins/frown.gif i really wanted to, cuz i've heard so much about how good ur hair looks henrilou

hairfanatic

Hi Henrilou,

I finally saw the pictures and...YOUR HAIR LOOKS FABULOUS!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif You make us press girls proud /images/graemlins/smile.gif I love the color of your hair. Tell, what is your regimen? What products do you use? You said you only get it pressed once a month. Your presses lasts that long? Wow.

henrilou

Thankyou. And honestly, the LESS you do the better. I wash/press only once/month because the comb-out/pressing is really hard on my hair. In between I wrap. Everynight. If it gets nappy before it's time to wash/press---oh well. I don't try to comb througt it--I just put it up with a clip. But wrapping really keeps it together. I also finger-comb as much as possible, and I DO not try to detangle the roots. I oil the roots once/week w/shea butter and the ends every/other day lightly w/sheabutter oil type stuff (konnaa.com) And also when I get it washed I sit under the dryer w/aphogee or cholestorol conditioner.

caramelbarbie

<font color="blue"> Great pics Henrilou! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
I think your ends look fine.....I'll have to look at your pics everytime I get tempted to use heat LOL.
Thanks for posting your pics!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
WOW! You did it tall lady. You are at bra strap length indeed. It looks great and thick too. Your hair also looks very nic pressed. Yay Henrilou!!!!!!!!!:D

carmella25

Hi,
My name is Carmella and Im new here. I remember your name from LHL when I use to post there a long time ago. How long did it take to grow your hair out that lenght and what is your regimen? <font color="yellow"> </font color>

Madison

Yes I got it with a weave. And I want to say this. I am regular african American. What I mean by that is: I am not mixed with anything and niether are my parents or grands. And I think it's alot of crap when I hear that black folks can't grow long hair. What I think is black folks can't take the heat/appliances that other ethnicities can and that causes breakage. Now I am not starting anything, but I wanted to say: Yes we can. *henrilou*

AMEN!!

and your hair looks great!!

G

Henrilou, you have very long, beautiful hair!

So, do you cut your hair often, or never trim it?
The reason I ask is because I keep on hearing people say that you gotta trim your hair in order for it to get long, and all of that stuff. what do you think?