posting pics. Tell me what you think...

henrilou

Karonica. I trim the very TIPS of my hair like every three months. And I don't get it trimmed at the salon because they get a little to excited and refuse to go home in tears. I get my b/f to do it. The only reason to trim (in my opinion...)is because the ends are split OR you want to even things up. And if the ends are split you don't have to cut it off to the healthy. Just a bit at a time...

G

That's what I thought!

Girl, you need to tell my hairdresser this stuff. By the time she's done trimming, three months of new growth is on the floor. And just imagine.....I was getting trims every eight weeks... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

VALLEYGIRL

Ok now I can see your pics...your hair is beautiful!! Very healthy.
And I agree with you about the trimming. Many stylists are extremely scissor happy. You have to be very FIRM with them or have someone you trust do it at home.
Valleygirl

uniquev11

Henrilou,

Your hair must be healthy judging by the growth that you have now. I would think that unhealthy hair would have started breaking before it reached bra-strap length.
I think that some of the beautician's methods have rubbed off on me, though.
I usually trim about half of my growth every 8 weeks because I have become so paranoid about having thin ends.
It seems like the beautician's want to trim any ends that they can see through without regards for whether the ends are split or just uneven because of normal hair growth patterns.
I am going to start trimming just 1/4 inch for every inch instead of the 1/2 inch that I usually do and see what happens.

henrilou

My gosh. Try trimming less and see if it isn't better. I understand that if the hair is split ya gotta trim, but NOT THAT MUCH. Really I only trim the tips-the tiniest bit--more if I want the back even.

uniquev11

I needed to hear that, Henrilou.
I am going to ease up on the trimming now that I have learned about "real" moisturizing regimes for the hair (instead of petrolatum products that I thought were so good for my hair because it was so shiny).
When I think about it, my previous hair care techniques are probably the reason why I had breaking ends which made them look like they needed to be trimmed even more.

Lita

Henrilou, How nice keep up the good work. Your hair looks great /images/graemlins/ooo.gif. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif