Powdered MSM in your drink

araceli2418

For those that take powdered MSM, what are you putting it in?

I've been putting it in juice and coffee but then I started wondering if hot coffee would do anything to the MSM.

Your thoughts, please. TIA.

Forever in Bloom

Funny, I was just reading about this on www.bulkmsm.com because I will be switching to the powdered form. I don't know about putting MSM in coffee, but the quote below says it dissolves better in warm water.

Your choice is really between putting a teaspoon of the stuff into your mouth (it tastes pretty bad) and then taking enough water or juice to wash it down -- or putting that teaspoon full into a glass of something. The "something" would normally be warm water, first, because MSM dissolves most quickly in warm water. Once it is dissolved you can then mix in more water, or add any beverage to disguise the taste. Disguising the taste? Tomato juice is the strongest disguiser!! Orange juice, or any juice will help hide the taste of the MSM. None of these juices will adversely affect the results of the MSM.

Nonie

Whenever I would take MSM, I'd put in orange juice. Vitamin C helps in MSM absorption plus orange juice seems to cut down on the bitterness; makes the juice taste more like grapefruit juice or just orange juice made from bitter oranges.

araceli2418

Funny, I was just reading about this on www.bulkmsm.com because I will be switching to the powdered form. I don't know about putting MSM in coffee, but the quote below says it dissolves better in warm water.

Your choice is really between putting a teaspoon of the stuff into your mouth (it tastes pretty bad) and then taking enough water or juice to wash it down -- or putting that teaspoon full into a glass of something. The "something" would normally be warm water, first, because MSM dissolves most quickly in warm water. Once it is dissolved you can then mix in more water, or add any beverage to disguise the taste. Disguising the taste? Tomato juice is the strongest disguiser!! Orange juice, or any juice will help hide the taste of the MSM. None of these juices will adversely affect the results of the MSM.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing that. Anybody else???

mariofmagdal

I use either Orange Juice or Lemonade, they hide the bitter taste the best for me. My mom also suggested I mix in warm water first then add the mixture to juice, but my way is not that bad.

nakialovesshoes

Am I the only 1 that simply mixes mine w/water? It doesn't taste all that bad 2 me - kinda reminds me of a BC or Goody Powder.

sowhut

I put it on my tongue and then wash it down with juice (orange, cranberry or some kind of fruit juice)

PatTodd

I mix mine with pink grapefruit juice. It hides the taste fairly well.

Me too. First I warm up a bit of the juice in the microwave, then add the MSM and stir it to dissolve so it won't be gritty. Then I top it off with cold juice :yep:.

ayanharr

I take mine in Orange Juice. I love OJ so I take Half a teaspoon in the morning and the other half sometime later on that day. I don't remember what MSM taste's like but when I drank it with my water it wasn't pleasant :(