PP Biotin Bristling, Itching, Follicular Action?

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
For those of you who are experiencing this, how long did you use the Puritan Pride Biotin before this happened?

Also, what is the difference in your rate of growth that you can attribute to adding the biotin?

I started experiencing itching on day 11, yesterday. I take 5000 mcg.

Amethyst

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif CurlyCrly I'm sitting here cracking up at your post. "itching, bristling, follicular movement". Are there any more adjectives to be added to the list? I noticed "bristling", the first week. I'm telling you the truth. I'm gonna look for the thread where I asked Jade about this since she was the one who recommended it to me. I take 5,000mcg and between that and the msm, it's no wonder my scalp has been experiencing all this action.

Rate of growth: My hair was coming in nicely with the msm, and other supplements I take, but with the addition of the PPB my hair seemed to "skyrocket" in terms of really noticing and feeling new growth. I never had to ask anyone were they experiencing any "sensation," on the scalp before. This is the first supplement that ever had me doing that /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I went out on the line with my raves about this one, ready to suffer criticism, backlash, etc., because I wanted others on the board to experience the same thing I did and fully believed that yall would. As far as supplementation is concerned these pills are the next best thing since sliced bread. Now Miss Jade has dropped us a line about Freedman's 10mg Biotin, saying that it was even more potent to her than the PPB.

I'm really gonna have to close my eyes when it comes to these reviews because I'm gonna wind up broke, busted and disgusted over how a product review sends my PJism into overload/images/graemlins/whyme.gif The problem is between Jade, BlkMane, Tracy, LondonDiva, Armyqt, my Henna Team, and some of everyone else, I can honestly testify yall haven't done me wrong yet! Oh my goodness. Now I'm up here testifying... I think it's time I go to bed.

Leshia

Now, maybe I've been taking biotin too long to really notice this but this seems so foreign to me. I take a megabiotin from Vitaminshoppe (7.5 mg) and I'm not ranting and raving. I wonder if I should switch to puritan's pride? I spend every freaken time I read the boards... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Amethyst

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Now, maybe I've been taking biotin too long to really notice this but this seems so foreign to me. I take a megabiotin from Vitaminshoppe (7.5 mg) and I'm not ranting and raving. I wonder if I should switch to puritan's pride? I spend every freaken time I read the boards...

[/ QUOTE ]

Leshia I used to take CountryLife Biotin 5mg which did absolutely nothing for me. There was also a post about the vitaminshoppe biotin not being that effective as well. But I can tell you that PPB imho is no waste of money. So instead of looking like this /images/graemlins/mad.gif In a couple of days it'll have you looking like this /images/graemlins/grin.gif Try it and see.

CurlyCrly

I'd be afraid to take the 10 mg of biotin. I can't imagine how much my scalp would be itching with it. I don't know if I want to know. lol We'll see though. Does the "action" decrease as your hair becomes accustomed to the biotin?

Amethyst

It hasn't with me. I bought a whole 6-month supply and I'm going on my third bottle. Someone said as your hair becomes accustomed to products, the product doesn't work like it used to. I don't think this holds true for the biotin or any other supplement. I've read where bodybuilders for years take certain vit/minerals that they know are effective in maintaining their bodies and many have not switched their nutritional routine. If this holds true for the body, why not the hair? I realize people switch brands to see what brand is most efficient for them, but I wouldn't worry about the PPB becoming less effective not unless someone goes and messes with the formula the way someone went and did with my avocado conditioner /images/graemlins/mad.gif

CurlyCrly

Oh well, that's not the answer I wanted to hear. I was hoping that you'd say that the itching would stop, but the growing wouldn't. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

elliot

Now you guys got me all excited again about PPB. I just started taking it and can't wait to see the results. I am going to PM each one of you in a couple of weeks and let you know how its working for me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leshia

Amethyst said:
Now, maybe I've been taking biotin too long to really notice this but this seems so foreign to me. I take a megabiotin from Vitaminshoppe (7.5 mg) and I'm not ranting and raving. I wonder if I should switch to puritan's pride? I spend every freaken time I read the boards...

[/ QUOTE ]

Leshia I used to take CountryLife Biotin 5mg which did absolutely nothing for me. There was also a post about the vitaminshoppe biotin not being that effective as well. But I can tell you that PPB imho is no waste of money. So instead of looking like this /images/graemlins/mad.gif In a couple of days it'll have you looking like this /images/graemlins/grin.gif Try it and see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amethyst, I take the cardiovascular research brand. Now, you've done it....what's the brand from PP??? I NEED to know now..I went there and wasn't sure which everyone was taking...quick, which is it??? /images/graemlins/bookworm.gif

Leshia

Leshia said:
Amethyst said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Amethyst, I take the cardiovascular research brand. Now, you've done it....what's the brand from PP??? I NEED to know now..I went there and wasn't sure which everyone was taking...quick, which is it??? /images/graemlins/bookworm.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I just re-read my post...am I a junkie or what? /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Leshia

elliot said:
Now you guys got me all excited again about PPB. I just started taking it and can't wait to see the results. I am going to PM each one of you in a couple of weeks and let you know how its working for me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey post some pics woman! I've been waiting for what seems like weeks!!! I'm not telling you about my B-5 until you do. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Titansgirl

Hi Leshia, I took PP Biotin for about a month back in December and noticed that my nails were growing fast. Then I switched to Vitaminshoppe's 5mg of bioting and my nail growth slowed down. I just recently switched back to PP biotin about 2 weeks ago, and my nails are grwoing fast again! And I'm definitely getting the itches affects on the scalp! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LondonDiva

Amethyst said:
I'm really gonna have to close my eyes when it comes to these reviews because I'm gonna wind up broke, busted and disgusted over how a product review sends my PJism into overload:whyme

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but you'll have a beautiful head of hair. You can sell it to recoup the costs /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LondonDiva

Amethyst said:
Someone said as your hair becomes accustomed to products, the product doesn't work like it used to. I don't think this holds true for the biotin or any other supplement. I've read where bodybuilders for years take certain vit/minerals that they know are effective in maintaining their bodies and many have not switched their nutritional routine. If this holds true for the body, why not the hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a little thread hijack here, but that really P's me off when people say that about a supplement not working after a while. I mean if certain foods and vegetables are good for you and you eat them on a daily basis, does the nutritional value and it's effectiveness decrease over time /images/graemlins/nono.gif then why should the same thing apply to supplements. /images/graemlins/mad.gif I've even heard the same thing applied to face and body creams.

LondonDiva

elliot said:

[/ QUOTE ]

PM who ???? /images/graemlins/naughty.gif Oh no you don't. PPB success stories need to be made public. We are sitting at the edge of our seats here then elliot decides she's gonna PM people. /images/graemlins/spank.gif

Azalia

Hello Amethyst /images/graemlins/wave.gif
You are so right Amethyst about Country life biotin it's okay but nothing compared to the PP biotin. I do remember no kidding the tingling sensation and exspecially the "bristling" and girl my hair did skyrocket as well /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I was getting one full inch a month. Jade recommended this product to me also Hi Jade /images/graemlins/wave.gif. I switched to Country Life because I did not like taking 5 pills where as Country Life you only have to take one. I tell you one thing it's not worth loosing the result you get with PP but /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif Jade did tell me about Freedman's 10mg I have the Puritan Pride catalog in front of me right now and I don't know if I want to order PP or try Feedman's okay this is getting difficult /images/graemlins/confused.gif. What do you think?

marabou1

Ok, you ladies are so wrong! /images/graemlins/naughty.gif

I've turned into a serious PJ!!!

I just ordered the PP Biotin yesterday after buying the QP Elasta shampoo just the other day.

L

legs71

I've been taking 10 mgs. of PP biotin for 5 months now and I always wondered what was with the nagging sensation at the crown of my head which I addressed by scratching. An "itchy" scalp for me always was accompanied by dandruff. I think no matter how much you take it won't increase the itching sensation.

Armyqt

legs71 said:
I've been taking 10 mgs. of PP biotin for 5 months now and I always wondered what was with the nagging sensation at the crown of my head which I addressed by scratching. An "itchy" scalp for me always was accompanied by dandruff. I think no matter how much you take it won't increase the itching sensation.

[/ QUOTE ]

10mgs? Wow Legs, this stuff is potent at 5, I can imagine what it's doing at 10. How much growth are you seeing each month?

CurlyCrly

Although I was taking vitamins before, I started taking several more starting all on the same day, so I would have no way of determining which of the vitamins is causing this itchy feeling.

Amethyst, How was it initially determined that this sensation was coming from the PP Biotin?

elliot

Leshia said:
elliot said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey post some pics woman! I've been waiting for what seems like weeks!!! I'm not telling you about my B-5 until you do. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
LMAO
Okay, I am getting a touchup this weekend and I will get my stepdad to take some pictures.

elliot

LondonDiva said:
elliot said:

[/ QUOTE ]

PM who ???? /images/graemlins/naughty.gif Oh no you don't. PPB success stories need to be made public. We are sitting at the edge of our seats here then elliot decides she's gonna PM people. /images/graemlins/spank.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You and Leshia have just made my day with this thread. /images/graemlins/smile.gif You KNOW if I get some follicular action I'm going to let ya'll know. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

CurlyCrly

I've seen some people say that they are experiencing the "sensation" on the top of their head or crown area. Is anyone else feeling this all over? I get it on the top, sides, back, edges...every doggone where. I may be in the looney bin, but I'll have long hair.

Amethyst

Yeah but you'll have a beautiful head of hair. You can sell it to recoup the costs

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif <font color="red">Diva you are a trip and a half girl!</font> You've got me thinking though /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif BTW, those Profectiv Creams are off the hook! I have the megagrowth and will get the Roothealth soon. Did you purchase the MSM Flakes from the company there in London? If so, how is it? Also, I can't wait for you to post your results about the PPB. I'll bet my last $ that you'll be :clapping: too.

Azalia: I can only imagine what the Freedman's 10mg will do if the PPB is turning it out like nobody's business! I think after I finish my 3rd bottle, I'll order the Freedman's and take it for the next month. Just to see... I'm curious as Thomas the cat about this one too /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Leshia: PP only makes 1mg(1,000mcg)biotin. They come 100 tablets in a bottle. You have to take 5 tablets to get 5mg. I take mine all at once, but others do a split routine, taking some in the morning and the other half in the afternoon or evening. BTW, I'm glad the b5 is working realllll well for you. These b-vitamins are the bomb!

CurlyCrly: When I was taking the msm and added silica to it, I noticed my hair was coming in a straighter texture from the msm and the silica added a very nice shine to it. When I started taking the PPB within the first week I felt all this action going on with my scalp. I knew it wasn't the other supplements I was taking because though my hair was coming in at a nice rate, I NEVER HAD ANY BRISTLING GOING ON. ESPECIALLY NOT IN THE FIRST WEEK. That's right. I said the first week. This is how I knew it was the PPB and not the other supplements I was taking.

Legs:You say you are taking 10? How fast is your hair coming in? Wow, I'm like Armyqt, 5 is doing a great job for me.

Elliot and Maribou: Please post your results. I'm real anxious and excited to hear /images/graemlins/smile.gif And Elliot I have to agree with LondonDiva. Why would you PM us about your results? Are you trying to keep the PPB on the down-low /images/graemlins/sekret.gif If so then shame on you/images/graemlins/naughty.gif I see I have to go out in the yard, grab me a stick and /images/graemlins/spank.gif you too.

For everyone else that posted their results, thank you. I'm telling yall, if they ever needed any company reps, they need look no further. We all would do a great job /images/graemlins/up.gif As yall can see, I will yell and scream from the rooftops if I find a product that I can define as being like BlkMane says "my holy grail". If I find or hear about another product that works exceptionally well, I'll be sure to post. As it is, I'm more than satisfied with the results I'm achieving... The way I'm spending money, I just gotta make sure I catch those sales.

Ennyaa

Amethyst said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang Blast it you guys!!! /images/graemlins/swearing.gif I was taking the PP Biotin for months and was happy but then I got curious about the Country life because I saw folks talking about it on here and I bought a bottle of that. Now y'all are gonna make me switch back to PP! *ARRRRGH!!*

L

legs71

I think I'm getting close to an inch a month, but it's hard to tell since I'm natural and I wear extensions 24/7/365 only taking them out to wash and have re-done. I do know my hair is growing a lot faster than it did pre-vitamins. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Amethyst

Dang Blast it you guys!!! I was taking the PP Biotin for months and was happy but then I got curious about the Country life because I saw folks talking about it on here and I bought a bottle of that. Now y'all are gonna make me switch back to PP! *ARRRRGH!!*

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Ennyaa if it ain't broke, don't go messing with the wheel. And I don't want to put your pjism into overdrive but psssttt...Don't tell nobody /images/graemlins/sekret.gif I hear that Freedman's Biotin is more potent than the PPB /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Legs: Thanks for posting your results.

Ennyaa

See now you NEED to stop playin wit my emotions! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
The only reason my PJ habit hasn't been in full swing lately is because of all my moving drama. But once a sister gets all settled in... it's ON!!!

Freedman's you say? Hmmmmm.....

chollis718

Hey Ladies where can I buy the PP. Oh I forgot im pregnant can I still try it. Do you think it would be safe? /images/graemlins/smile.gif