PP Biotin Bristling, Itching, Follicular Action?

Victorian

old head
Re: PP Biotin Bristling, Itching, Follicular Actio

After reading through this post my mom and I got some Puritan's Pride Biotin (1mg tablets) and I started taking them on the July 14th. I've been taking 2mg per day instead of 5mg cuz my body tends to be pretty sensitive to what I put in it and I didn't know if I would have any sort of reaction to it. I felt my first itching/bristling action 6 days later

I just got a touch up on the 11th and I can already feel new growth coming up. This stuff really works! Oh and I should definitely mention that I also am taking B-100 from PP with the Biotin, after reading about how they work together.

debyjay

Hi Webby, I am using Puritan's Pride biotin along with MSM and B-5 and getting great results. I started them all together so I can't say for sure what has all this new growth on my head. I take 6mg of the biotin.

webby

Think Slim

Thanks debyjay and BlackCardinal.

One more thing, where do you get buy Puritan's Pride? Can you get it from GNC or the likes?

Also, debjay, what is MSM. LOL...you all have me itching just reading the thread :)

mblake8

Hi,
I Ordered the new 5mg biotin from Puritan Pride. When I got it is was in a puritan pride box but the brand name was Thompson Vits. I guess instead of making a 5mg Biotin, They decided to sell someone elses. I am going to order the 1mgs and take 5 a day.
M. Blake

debyjay

Oh mblake8, I think Puritan's Pride bought Thompson but I know what you mean coz I would want mine to say Puritan's Pride on the bottle.

pressncurl

I've been using biotin for about 6 weeks now; I take only 2mg a day. I had forgotten about this thread, but my head has been itching like crazy and I thought I had lice or some other bugs there--I mean, it really feels like things are crawling on my scalp. Anyway, then I realized, it's the biotin! Yay!! It's working!!

Shay_Renae

Hey CurlyCurly,
I'm neww to this and I'm only taking 2500 Biotin, is it ok to take to intake that much
And does this happen with a specific brand or it just happens?

lunalight7

2500 mgs=2.5 grams and this is about half of what some folks take, so u should be fine. Im not Curly Curly, just butting in!

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
[ QUOTE ]
Hey CurlyCurly,
I'm neww to this and I'm only taking 2500 Biotin, is it ok to take to intake that much
And does this happen with a specific brand or it just happens?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only taken one brand of biotin, and that was Puritan Pride. I had the itching after approx. 11 days. However, it stopped after a while. I was taking 5 mg (5000 mcg) per day. I did not experience any exceptional growth while taking this and don't plan to purchase it again. There are quite a few people on LHCF who did not experience itching, but have stated that they've had good hair growth.

DahomeyAhosi

My itching just started but, thank the ancestors, is not nearly as bad as that which some of you say. I have gotten good soft new growth in but I don't know if it's because of the biotin or silica I started...Anyway thanks for the tip and sorry it didn't work for you.

keez1979

I also got the Thompson brand instead of Puritan's Pride. Do you think it is the same thing, just packaged in a different bottle. I have the itchies and all, but I want what you girls are raving about!!! Mine are clear capsules filled with white powder. Is this what the Puritan's Pride capsules look like too? Please let me know!!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I take the Freeda brand biotin. I think I am getting excellent results from these. I haven't measured but I have noticed excessive new growth.

DahomeyAhosi

Nails@Elliot

Hey,

Growing up I remember my mother had ultra strong, long nails. She took a supplement called bone meal which, I believe, is cow marrow. Check it out. It certainly worked for her and she took it religiously.

DahomeyAhosi

[ QUOTE ]
I also got the Thompson brand instead of Puritan's Pride. Do you think it is the same thing, just packaged in a different bottle. I have the itchies and all, but I want what you girls are raving about!!! Mine are clear capsules filled with white powder. Is this what the Puritan's Pride capsules look like too? Please let me know!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

The PP biotin that I got is actually a round, small pill not a capsule.

itismehmmkay

so i'm not even half-way finished reading this whole post...but i've already sent out for 3 orders of biotin. why 3 separate orders? well, each order was made due to an increased security w/ the effects of this PPB.

so...i will soon be receiving 12 bottles of this stuff...that's 1200 vitamins....1200/5 = 240 daily dosages...240/30 = 8 months!!

ok guys....i'm looking forward to at least 6 inches of growth by April. i call myself giving the vitamins a chance to get settled in my body for the first 2 months.

6inches?
that's bra-strap

hell yeah!

krys

(keep me posted w/ inspirations....haha)

patience007

Re:

Hey Guys,

So here I am in NY, all excited because now I can finally locate all the wonderful products you ladies talk about. So I ordered PP biotin(5mg), I was so excited cus I heard so many wonderful things about this product.
When I got my box from Puritan pride, the brand of biotin was Thompsons vit. biotin. Has any one tried this new brand?? Do u guys think it's just as good as PP biotin?
Why didn't I get PP biotin? Let me hear your opinions about this product.

Take care,
Patience

angellazette

Re:

Did you order it from puritanpride.com? I don't know why you were given another brand. I would say give them a call.

AnjelLuvs

Re:

ok, ladies it has been three weeks since a perm and it feels like it has been 5 weeks, dont know if that is a good thing or not. At this rate I dont know what I am goin do.

I am into braidouts but getting tired of that, plus the winter is coming and I cant wash my hair every two days and let it air dry to prevent from getting a head cold.

what are the other options, should I try MSM along with my biotin or B5

loverofnaps71

Hi, I wear my hair natural and it's very curly. I really want my hair to grow as long as it can. I am currently taking Hair Energizer. Has this also worked? Not sure if I'm experiencing any change...

yokourt

It's funny you should say that. I just bought the Country Life biotin 5mg the other day. Now I wish I had came across this PPb brand ...

Isis

I haven't had the time to read all of these posts yet on PP Biotin but it seems like this is the brand to get! And the price is good too.

brittanynic16

Well, you guys talked me into it.
I got the PP's Biotin. I have been taking since Monday and today is Thursday. So I hope that I will get some itching going on in a few days.

hotshot

That's it! I'm ordering mine today. Very excited. So far 2000mcgs of MSM are going well, but I want to see more thickness, might as well give biotin a shot- its on sale. Three bottles for 8 and change.

elliot

Wow! This thread has grown so long! I remember when it started sometime back in the Spring. So I guess I should at least report how my hair has progresssed since taking PPB. Well, it has definetly grown about 5 inches since the Spring. I retained about 4 after trims. Yes, it does make my face breakout sometimes, and my nails grow quickly--provided I am taking it consistently.

Happy growing!

brittanynic16

Wow Elliot! That is twice the average. How much did you get before the biotin?

starz

Elliot that's excellent growth. How much biotin are you taking on a daily basis?