Practice Section of Hair

sonce

Am I the only one who has dedicated a section of my hair to practicing new techniques? I mess with the very front of my hair, at a 2" by 1" section (2" along hairline, 1" deep) to see how it reacts to a product or styling technique, before applying the product/technique to the rest of my hair. Yesterday, I tried blowdrying (I don't know how to do it) and it was snap, crackle, pop, and I was thinking how grateful I was that I was doing it on my practice section. The section is drier than the rest of my hair b/c it is a bit abused but it still grows well and just looks like I grew out bangs (which I did--the section was once a set of bangs I had cut in).

Anyway, I think it's a good idea to have that section so that you don't risk the entire head of hair.

:evil: Lusters Pink Oil Lotion was like brillo pad on my hair. Fortunately, I tested it on the front section (last four inches of my ends) only a few days after I came from the salon. My hair was hard as steel wool. :tantrum: I even set some aside and doctored it up, since I had a big bottle--which I bought on sale. I thought I would have to cut this section off. :nono: I had to press it and apply an oil blend to get it soft and supple again. Then I ended up giving it away, but for some people it works nice.

The crazy thing about it is that my stylist uses it on my hair from time to time, and I just discovered this out last week. He said: "It works good on your hair." :blush: I said: "Yes, when you press it after you apply it with an oil blend."

Last edited:
upper right forehead also where my bangs used to be is my test area. in fact, it's one of the first areas i chopped off during transition so i could get an early preview of what i was in for.

#1 i figure if i mess up i can always go back to bangs, worse case scenario and #2 if a product is too just gross i can just wash it out of that section really easily :lachen:and keep it moving!

The section I experiment or practice on is my nape, which is growing out beautifully. If a product doesn't work out well, I don't have to rewash my hair or hide anything. :)

Back