Praise Dance hair style

Zeal

Hey Ladies:

I have to dance Sunday. My hair has to be in a bun. I have a 1" TWA 4B hair.

What do you think will hold it down besides Gel. My praise dance lead suggests slick stuff (as she believes Gel is damaging) but she has never seen my twa as I always wear had wraps.

I may go purchase some today to experiment but I dont't waste money.

momi

If I had a TWA I wouldn't try to pull that into a bun. I can't imagine it staying put no matter what type of gel you use.

I would either have the TWA nice and neat or wear a head wrap.

Zeal

You can slick it down and pin the bun on. she has a short hari cut and has goit it in a bun plenty o imes. But she has a relaxer. (I think).

My hiar is actually maybe 2" it is shrunk down.

loolalooh

If I had a TWA I wouldn't try to pull that into a bun. I can't imagine it staying put no matter what type of gel you use.

Yes, I would go this route as well. Or a wig that you can put into a loose bun.

Renovating

I've used Long Aid activator gel since I bc'd and it hasn't been damaging to my hair at all. It has actually thrived and it only costs 5.49 for a large jar.

Zeal

I found an old post. Thanks you all! I can slick it down with eco Gel. I experimented yesterday. But I did not want cement hair all day. (even though back in the day i would rock finger waves) LOL!

I can get it down. Tie on wrapping papers and a stain scarf "overnight" It will stay" I was just wondering if anyoe had any other ideas.

Last edited: