Praise Report: Jobs, Careers and Interviews

MsDeeDee82

Hello Ladies,

Many of us have been searching, applying and interviewing for jobs lately. Any praise reports. I would love to hear praise reports. Although I dont have one and I am still searching and waiting I am asking God for peace and patience and reading Psalms 138 recommended by Sash008. It has given some serious patience. Although I dread coming to work. I do thank God that I can wake up to a job. While we are rejoicing please keep in mind those who have lost jobs in the recent days.

I pray that before this year is over I will have a praise report of my own until then Bring on the PRAISE ...Ladies

Last edited:

Sashaa08

I am glad you are still hanging in there! I haven't received my new job yet, but I continue to receive constant confirmation that it is coming-this employer is notoriously very slow.

I am praying for you and all of the other LHCF sisters who are unemployed, underemployed, or just looking for a new opportunity.

brownsugarflyygirl

I never posted in the other thread....but I read it and was right in the midst of what many other posters were facing with jobs and finances. In my case, I was employed with what I considered to be just a job where I was underearning and was looking for a career opportunity. After months and months of tears, job apps, and hardly any feedback...I got two offers on the same day and accepted a position that has been great so far. Since, I have been here, Ive heard back for two more positions that wanted me to do interviews with them, but I declined.

It was interesting how God closed or held close every door except the one that I was least interested in going through....even on the first day of my new job...I literally cried and did not want to start but I just kept hearing in my Spirit the scripture "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not into your own understanding in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." So I sucked it up, trusted God, and started the job.

So far, this position been a great blessing in my life not only professionally and financially but personally as well because I met an amazing God-loving man at my new job that is such a perfect fit for me and we just started a courtship that Im very very excited about. So for me it was two blessings in one....God is truly amazing, and I encourage you all just to continue to TRUST that God has a plan for you and if you keep your ear open to His voice He will lead you where you should be....even if the place your walking to makes absolutely no sense in the natural. It will make sense in the end.

Highly Favored8

I met an amazing God-loving man at my new job that is such a perfect fit for me and we just started a courtship that Im very very excited about. So for me it was two blessings in one....God is truly amazing, and I encourage you all just to continue to TRUST that God has a plan for you and if you keep your ear open to His voice He will lead you where you should be....even if the place your walking to makes absolutely no sense in the natural. It will make sense in the end

WOW God is So Good and this is a blessing! God is Good and Congratulations =)!

Farida

I had asked you ladies to pray for DH. He had 3 interviews for the same position by 3 different people. They all liked him and now we are waiting to hear the final word from HR. If anything, just the opportunity alone has lifted our spirits.

HeChangedMyName

Well, I had an exploratory interview today. I sent out tons of letters of interest a couple of months ago and the Head of HR got mine and wanted to meet me. Hopefully I did well in the interview and she will keep me in mind when a position opens up. This is a govt entity and I've been trying to get a foot in the door for years. She just helped me get my foot in the door and I am grateful and thankful to God for putting me on her heart. She says that every once and a while she will pull someone who has expressed interest in employment and that I interested her enough for her to want to know more. I think it went well.

ETA: I just put a thank you letter in the mail to my interviewer

Last edited:

Sashaa08

Congrats, ladies!! I am so delighted to hear that God is moving in so many of your lives. It's SO encouraging! :yep:

Highly Favored8

Well, I had an exploratory interview today. I sent out tons of letters of interest a couple of months ago and the Head of HR got mine and wanted to meet me. Hopefully I did well in the interview and she will keep me in mind when a position opens up. This is a govt entity and I've been trying to get a foot in the door for years. She just helped me get my foot in the door and I am grateful and thankful to God for putting me on her heart. She says that every once and a while she will pull someone who has expressed interest in employment and that I interested her enough for her to want to know more. I think it went well.

ETA: I just put a thank you letter in the mail to my interviewer

WOW Congratluations. On your interview! God is so Good. Please keep us posted on what happens! I know you will have a wonderful and encouraging Praise Report!:yep:

P

Paradox

By the grace of God, even though I've fallen hard in my relationship with him and I was super negative , he still blessed me with a job a human science center yesterday.Today is my second day.
I also got a job offer at Panera, but I didn't take it because of schedule conflicts.
I would also like to thank God for showing me ChaCha.

empressaja

I have a praise report. I had been working since March part time going through terrible financial times. Most of my own doing. Anywho. I was working on a project for my job this past month after being laid off the part time gig on short short notice and I applied for a position(same company) and had two awesome interviews end of August beginning of September.....

Well Tuesday morning dropping my kids off at their new school ( we had to change schools because I couldn't afford the gas to take them to school) I got a call, this is now three weeks after the second interview offering me a job full-time. I had to be patient ladies. Its coming ladies. The Lord knows we have to work to support our families and he is behind the scenes fixing all the variables to fit us perfectly. So we can strut in a respresent him with our work, attitudes, words. It is coming God bless.

Highly Favored8

got a call, this is now three weeks after the second interview offering me a job full-time. I had to be patient ladies. Its coming ladies. The Lord knows we have to work to support our families and he is behind the scenes fixing all the variables to fit us perfectly. So we can strut in a respresent him with our work, attitudes, words. It is coming God bless.

So encouraging God is so Good and He is so ABLE!

Sashaa08

I have a praise report. I had been working since March part time going through terrible financial times. Most of my own doing. Anywho. I was working on a project for my job this past month after being laid off the part time gig on short short notice and I applied for a position(same company) and had two awesome interviews end of August beginning of September.....

Well Tuesday morning dropping my kids off at their new school ( we had to change schools because I couldn't afford the gas to take them to school) I got a call, this is now three weeks after the second interview offering me a job full-time. I had to be patient ladies. Its coming ladies. The Lord knows we have to work to support our families and he is behind the scenes fixing all the variables to fit us perfectly. So we can strut in a respresent him with our work, attitudes, words. It is coming God bless.

Agreed and amen! I really believe that God is taking His time to put everything in place ("preparest a table before us")-after all, we are His daughters!

MsDeeDee82

I am so glad ladies we have somewhere to report God's wonders and blessings. I cant wait to share my praise report soon. I am just waiting on God.

morehairplease

I am so glad ladies we have somewhere to report God's wonders and blessings. I cant wait to share my praise report soon. I am just waiting on God.

co-signing. I have applied to numerous jobs and as of yet no call backs but I am still trusting in God.

ETA Update: Ladies this past Sunday I made it a point to have my dh purchase our local newspaper. Although the employment section was slim, I was able to find one job advertisement that I could apply for. Yesterday morning, I faxed my cover letter and resume to the number given at around 8:30a.m. A couple of hours after that, probably around lunch time or a little after, I received a voice mail message from the company requesting that I contact them to set up an interview. At lunch time, I meet my hubby at a local restaurant and we switched phones so I never heard/checked the phone I just went about my day. Well last night the air and phone went out in our home and my husband just so happened to be checking the phone for me. He informed me that the company had left the message......ladies I would not have known this b/c I am not one to actually check voice mails or anything like I should. I just had to say that God is good. I have been applying so much and hearing nothing back that I have started saying God just grant me an interview. I am calling the lady this morning to set up an interview. This has just lifted my spirits so b/c I often times say God why not me.

Last edited: