Praise The Lord, Saints!

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
Sunday, March 21, 2010 Print Article

Praise The Lord, Saints!
Rhonda Dent
There are many ways to Praise our Lord.
We can praise Him with a hand clap, by kneeling, lifting up our hands, crying or dancing, etc. Praise sets the stage for the spirit of the Lord to be manifested. When we praise we are letting God know that we trust, honor, appreciate and love Him. God loves when we praise Him and loves a sacrificial praise even more so. A sacrificial praise is when we praise Him when we do not feel like it and in spite of our circumstances.
Praise is one of our major weapons in order to live a victorious life. When we refuse to worry or complain and rejoice instead we are positioning ourselves to defeat the enemy. It is easy to give God praise when things are going well, but it takes strong faith to praise in the difficult times.
In most Churches when the Pastor asks for a hand clap of praise, everyone readily offers their hand clap of praise or when the church is in agreement with what the Pastor is saying there is a thunderous applause. Yet, there are many who do not verbally praise God. Hebrews 13:15 says, "Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise-the fruit of lips that confess His name.
The bible is specifically telling us to open up our mouths and Praise the Lord. In perilous times as these we have to step up our game a notch or two and tap into every resource we have available to break through the strong holds in our lives. God is very pleased with our hand claps of praise, our tears and all the other ways we Worship Him.
I believe that God also expects His children to open up their mouths and verbally praise Him as well. Psalm 22:3 says that God inhabits the praises of His people. When God's people cry out to Him it gets His immediate attention. Isn't there something about when our children cry out to us that always get our immediate attention? It is all the more with our Heavenly Father.
I can remember at one point when I thought praising God was solely a private matter. I thought, Praise God, out loud, in front of everyone in church, who me? But now that I know the Power of praise, I can no longer "hold my mule", if I may. I can no longer sit back and be a spectator, I must be a participator. Although I believe that praise is a personal matter I also know that there are times when we should shout to the Lord personally and collectively.
As we allow the Spirit to guide us, the voice of praise will rise up from the depth of our soul and pour out of us like a mighty river. And when the spirit of the Lord is manifested we shall receive power (dunamis) that will strengthen us and allow us to overcome all of our circumstances.
Let us open up our mouths and Praise the Lord, Saints!