Prayer Against Depression And Anxiety

Discussion in 'Christian Fellowship' started by pebbles, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Shimmie

Shimmie "God is the Only Truth -- Period" Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    For Msmchy ... :grouphug2:

In Jesus' Name, Father thank for the love that flows in the heart of your precious daughter and her beautiful family. You are there, soothing and comforting each and every care.

I thank you for the Blood of Jesus that keeps this family protected and blessed. Such a beauty they are, that represents true love which is meant to be. You are the very presence in their lives they shall always see. No weapon ever formed... against them shall prosper. In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen. :love2:

2. MyInvisibleChyrsalis

MyInvisibleChyrsalis New Member

Blog Posts:
    I printed out the prayers and scriptures and I keep them close to me. I had to yell some of it, lol. God is so good :)

3. Shimmie

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for posting this beautiful and healing prayer... :Rose:

4. Shimmie

Blog Posts:
    pebbles... thank you. :kiss: This heals...even a headache. :love3:

5. pebbles

pebbles Putting out fires....

Blog Posts:
    Thank-you, Father, that Your healing power stretches through time and space, that there is no corner on this earth You can't reach to touch a hurting soul. We praise you, Lord, that there is no expiration date on any prayer. Whether we call upon You early in the morning, or late in the midnight hour, we have total and complete assurance that You hear our cries, and answer our prayers. Thank-you, Lord, for the shed blood of Jesus that paid the ultimate price! The spirit of depression and anxiety were defeated at the cross! Our debts have all been paid, and we have been set free, for Whom the Son sets free, is free indeed! - In Jesus' name we pray, Amen!

Shimmie Thanks, sweetie! :love3: So glad you're feeling better. Isn't GOD good?? :yep:

6. seraphim712

seraphim712 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    deleted...

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  7. Incognitus

Incognitus New Member

Blog Posts:
    I need help. I can't do this on my own. I need you Father. It gets overwhelming sometimes, and trying to rely solely on you to heal me. Thank you for leading me to this thread.

8. Shimmie

Blog Posts:
    Incognitus... :flowers:

'Don't be afraid.....because from the first day that you committed yourself to understand and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard. I've come in answer to your prayers. "

....... Daniel 10:12

Just 'breathe' the love of God, He is embracing you all the way through, His total healing for you.

Fear not... He has heard and answered your prayers. :Rose:

9. Maracujá

Maracujá Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Tim Keller has a sermon entitled 'Peace - Overcoming Anxiety' on iTunes, it's free and it's really helpful.

10. SuchMagnificance

SuchMagnificance I Tried to Drink it Away...

Blog Posts:
    I could really use someone to talk to..can someone, anyone PM me?

Sent from my EVO using LHCF

11. klb120475

klb120475 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I really need the support of this thread. So glad I came back to the board.

12. Shimmie

Blog Posts:
    Dearest One klb120475...

Praying for you. ..

Love,
    Shimmie

13. sweetvi

sweetvi Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Needed this so bad. Thank you. Had to bump again

14. kanozas

kanozas se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón

Blog Posts:
    So attacked this week with anxiety and depression...so attacked. But I'm standing. I will not allow defeat (eta: not suicidal,not clinical depression... had some difficult issues come up that would make anyone lose some sleep from sadness. They are since resolved, thank G-d. I'm still standing.).

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    Shimmie likes this.
  15. Shimmie

Blog Posts:
    And you will not...be defeated. For God has made you more than a Conqueror through Jesus Christ, our precious Lord.

:bighug:

kanozas likes this.
  16. Lovie

Lovie Active Member

Blog Posts:
    I just read this for the first time today. So powerful, and perfect timing. The word of God is living, and never returns void. For each sister that has sown a seed in faith, a declaration of agreement in the promise of Christ, please know that the harvest is still being produced, 11 years later. Blessings and a release of favorable circumstance in every natural and supernatural realm for those who agree in the principles of Christ - for your faithfulness and the works that bring life to be manifestation of God's best and His glory in our lives.

Love & hugs.

17. Nice Lady

Nice Lady Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    A Catholic Prayer Against Depression

O Christ Jesus,
    when all is darkness
    and we feel our weakness and helplessness,
    give us the sense of Your presence,
    Your love, and Your strength.
    Help us to have perfect trust
    in Your protecting love
    and strengthening power,
    so that nothing may frighten or worry us,
    for, living close to You,
    we shall see Your hand,
    Your purpose, Your will through all things.

By Saint Ignatius of Loyola

JOI likes this.
  18. DanitheBee

DanitheBee Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Hi ladies,
    I just wanted to share my testimony with you to encourage and to set free those of you that have been laid low by this illness.
    I believe that I had depression since I was a child. My first suicide attempt was at 7 yrs Old. I deliberately ingested rat poison with the intention of dying. I swallowed one pellet but it burned too much so I stopped. I told no one.
    As I matured the aching sadness accompanied me wherever I went and affected all that I did. I kept my grades up all throughout my schooling but when it came time to migrate to the US it really became apparent to my mother at least that something was wrong. Fast forward 2 yrsyrs and I'm in my sophomore year of college and I had a breakdown. I remember staring out of the window looking at downtown Atlanta and feeling like taking a walk. I felt like walking and never stopping. I was so hollow and dead inside. That scared me and I went and got help.
    That started a journey of finding the right meds, eventually I was placed on a med that seemed to boost my motivation but overtime it actually triggered a prolonged manic episode and I won't go into details but it was an ugly time. However because I was manic I didn't think there was a problem until the depressive symptoms came back. I weaned myself off and went without for the next 3 yrs.
    By this time I moved to a different state, a willing move, but still stressful. I was put on another antidepressant, this one was the best yet. Unfortunately I had some health problems and came off of it.
    Fast forward two years later, I'm sick and severely depressed. I'm having a hard time keeping up with my assignments in grad school. By this time I had found Christ and was praying every day for my moods to be stable and to help me concentrate.
    I was desperate. I had to wait 6 months to see a psychiatrist due to insurance constraints and so looked up natural remedies to help.
    I did try taking my old prescription that had worked in the past but it made me feel foggy. But I remember the day I took the pill I heard Jesus say to me, 'don't you know I am working on your behalf ' so I threw the pill bottle away. I would read psalms from the depression plan in the bible app and pray and cry to God every day. I prayed to Him that I couldn't do grad school and have all that He had promised me with depression.
    One night I watched a video of a girl on YouTube. She shared her update as she had been gone for 6 months. She had fallen into a severe depression but one day got up and shook it off. I bitterly said to myself, "must be nice" before moving on to my bible study.
    The Holy spirit directed me to John 5.
    As I was reading I strongly related to the man and his helplessness. And as Jesus asked the man if he wanted to be made whole so he asked me as well. I was honestly confused about what happened so I went to bed lol.
    In the morning I got up at 8am all by myself with no alarm and with no feeling of a hole in my heart! I couldn't believe it I watched myself for the entire day to see if the feeling would come back.
    That was in November, it hasn't been back since!

I shared this with you so that you might be encouraged. That you will know that God hears you and to never stop praying. Trust me when I say that there is nothing about me or anything I prayed that made me deserve this healing. It was just God's grace.

19. LadyBugsy

LadyBugsy Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    Can you acknowledge that you are blessed but still be unhappy/depressed? If I am depressed, does that mean that I don't really belive I am blessed? Is depression a side effect of a lack of faith?

AnjelLuvsUBabe likes this.
  20. TrueSugar

TrueSugar Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
  21. LadyBugsy

LadyBugsy Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    Ladies, a family member of mine has just committed suicide. I was very closer to her (a maternal figure) and we are all devastated. Please keep me and my family in your prayers.

If you know someone that is down, depressed, etc. reach out and hug them for me. I suffer from depression as well and I lucked up that this happened during a high functioning time of my life. I am so confused and conflicted so please pray for us.

Thank you ladies. Love, light and blessings to all!

Shimmie likes this.
  22. Shimmie

Blog Posts:
    Dear @LadyBugsy ... Praying for you and your family. I thank God for renewing your hope and strength, so much so, that you will always know the joy of the Lord and how much He is indeed your strength. God bless you, dear one. God bless you and keep you, always. ❤

bellatiamarie and LadyBugsy like this.