Prayer Against Depression And Anxiety

belldandy

I don't even know if anyone comes into this thread anymore. I want to thank Pebbles for starting this thread...it is truly a blessing.

I just want to go back to being the person I used to be, spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. I have lost so much in such a short amount of time, I was in school to be a doctor and somehow I allowed other things to convince me that I am nothing. (abusive relationship) Some days i really don't even feel like living anymore because of all the pain. I know i shouldnt be telling all my business but it really doesnt matter who knows anymore, its gotten that bad. I don't know what my purpose is in life anymore...some days I can't even get out of bed. If anyone is reading this please just say a prayer for me, I pray that anyone reading this is blessed in the almighty name of Jesus.

Psalm 40

1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.

Amen.

asummertyme

thnx for this pebbles...this is so powerful and I needed this right now, I am going thru alot of anxiety and today has especially been a bad day...I will keep praying...

asummertyme

saying a prayer for you belldandy..please stay encouraged..keep praying..you can get thru this..
I don't even know if anyone comes into this thread anymore. I want to thank Pebbles for starting this thread...it is truly a blessing.

I just want to go back to being the person I used to be, spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. I have lost so much in such a short amount of time, I was in school to be a doctor and somehow I allowed other things to convince me that I am nothing. (abusive relationship) Some days i really don't even feel like living anymore because of all the pain. I know i shouldnt be telling all my business but it really doesnt matter who knows anymore, its gotten that bad. I don't know what my purpose is in life anymore...some days I can't even get out of bed. If anyone is reading this please just say a prayer for me, I pray that anyone reading this is blessed in the almighty name of Jesus.

Psalm 40

out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock

Many will see and fear

Amen.

YNOBE

Psalm 40

out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock

Many will see and fear

Amen.

First I'd like to say thacks to Pebbles for the post! It was very inspiring. I'm always looking thru the hair care forums, this is my first time in this one, but I will surely come back! Its filled with good stuff! :yep:

OMG Belldandy I am going thru something VERY similar. As I read what u wrote all I could say is wow, this sounds like my life! I know its hard and you feel like your going thru it alone (I was feeling the same way until I came across your post). I had no idea that so many others are going thru the same trials. Stay strong girlie, this is just a test. God is with you and he will help you thru it! :yep:

luthiengirlie

Prayer Against Depression and Anxiety.

LORD, GOD, we thank-you for the opportunity to come together as a corporate body to pray for ourselves, our sisters, our families, our friends, and our children, who are suffering from anxiety and depression.

LORD, we recognize that we’ve sinned against YOU and YOU alone, and have done things that are not pleasing in YOUR sight, but we thank-you for The Blood of JESUS that washes away our sins, and allows us to come humbly to YOUR THRONE OF GRACE with our prayer requests. Let the words and prayers of our mouths line up with the desires of YOUR HEART, FATHER, for in all things, we pray that YOUR WILL be done.

LORD, in the name of JESUS, we take authority and dominion over the spirits of depression, anxiety, and suicide. We curse them to their very roots! We declare the works of the enemy null and void over the lives of our LHCF sisters, our families, our children, our friends, and ourselves! We bind the works of the enemy who seeks to destroy us and our loved ones through depression, and we loose healing over ourselves, our LHCF sisters, our children, family members, and our friends, in the name of JESUS.

FATHER, we lift up our sisters who are being plagued by the spirit of suicide. LORD, GOD, shut the mouth of the enemy that tells us we would be better off dead, that our families and friends would be better off with us not around because we cause too much trouble, that we’re not important, that we have no purpose, that no-one could ever love us, that no-one would miss us if we were gone, that YOU would never forgive us because of past sins. The devil is a LIAR! Silence him, FATHER. Send YOUR angels to minister to our sisters. Let them hear YOUR voice. Comfort and heal them, LORD, in the name of JESUS. Let them walk in victory and in deliverance, as only YOUR SPIRIT can give.

FATHER, we curse the spirit of low self-esteem and inadequacy. LORD, teach us, as your word says in Psalms 139:14, that we are FEARFULLY and WONDERFULLY made; MARVELOUS are YOUR WORKS, Oh GOD, and that our souls know it well! LORD, whatever negative words somebody spoke over us or to us that caused some of us to suffer with low self-esteem, we declare the power in those words DEAD, in the name of JESUS! Whether it was a parent, aunt, uncle, grandparent, sibling, boyfriend, or whoever said that thing, it is now powerless to control us any longer.

LORD, we ask you to heal us all of past hurts, all manner of abuse, be they psychological, physical, or sexual in nature, addictions of all kinds, and any actions of the past that brought us down. Help us not to live in the past, but to look forward with joy in our hearts, and with expectancy for YOUR GRACE, MERCY, and BLESSINGS in our lives.

LORD, GOD, we ask that you would free us from the spirits of ANGER, BITTERNESS, JEALOUSY, UNFORGIVENESS, VINDICTIVENESS, WITCHCRAFT, ENVY, REBELLION, and just plain old MEANESS. None of these things bring you Honor or Glory, nor do they do anything to uplift us and bring us happiness. They only cause us to be unhappy, to wallow in self-pity, to live and walk in darkness and in unfulfilled lives.

FATHER, some of us have things and situations in our lives that act as an open door and brings the demon of depression in to run amuck all over our lives. LORD, show us what it is, point it out to us, shine a spotlight on it, sharpen our spiritual vision, give your daughters clarity, and strengthen us to remove those things that are causing anxiety and depression to come into our lives.
-If it’s something we’re doing, make us uncomfortable any time we go to do it, speak to us and convict us, so that we may be delivered. FATHER, free us, in the name of JESUS!
-Move us out of these unhealthy, ungodly relationships! Move those people away from us. Give us the strength to turn our backs to these things, once and for all!
-FATHER, if it’s a generational curse, we ask that you remove it from us, in the MIGHTY name of JESUS! What manner of curse can stand before YOU and not be broken at the sound of YOUR name?

We rebuke the enemy who seeks to keep us bound and captive through sin, in JESUS’ name!

FATHER, we speak to these mountains and order them to be moved, by the power and might in the name of JESUS!

LORD, those who have been crying non-stop and don’t even understand why, dry their eyes, and send your spirit of comfort to console and heal them. Let our sisters and loved ones not be troubled over anything, but let them cast their cares at YOUR FEET, knowing that YOU have everything under control.

FATHER, those who haven’t had a decent night’s sleep in ages because of worry, in the name of JESUS, cause them to lay their heads on their pillows tonight and lose consciousness. Don’t let them wake up in the middle of the night, crying. Knock them out, LORD! Give them a peaceful, restful sleep that will rejuvenate their minds and bodies.

FATHER, give us the strength to WAIT ON YOU! LORD, help us to come to an understanding that we CAN’T do it for ourselves! We’ve tried, but failed. Teach us patience, LORD!

FATHER, YOU uphold all who fall and YOU raise those who are bowed down. YOU give freedom to the prisoners. YOU open the eyes of the blind. YOU heal the brokenhearted and bind up their wounds. YOU relieve the fatherless and the widows. YOU lift up the humble, but cast down the wicked.

Restore a JOY and a PEACE that only YOUR SPIRIT can give, to us, to our LHCF sisters, and to our loved ones; one that SURPASSES all our understanding, and goes beyond what we could ever hope or ask for.

FATHER, we thank-you for sound minds, for peace in our spirits and in our hearts, for healing our hurts. Help us to understand that we need to have a relationship with YOU, LORD. That YOUR desire is not to see our deaths, but that we have a closer walk with YOU every day, not just when we’re in trouble.

LORD, let us remember that in all things and for all things, we need to seek YOUR will.

FATHER, GOD, we thank-you that at the sound of the name of JESUS, situations and circumstances have to change, strong-holds are torn down, yolks are broken.

We praise YOU, OH LORD, for being our strong tower, for being mighty in battle! FATHER, with YOU for us, who can be against us? Hallelujah!

LORD,GOD, we thank-you for all that YOU’RE doing, for all YOU’RE going to do in the lives of our LHCF sisters, the lives of our loved ones, and our own lives. We thank-you for the MIRACLES that will come forth because we’ve asked it in JESUS’ name, and believe we receive them.

Let those who have turned away from YOU be brought back, and let those who have never known YOU, come to discover the AWESOME, MIGHTY, POWERFUL, MERCIFUL GOD THAT YOU ARE!

FATHER, we ask that our sisters who pray this prayer and all the other prayers and Psalms to be posted on this thread, believing YOU for their deliverance, be healed and delivered indeed. LORD, cause it to be that even those who don’t ever open this prayer thread, experience breakthroughs anyway, simply because this prayer and those to follow are posted on the forum.

LORD, let YOUR BLESSINGS and HEALING POWER spill out from this thread and onto the forum, and let it be done by YOUR HAND OF GLORY, FOR YOUR HONOR ONLY!

We promise to give YOU ALL THE GLORY AND PRAISE, for YOU ALONE ARE WORTHY!

In JESUS’ name we pray,

AMEN!
:rosebud:

I have not been able to sleep until 3-4 am the past several months. I have not felt at peace, especially with things. Its gotten so bad I have had chest pain and migraine headaches. YHWH's been revealing to me His Character and what love truly is more and more. I didn't know what was wrong. I had been under spiritual attack. Then the sleepless nights came. I was suceeding in losing weight then this lack of sleep started interfering. I felt like I was gonna cry for no reason. I have been crying out to YHWH as to why I couldn't do my HOMEWORK! I realized I was constantly panicing. I was even slipping back to the old sinful me so I could cope. I said something needs to be done. I felt led to come here @ 2:38 am. And pray this prayer. Something did NOT want me to pray this prayer. I felt an over whelming sense of fear in the beginning. As I continued I felt the chest pain go away and that fear and depression to go away. I needed this more than I thought I did.

Believer131

Thank you Father God for leading me to this thread and this forum. It's amazing how You always meet my needs. I thank you for deliverance from depression and every other stronghold that steals my joy and has me stuck. I thank you my being able to control my thoughts, feelings and emotions Lord. Lord I thank you for your help in that area especially Lord. Lord I thank you for delivering all of us from the spirit of depression Lord so that we may live the lives that You created us to live. Lord I thank you for the blood of Jesus that makes me a conquerer over depression and every other stronghold. I thank you for healing from my head to my toes, Lord, from my inside to outside, Lord, from my hair to my heart Lord - I thank you for total and complete healing. I thank you for this in the name of your son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Believer131

Here is a link to a great teaching called "What's Been on Your Mind Lately" by Joyce Meyers. For those tuning to God for a depression and anxiety solution, this teaching should help. It is available for a donation of any amount (even just $1). https://shop.joycemeyer.org/estore/products/JMM/PID-D245AA.aspx

Also this week's message on her TV broadcast has to do with Deliverance from a Deceived Mind and Thinking About What You are Thinking About. You can watch the programs for free online at http://www.joycemeyer.org/ourministries/broadcast/

I find these teachngs to be uplifting and filled with behavioral changes we can make to control our thoughts and feelings.

I thank God for renewing our minds today and all days so that we may control our thoughts and feelings. I also thank God and the OP for this post. Saying this prayer is definitely helping me.

Last edited:

prtybrwnis

This has come at a very critical time for me. I have battle depression for the last few years and the past few days have put me at point that I don't want to be. I needed this prayer and am working on my relationship with God period. I am a true believer that with God at the forefront of my life....I can handle any and everything!

DaDragonPrincess

This has been a rough year for me. My best friend was murdered in a racist hate crime, gotten my heart broken twice one by a child hood crush,and other by a high school crush that I recently experienced, and I tell you its been very hard and painful. I have shared many tears and stayed up many nights not being able to sleep. I have been under alot of stress to the point of my hair shedding and thining around the edges,dropping weight,migrains,and not eating much as I should. My doctor have me taking pills for stress and my migrains,plus protien shakes to help with the weight gain. I just ask that you ladies pray for me,thanks so much.

plainj

This has been a rough year for me. My best friend was murdered in a racist hate crime, gotten my heart broken twice one by a child hood crush,and other by a high school crush that I recently experienced, and I tell you its been very hard and painful. I have shared many tears and stayed up many nights not being able to sleep. I have been under alot of stress to the point of my hair shedding and thining around the edges,dropping weight,migrains,and not eating much as I should. My doctor have me taking pills for stress and my migrains,plus protien shakes to help with the weight gain. I just ask that you ladies pray for me,thanks so much.
I pray for God's peace to overwhelm you and that you would have joy overflowing, in the name of Jesus. Sometimes God will bring us to our weakest point so that we would drop to our knees and call on Him. That's when He shows us that He is all we need. He is our strength, our joy, our peace, our hiding place. He is whatever we need Him to be. God bless you.

humblebyHIM

PS:BSL 2016
I ask for pray against all the negative energy in my life and the lives of my love ones. I ask the Lord to protect my family, friends and myself. I feel like the enemy is trying to bring me down in so many ways and aspects of my life and I thank the Lord for protecting me. Everyday I feel like I am drowning in negativity and I am praying for the Lord to remove this feeling from me. The Lord has blessed me in so many ways and protected me from the enemy all my life. I know that I am only here because of HIS grace and mercy. And yet I still feel so much sadness in my life. I ask for everyone to pray for me and ask the Lord to remove this negative energy from my life.

NaturallyYours2

I ask for pray against all the negative energy in my life and the lives of my love ones. I ask the Lord to protect my family, friends and myself. I feel like the enemy is trying to bring me down in so many ways and aspects of my life and I thank the Lord for protecting me. Everyday I feel like I am drowning in negativity and I am praying for the Lord to remove this feeling from me. The Lord has blessed me in so many ways and protected me from the enemy all my life. I know that I am only here because of HIS grace and mercy. And yet I still feel so much sadness in my life. I ask for everyone to pray for me and ask the Lord to remove this negative energy from my life.

MSCHOCOLATEDIVA, I am going through the same thing right now. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers because victory is on the other side of trials and tribulations. :)

sunshinelove

Humblebyhim, dadragonprincess, mschocolatediva, prtybrwnis, luthiengirl, belldandy I am praying for you.

Dear Lord,

Thanks for bringing me back to the board today. I pray especially for those named above. Lord Jesus grant them the freedom that they need. Remove all negative energy and forces and replace them with your light and love. Jesus, I ask You to move on their behalf right now. I pray that the blood that was shed by You be applied to every problem, every situation, every depression, anxiousness all panic and fear. Father you have said in Your word that we overcame him by the blood of the lamb and by the word of our testimony. Help these to know that they are overcomers in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

God Bless you, Believe Believe Believe

I'm going to frequent this board more often. If anyone needs prayer send me a message. I'm here to pray with anyone needing prayer. This is something I've battled with. We have the victory in Jesus' name.

Transformer

I want to revive this thread for everyone that has experience or living with any type of anxiety or depression. Sometimes you might not recognize your anxiety or aware that you are depressed. The winter months are difficult periods for a lot of people but spring is here and the word of the Lord and the Holy Spirit endures.

joy2day

i have been living with and battling depression and anxiety for a long time. It is a battle to stay free, and I am currently thinking of enlisting the help of a Christian therapist. God Bless, keep and heal all of us who are struggling to get free and stay free.

Farida

Ladies, I am suffering serious anxiety while I study. I am often unable to sleep but I'm hanging in there. I cannot take any medication because it would make me sleepy and I need to be awake for several hours a day studying. Also, I would hate to develop a dependency.

I hope you are all doing ok...and I sure hope that this too, shall pass.

Pamsc

Thanks Pebbles for starting this thread. I have been a member since 2007 and just stumbled across this today. Not my chance either. From the moment I read the opening line of the prayer, my faith has been renewed and an immense burden has been lifted. "Thank you JESUS"! I have tears in my eyes now as I type.....even the strong have week moments and in those moments the devil tries to still our hope, joy, and mind. I thank God today that I read this prayer! I have soo much to be thankful for and have allowed the devil to redirect my focus on what I have lost. All I can do is sing....

...when I think back over my life
and I think things oo-ver,
I can truly say, that I've been BLESSED!
I've got a testimony!!!

You ladies be blessed!

Iwanthealthyhair67

someone shared this powerful prayer with me today, and I would like to share here I hope it's okay..

This evening Heavenly Father, I call upon you, whom your word has described as a consuming fire to burn at the very root every spirit of depression, mind dullness, forgetfulness, mind blankness, confusion, incoherence, fear, suicide, abnormal thinking of death, worry, spirits of heaviness, sexual perverted thoughts, violence, unforgiveness and bitterness. Father I bind the spirits of laziness, procrastination, the lack of will power, might,courage and determination.

Father in the name of your son Jesus Christ I pray that you rain down fire like in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah upon every spirit that has been consistently attacking our minds particularly in the area of doubting your word, reading your word, and most of all not being able to focus on your word. I command the spirits of anxiety and panic attacks to die in the name of Jesus Christ. I pray especially for those that have received devastating news such as the loss of a love one, a broken marriage, divorce, an unwelcome Doctor's report and the spirit of grief, I command these spirits and the power of darkness that has been tormenting these people to die in the name of Jesus Christ. and to be cast in to the abyss.

Father I attack the spirit of uncertainty with spiritual brute force which is your word that says IF YOU BE FOR US WHO CAN BE AGAINST US! I now call upon the angels of the lord who has been given charge over us and to keep us in all our ways to go forth and to take back what the enemy has stolen from us mentally and spiritually. I command Satan, whom God has said sole purpose towards us is to kill steal and to destroy to return unto every reader of this prayer all that he has stolen in the name of Jesus Christ.

Your word gives us the right, when it said that if the thief (Satan) be found he must restore seven fold what he has stolen, Proverbs 6:31. God I earnestly pray for that person reading this right now that's flowing in tears because you've heard their inward and outward cry concerning their mental state. You are indeed an on time God and one who answers the prayers of his people.

Finally Father, we want to thank you in advance for soundness of mind, the ability to focus, concentrate, make sound decision and to possess a sense of freedom in our thoughts. Thank you for pure pleasant imagination, the ability to freely think positively. Thank you for giving us the power to relinquish our minds of perverted sexual immoral thoughts, negativity, evil imagination and thinking evil of others. We ask these things and believe they are done by faith in the name of your son Jesus Christ. Amen!

Member and non-members of this group if you are tired of being tormented by the enemy I suggest you copy this prayer and repeat it at least three times a day. Remember we are in a battle with who have the advantage of seeing us but it is not common for us to see them. However prayer acts as a sword in the spirit especially prayers saturated with the word of God. I come in agreement with all of you that pray this prayer in Jesus name.

By Mins. K. Laing

ms.aiken01

I thank God for leading me to this thread...Every day has been an ongoing struggle for me. My anxiety has already cost me my job and now I feel like I'm losing myself. My negative thoughts and feelings are taking a toll on me. I'm thinking horrible things about myself and others that I know I don't mean but its a struggle to keep these thoughts out of my head. I miss the old me..the me that loved who I was, that loved others, that had compassion and I don't understand why everytime I say something positive, a negative thought would come up and its an ongoing cycle. I can't sleep at night, people who love me are beginning to notice my unhappiness even though I try to fake it. I just want to be free Jesus!

smwrigh3

I read this pray for the first time this morning and I couldn't make it thru with sheding a tear. I am going to read this every morning. I have struggled with anxitey since the 8th grade and recently dianogsed with depression! But I feel like this is a set up for a more imporatant purpose in my life!

I am so grateful. I will lift up the name of God in all that I do. I am not forgotten and I have victory!

makeupgirl

Ladies,

Please pray that I will be good this week. I ran out of my bipolar meds and lost the prescription. It's been called to my doc from my pharmacy so I'm going to be at least 3 days without the meds in my system. Please pray that I will still be of sound mind and that Satan doesn't try to take advantage. Please pray that I will hold on to God's unchanging hand and that I remember his word says "he will never leave me nor forsake me".

Thanks in advance, thy Lord's will be done.

Iwanthealthyhair67

I pray that the Lord delivers and sets you from the sickness that you wont be a slave to it any longer that your mind and body every, cell, vessel, membrane, tissue, brain wave, every fiber of your being lines up in accordance to his word and will as His will is that you be in good health and prosper in Jesus name Amen.

Ladies,

Please pray that I will be good this week. I ran out of my bipolar meds and lost the prescription. It's been called to my doc from my pharmacy so I'm going to be at least 3 days without the meds in my system. Please pray that I will still be of sound mind and that Satan doesn't try to take advantage. Please pray that I will hold on to God's unchanging hand and that I remember his word says "he will never leave me nor forsake me".

Thanks in advance, thy Lord's will be done.

Last edited:

stephluv

Used to be depressed when I was younger dealing with self-esteem issues and I still have to work on that...i sometimes cant take a compliment (my boo has pointed this out to me) But now that alot of my friends are in relationships, getting better jobs, or having kids I'm noticing that depression spirit lingering

Last night prayed to rebuke it because i've come far from where I started and I try to keep up the confident front. I feel more comfortable saying this on here then I would ever tell anyone in person... I'm a lil sad and depressed with my life but I have an image to upkeep so having anymore anxiety attacks is not an option Just praying for a change and some more positivity in my life Thanks for letting me vent

Thank you thank you God for this thread. I have been dealing with so much this past week. I'm sitting here crying right now, because I'm finally seeing how badly God has been fighting for me. Just...thank you.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Msmchy There is comfort and safety in the shadow of his wings, Jesus is forever making intercession to the Father on your behalf cast your cares on him because he cares for you. He is giving you wisdom and strength to go through.

I'm praying that you feel that comfort that only Abba can give also praying that you feel his presence because you are not alone, he promised never to leave or forsake you.