Prayer Against Depression And Anxiety

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Thank you thank you God for this thread. I have been dealing with so much this past week. I'm sitting here crying right now, because I'm finally seeing how badly God has been fighting for me. Just...thank you.

For Msmchy ... :grouphug2:

In Jesus' Name, Father thank for the love that flows in the heart of your precious daughter and her beautiful family. You are there, soothing and comforting each and every care.

I thank you for the Blood of Jesus that keeps this family protected and blessed. Such a beauty they are, that represents true love which is meant to be. You are the very presence in their lives they shall always see. No weapon ever formed... against them shall prosper. In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen. :love2:

Shimmie

Staff member
someone shared this powerful prayer with me today, and I would like to share here I hope it's okay..

This evening Heavenly Father, I call upon you, whom your word has described as a consuming fire to burn at the very root every spirit of depression, mind dullness, forgetfulness, mind blankness, confusion, incoherence, fear, suicide, abnormal thinking of death, worry, spirits of heaviness, sexual perverted thoughts, violence, unforgiveness and bitterness. Father I bind the spirits of laziness, procrastination, the lack of will power, might,courage and determination.

Father in the name of your son Jesus Christ I pray that you rain down fire like in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah upon every spirit that has been consistently attacking our minds particularly in the area of doubting your word, reading your word, and most of all not being able to focus on your word. I command the spirits of anxiety and panic attacks to die in the name of Jesus Christ. I pray especially for those that have received devastating news such as the loss of a love one, a broken marriage, divorce, an unwelcome Doctor's report and the spirit of grief, I command these spirits and the power of darkness that has been tormenting these people to die in the name of Jesus Christ. and to be cast in to the abyss.

Father I attack the spirit of uncertainty with spiritual brute force which is your word that says IF YOU BE FOR US WHO CAN BE AGAINST US! I now call upon the angels of the lord who has been given charge over us and to keep us in all our ways to go forth and to take back what the enemy has stolen from us mentally and spiritually. I command Satan, whom God has said sole purpose towards us is to kill steal and to destroy to return unto every reader of this prayer all that he has stolen in the name of Jesus Christ.

Your word gives us the right, when it said that if the thief (Satan) be found he must restore seven fold what he has stolen, Proverbs 6:31. God I earnestly pray for that person reading this right now that's flowing in tears because you've heard their inward and outward cry concerning their mental state. You are indeed an on time God and one who answers the prayers of his people.

Finally Father, we want to thank you in advance for soundness of mind, the ability to focus, concentrate, make sound decision and to possess a sense of freedom in our thoughts. Thank you for pure pleasant imagination, the ability to freely think positively. Thank you for giving us the power to relinquish our minds of perverted sexual immoral thoughts, negativity, evil imagination and thinking evil of others. We ask these things and believe they are done by faith in the name of your son Jesus Christ. Amen!

Member and non-members of this group if you are tired of being tormented by the enemy I suggest you copy this prayer and repeat it at least three times a day. Remember we are in a battle with who have the advantage of seeing us but it is not common for us to see them. However prayer acts as a sword in the spirit especially prayers saturated with the word of God. I come in agreement with all of you that pray this prayer in Jesus name.

By Mins. K. Laing

Thank you for posting this beautiful and healing prayer... :Rose:

Shimmie

Staff member
Prayer Against Depression and Anxiety.

LORD, GOD, we thank-you for the opportunity to come together as a corporate body to pray for ourselves, our sisters, our families, our friends, and our children, who are suffering from anxiety and depression.

LORD, we recognize that we’ve sinned against YOU and YOU alone, and have done things that are not pleasing in YOUR sight, but we thank-you for The Blood of JESUS that washes away our sins, and allows us to come humbly to YOUR THRONE OF GRACE with our prayer requests. Let the words and prayers of our mouths line up with the desires of YOUR HEART, FATHER, for in all things, we pray that YOUR WILL be done.

LORD, in the name of JESUS, we take authority and dominion over the spirits of depression, anxiety, and suicide. We curse them to their very roots! We declare the works of the enemy null and void over the lives of our LHCF sisters, our families, our children, our friends, and ourselves! We bind the works of the enemy who seeks to destroy us and our loved ones through depression, and we loose healing over ourselves, our LHCF sisters, our children, family members, and our friends, in the name of JESUS.

FATHER, we lift up our sisters who are being plagued by the spirit of suicide. LORD, GOD, shut the mouth of the enemy that tells us we would be better off dead, that our families and friends would be better off with us not around because we cause too much trouble, that we’re not important, that we have no purpose, that no-one could ever love us, that no-one would miss us if we were gone, that YOU would never forgive us because of past sins. The devil is a LIAR! Silence him, FATHER. Send YOUR angels to minister to our sisters. Let them hear YOUR voice. Comfort and heal them, LORD, in the name of JESUS. Let them walk in victory and in deliverance, as only YOUR SPIRIT can give.

FATHER, we curse the spirit of low self-esteem and inadequacy. LORD, teach us, as your word says in Psalms 139:14, that we are FEARFULLY and WONDERFULLY made; MARVELOUS are YOUR WORKS, Oh GOD, and that our souls know it well! LORD, whatever negative words somebody spoke over us or to us that caused some of us to suffer with low self-esteem, we declare the power in those words DEAD, in the name of JESUS! Whether it was a parent, aunt, uncle, grandparent, sibling, boyfriend, or whoever said that thing, it is now powerless to control us any longer.

LORD, we ask you to heal us all of past hurts, all manner of abuse, be they psychological, physical, or sexual in nature, addictions of all kinds, and any actions of the past that brought us down. Help us not to live in the past, but to look forward with joy in our hearts, and with expectancy for YOUR GRACE, MERCY, and BLESSINGS in our lives.

LORD, GOD, we ask that you would free us from the spirits of ANGER, BITTERNESS, JEALOUSY, UNFORGIVENESS, VINDICTIVENESS, WITCHCRAFT, ENVY, REBELLION, and just plain old MEANESS. None of these things bring you Honor or Glory, nor do they do anything to uplift us and bring us happiness. They only cause us to be unhappy, to wallow in self-pity, to live and walk in darkness and in unfulfilled lives.

FATHER, some of us have things and situations in our lives that act as an open door and brings the demon of depression in to run amuck all over our lives. LORD, show us what it is, point it out to us, shine a spotlight on it, sharpen our spiritual vision, give your daughters clarity, and strengthen us to remove those things that are causing anxiety and depression to come into our lives.
-If it’s something we’re doing, make us uncomfortable any time we go to do it, speak to us and convict us, so that we may be delivered. FATHER, free us, in the name of JESUS!
-Move us out of these unhealthy, ungodly relationships! Move those people away from us. Give us the strength to turn our backs to these things, once and for all!
-FATHER, if it’s a generational curse, we ask that you remove it from us, in the MIGHTY name of JESUS! What manner of curse can stand before YOU and not be broken at the sound of YOUR name?

We rebuke the enemy who seeks to keep us bound and captive through sin, in JESUS’ name!

FATHER, we speak to these mountains and order them to be moved, by the power and might in the name of JESUS!

LORD, those who have been crying non-stop and don’t even understand why, dry their eyes, and send your spirit of comfort to console and heal them. Let our sisters and loved ones not be troubled over anything, but let them cast their cares at YOUR FEET, knowing that YOU have everything under control.

FATHER, those who haven’t had a decent night’s sleep in ages because of worry, in the name of JESUS, cause them to lay their heads on their pillows tonight and lose consciousness. Don’t let them wake up in the middle of the night, crying. Knock them out, LORD! Give them a peaceful, restful sleep that will rejuvenate their minds and bodies.

FATHER, give us the strength to WAIT ON YOU! LORD, help us to come to an understanding that we CAN’T do it for ourselves! We’ve tried, but failed. Teach us patience, LORD!

FATHER, YOU uphold all who fall and YOU raise those who are bowed down. YOU give freedom to the prisoners. YOU open the eyes of the blind. YOU heal the brokenhearted and bind up their wounds. YOU relieve the fatherless and the widows. YOU lift up the humble, but cast down the wicked.

Restore a JOY and a PEACE that only YOUR SPIRIT can give, to us, to our LHCF sisters, and to our loved ones; one that SURPASSES all our understanding, and goes beyond what we could ever hope or ask for.

FATHER, we thank-you for sound minds, for peace in our spirits and in our hearts, for healing our hurts. Help us to understand that we need to have a relationship with YOU, LORD. That YOUR desire is not to see our deaths, but that we have a closer walk with YOU every day, not just when we’re in trouble.

LORD, let us remember that in all things and for all things, we need to seek YOUR will.

FATHER, GOD, we thank-you that at the sound of the name of JESUS, situations and circumstances have to change, strong-holds are torn down, yolks are broken.

We praise YOU, OH LORD, for being our strong tower, for being mighty in battle! FATHER, with YOU for us, who can be against us? Hallelujah!

LORD,GOD, we thank-you for all that YOU’RE doing, for all YOU’RE going to do in the lives of our LHCF sisters, the lives of our loved ones, and our own lives. We thank-you for the MIRACLES that will come forth because we’ve asked it in JESUS’ name, and believe we receive them.

Let those who have turned away from YOU be brought back, and let those who have never known YOU, come to discover the AWESOME, MIGHTY, POWERFUL, MERCIFUL GOD THAT YOU ARE!

FATHER, we ask that our sisters who pray this prayer and all the other prayers and Psalms to be posted on this thread, believing YOU for their deliverance, be healed and delivered indeed. LORD, cause it to be that even those who don’t ever open this prayer thread, experience breakthroughs anyway, simply because this prayer and those to follow are posted on the forum.

LORD, let YOUR BLESSINGS and HEALING POWER spill out from this thread and onto the forum, and let it be done by YOUR HAND OF GLORY, FOR YOUR HONOR ONLY!

We promise to give YOU ALL THE GLORY AND PRAISE, for YOU ALONE ARE WORTHY!

In JESUS’ name we pray,

AMEN!
:rosebud:

pebbles... thank you. :kiss: This heals...even a headache. :love3:

pebbles

Thank-you, Father, that Your healing power stretches through time and space, that there is no corner on this earth You can't reach to touch a hurting soul. We praise you, Lord, that there is no expiration date on any prayer. Whether we call upon You early in the morning, or late in the midnight hour, we have total and complete assurance that You hear our cries, and answer our prayers. Thank-you, Lord, for the shed blood of Jesus that paid the ultimate price! The spirit of depression and anxiety were defeated at the cross! Our debts have all been paid, and we have been set free, for Whom the Son sets free, is free indeed! - In Jesus' name we pray, Amen!

Shimmie Thanks, sweetie! :love3: So glad you're feeling better. Isn't GOD good?? :yep:

Incognitus

I need help. I can't do this on my own. I need you Father. It gets overwhelming sometimes, and trying to rely solely on you to heal me. Thank you for leading me to this thread.

Shimmie

Staff member
I need help. I can't do this on my own. I need you Father. It gets overwhelming sometimes, and trying to rely solely on you to heal me. Thank you for leading me to this thread.

Incognitus... :flowers:

'Don't be afraid.....because from the first day that you committed yourself to understand and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard. I've come in answer to your prayers. "

....... Daniel 10:12

Just 'breathe' the love of God, He is embracing you all the way through, His total healing for you.

Fear not... He has heard and answered your prayers. :Rose:

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
Tim Keller has a sermon entitled 'Peace - Overcoming Anxiety' on iTunes, it's free and it's really helpful.

sweetvi

Prayer Against Depression and Anxiety.

LORD, GOD, we thank-you for the opportunity to come together as a corporate body to pray for ourselves, our sisters, our families, our friends, and our children, who are suffering from anxiety and depression.

LORD, we recognize that we’ve sinned against YOU and YOU alone, and have done things that are not pleasing in YOUR sight, but we thank-you for The Blood of JESUS that washes away our sins, and allows us to come humbly to YOUR THRONE OF GRACE with our prayer requests. Let the words and prayers of our mouths line up with the desires of YOUR HEART, FATHER, for in all things, we pray that YOUR WILL be done.

LORD, in the name of JESUS, we take authority and dominion over the spirits of depression, anxiety, and suicide. We curse them to their very roots! We declare the works of the enemy null and void over the lives of our LHCF sisters, our families, our children, our friends, and ourselves! We bind the works of the enemy who seeks to destroy us and our loved ones through depression, and we loose healing over ourselves, our LHCF sisters, our children, family members, and our friends, in the name of JESUS.

FATHER, we lift up our sisters who are being plagued by the spirit of suicide. LORD, GOD, shut the mouth of the enemy that tells us we would be better off dead, that our families and friends would be better off with us not around because we cause too much trouble, that we’re not important, that we have no purpose, that no-one could ever love us, that no-one would miss us if we were gone, that YOU would never forgive us because of past sins. The devil is a LIAR! Silence him, FATHER. Send YOUR angels to minister to our sisters. Let them hear YOUR voice. Comfort and heal them, LORD, in the name of JESUS. Let them walk in victory and in deliverance, as only YOUR SPIRIT can give.

FATHER, we curse the spirit of low self-esteem and inadequacy. LORD, teach us, as your word says in Psalms 139:14, that we are FEARFULLY and WONDERFULLY made; MARVELOUS are YOUR WORKS, Oh GOD, and that our souls know it well! LORD, whatever negative words somebody spoke over us or to us that caused some of us to suffer with low self-esteem, we declare the power in those words DEAD, in the name of JESUS! Whether it was a parent, aunt, uncle, grandparent, sibling, boyfriend, or whoever said that thing, it is now powerless to control us any longer.

LORD, we ask you to heal us all of past hurts, all manner of abuse, be they psychological, physical, or sexual in nature, addictions of all kinds, and any actions of the past that brought us down. Help us not to live in the past, but to look forward with joy in our hearts, and with expectancy for YOUR GRACE, MERCY, and BLESSINGS in our lives.

LORD, GOD, we ask that you would free us from the spirits of ANGER, BITTERNESS, JEALOUSY, UNFORGIVENESS, VINDICTIVENESS, WITCHCRAFT, ENVY, REBELLION, and just plain old MEANESS. None of these things bring you Honor or Glory, nor do they do anything to uplift us and bring us happiness. They only cause us to be unhappy, to wallow in self-pity, to live and walk in darkness and in unfulfilled lives.

FATHER, some of us have things and situations in our lives that act as an open door and brings the demon of depression in to run amuck all over our lives. LORD, show us what it is, point it out to us, shine a spotlight on it, sharpen our spiritual vision, give your daughters clarity, and strengthen us to remove those things that are causing anxiety and depression to come into our lives.
-If it’s something we’re doing, make us uncomfortable any time we go to do it, speak to us and convict us, so that we may be delivered. FATHER, free us, in the name of JESUS!
-Move us out of these unhealthy, ungodly relationships! Move those people away from us. Give us the strength to turn our backs to these things, once and for all!
-FATHER, if it’s a generational curse, we ask that you remove it from us, in the MIGHTY name of JESUS! What manner of curse can stand before YOU and not be broken at the sound of YOUR name?

We rebuke the enemy who seeks to keep us bound and captive through sin, in JESUS’ name!

FATHER, we speak to these mountains and order them to be moved, by the power and might in the name of JESUS!

LORD, those who have been crying non-stop and don’t even understand why, dry their eyes, and send your spirit of comfort to console and heal them. Let our sisters and loved ones not be troubled over anything, but let them cast their cares at YOUR FEET, knowing that YOU have everything under control.

FATHER, those who haven’t had a decent night’s sleep in ages because of worry, in the name of JESUS, cause them to lay their heads on their pillows tonight and lose consciousness. Don’t let them wake up in the middle of the night, crying. Knock them out, LORD! Give them a peaceful, restful sleep that will rejuvenate their minds and bodies.

FATHER, give us the strength to WAIT ON YOU! LORD, help us to come to an understanding that we CAN’T do it for ourselves! We’ve tried, but failed. Teach us patience, LORD!

FATHER, YOU uphold all who fall and YOU raise those who are bowed down. YOU give freedom to the prisoners. YOU open the eyes of the blind. YOU heal the brokenhearted and bind up their wounds. YOU relieve the fatherless and the widows. YOU lift up the humble, but cast down the wicked.

Restore a JOY and a PEACE that only YOUR SPIRIT can give, to us, to our LHCF sisters, and to our loved ones; one that SURPASSES all our understanding, and goes beyond what we could ever hope or ask for.

FATHER, we thank-you for sound minds, for peace in our spirits and in our hearts, for healing our hurts. Help us to understand that we need to have a relationship with YOU, LORD. That YOUR desire is not to see our deaths, but that we have a closer walk with YOU every day, not just when we’re in trouble.

LORD, let us remember that in all things and for all things, we need to seek YOUR will.

FATHER, GOD, we thank-you that at the sound of the name of JESUS, situations and circumstances have to change, strong-holds are torn down, yolks are broken.

We praise YOU, OH LORD, for being our strong tower, for being mighty in battle! FATHER, with YOU for us, who can be against us? Hallelujah!

LORD,GOD, we thank-you for all that YOU’RE doing, for all YOU’RE going to do in the lives of our LHCF sisters, the lives of our loved ones, and our own lives. We thank-you for the MIRACLES that will come forth because we’ve asked it in JESUS’ name, and believe we receive them.

Let those who have turned away from YOU be brought back, and let those who have never known YOU, come to discover the AWESOME, MIGHTY, POWERFUL, MERCIFUL GOD THAT YOU ARE!

FATHER, we ask that our sisters who pray this prayer and all the other prayers and Psalms to be posted on this thread, believing YOU for their deliverance, be healed and delivered indeed. LORD, cause it to be that even those who don’t ever open this prayer thread, experience breakthroughs anyway, simply because this prayer and those to follow are posted on the forum.

LORD, let YOUR BLESSINGS and HEALING POWER spill out from this thread and onto the forum, and let it be done by YOUR HAND OF GLORY, FOR YOUR HONOR ONLY!

We promise to give YOU ALL THE GLORY AND PRAISE, for YOU ALONE ARE WORTHY!

In JESUS’ name we pray,

AMEN!
:rosebud:

Needed this so bad. Thank you. Had to bump again

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
So attacked this week with anxiety and depression...so attacked. But I'm standing. I will not allow defeat (eta: not suicidal,not clinical depression... had some difficult issues come up that would make anyone lose some sleep from sadness. They are since resolved, thank G-d. I'm still standing.).

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
So attacked this week with anxiety and depression...so attacked. But I'm standing. I will not allow defeat.

And you will not...be defeated. For God has made you more than a Conqueror through Jesus Christ, our precious Lord.

:bighug:

Lovie

I just read this for the first time today. So powerful, and perfect timing. The word of God is living, and never returns void. For each sister that has sown a seed in faith, a declaration of agreement in the promise of Christ, please know that the harvest is still being produced, 11 years later. Blessings and a release of favorable circumstance in every natural and supernatural realm for those who agree in the principles of Christ - for your faithfulness and the works that bring life to be manifestation of God's best and His glory in our lives.

Love & hugs.

Nice Lady

A Catholic Prayer Against Depression

O Christ Jesus,
when all is darkness
and we feel our weakness and helplessness,
give us the sense of Your presence,
Your love, and Your strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
in Your protecting love
and strengthening power,
so that nothing may frighten or worry us,
for, living close to You,
we shall see Your hand,
Your purpose, Your will through all things.

By Saint Ignatius of Loyola

Reactions: JOI

LadyBugsy

Ladies, a family member of mine has just committed suicide. I was very closer to her (a maternal figure) and we are all devastated. Please keep me and my family in your prayers.

If you know someone that is down, depressed, etc. reach out and hug them for me. I suffer from depression as well and I lucked up that this happened during a high functioning time of my life. I am so confused and conflicted so please pray for us.

Thank you ladies. Love, light and blessings to all!

Shimmie

Staff member
Ladies, a family member of mine has just committed suicide. I was very closer to her (a maternal figure) and we are all devastated. Please keep me and my family in your prayers.

If you know someone that is down, depressed, etc. reach out and hug them for me. I suffer from depression as well and I lucked up that this happened during a high functioning time of my life. I am so confused and conflicted so please pray for us.

Thank you ladies. Love, light and blessings to all!
Dear @LadyBugsy ... Praying for you and your family. I thank God for renewing your hope and strength, so much so, that you will always know the joy of the Lord and how much He is indeed your strength. God bless you, dear one. God bless you and keep you, always. ❤

Leigh

Can you acknowledge that you are blessed but still be unhappy/depressed? If I am depressed, does that mean that I don't really belive I am blessed? Is depression a side effect of a lack of faith?

Depression has many components. Ultimately the enemy has stolen your joy. Submit to God and you will have comfort. Have the mind of Christ. Philippians 2

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
I do pray that people are being blessed by this. Remember to pray these prayers daily. You are involved in spiritual warfare when battling depression, and it's going to take saying these prayers more than once to experience a breakthrough. Be diligent in seeking GOD for HIS healing. We're praying with you! :)

Psalm 143 is one of my favorite psalms. It is the cry of a soldier in combat, and is also a penitential prayer. This psalm addresses 4 things: "Hear me"(1-6), "Answer me"(7-9), "Teach me"(10), and "Revive me"(11-12).

God bless you, sisters! :rosebud:

Psalm 143 (New International Version)

A psalm of David.

1) O LORD , hear my prayer,
listen to my cry for mercy;

in your faithfulness and righteousness

come to my relief.

2) Do not bring your servant into judgment,

for no one living is righteous before you.

3) The enemy pursues me,

he crushes me to the ground;

he makes me dwell in darkness

like those long dead.

4) So my spirit grows faint within me;

my heart within me is dismayed.

5) I remember the days of long ago;

I meditate on all your works

and consider what your hands have done.

6) I spread out my hands to you;

my soul thirsts for you like a parched land.

7) Answer me quickly, O LORD ;

my spirit fails.

Do not hide your face from me

or I will be like those who go down to the pit.

8) Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,

for I have put my trust in you.

Show me the way I should go,

for to you I lift up my soul.

9) Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD ,

for I hide myself in you.

10) Teach me to do your will,

for you are my God;

may your good Spirit

lead me on level ground.

11) For your name's sake, O LORD , preserve my life;

in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.

12) In your unfailing love, silence my enemies;

destroy all my foes,

for I am your servant.

Amen
big thanks for this