Prayer Against Depression And Anxiety

Afrodeshia

I signed on to LHCF tonight looking for some tips on how to care for my hair, but I received so much more than a lesson in beauty. I believe that I was lead to this site, to this forum, to receive comfort and inspiration by the HOLY SPIRIT. What Pebbles had to say rings true for so many of us. And GOD has truly blessed her with the power of prayer. I thank GOD for guiding my footsteps and leading me to this prayer forum. This was not an accident. It was HIS way of telling me that I am not alone. None of us ever are. And when we make the decision to put HIM first, everything else will fall into place. Thank you Pebbles for your beautiful prayer and may GOD bless each and every one my LHCF sisters and their loved ones. :angel:

dymondgurl

Wanda said:
Hello ladies,

I want to thank all of you for your beautiful and strong prayers. Recently my appendix bursted and I had emergency surgery. I made it through the surgery successfully but I all of a sudden developed anxiety followed by panic attacks. I have been to the ER more than enough times complaining about headaches, chest pain, heart palpitations..etc....The x-ray, Cat scan, and EKG came out negative. The hospital discribed it as a tension headache. I don't know what's going on inside my head but I know that I need you ladies now more than ever. I do have prayer partners who come and visit me while I'm still off work and pray for me. I pray every night and I pray each time I feel the panic attack coming on. Will this ever go away? What can I do to ease the tension that I constantly feel? Thank you ladies for your help.

Wanda I had been dealing with anxiety attacks for the past 6 months too.
I had so many things that were coming at me one right after the other. I lost my job and I had recently moved into a townhouse then a week later my baby sister was killed in Iraq.On the day of her funeral I ended up in the ER because I literally felt like I was dying.Everything came back okay.The doctor told me I was having an anxiety attack. Get in your bible, quote the scriptures when you feel an attack coming on.Isaiah 53:4-5 By his stripes I am healed and keep saying that and praising God for the victory inspite of how you feel.GOD'S WORD WILL NOT RETURN TO HIM VOID. 2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear but of power, and of love ,and of a sound mind.Plead the BLOOD of Jesus against those spirits.Prayer and developing a close relationship with the Lord helps.If you need someone to talk to I am here.

thiccknlong

good2uuuu said:
You know, I opened this thread for the first time tonight. My demons are depression, anxiety and stress. Therefore, I just didn't feel like checking out the thread. I am so glad I finally did. I really needed what it has to offer. Thanks for starting this Pebbles.

Sista, speak against those problems. Open your mouth and speak against them in Jesus name.
Thanks to the prayer warriors for following God's direction for these prayer threads. This is a blessing. Thanks foremost to my Lord and savior, beautiful savior Jesus Christ, for making things happen. :) :D

deola

:grin: Hi everyone,
First of all I'd like to say a big thank you to Pebbles for posting this prayer through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Because you have given of yourself to be used of God like this you will never lack help when and where you need it in Jesus' name, amen!
I had a depressed period in my life last year when I did not pass an important exam I had taken twice already. The devil tried to play with my mind telling me it was becos I had just given birth to my beautiful daughter and I was stressed out. True I was somewhat stressed out but knowing the kind of academic background I'm coming from I disagreed. I'm the sort of person that works/studies really well under pressure.
I was physically pained when I did not pass the exam the 2nd time. I mean I was so sure that I was going to make it that time. And the funny thing, a friend who also took the exam for the 1st time felt she did not do well and was already preparing to take it again passed it! Oh I was mad at God! My husband tried to encourage me but how many of you ladies know that no one can really encourage you except you first talk and pray youself out of depression?
I moped around for all of about 2 days during which time I literally tuned out the voice of the Holy spirit. But God is patient and has promised to never leave us nor forsake us. He kept bringing scriptures to my mind and spirit till I finally gave in and surrendered. After asking forgiveness and letting the Holy Spirit soothe my spirit, He healed me and I picked up myself and I'm daily looking up to Him. I have since registered to take the exam again in Dec of '07. This is the last time I can do so according to the Board. I need everyone's prayers so I can be licensed to practice here in the States.
It is well.:)

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
This prayer is SUCH a HUGE blessing! Thank God I can turn to this prayer whenever I'm feeling down. God bless my LHCF sisters and all the other sisters and people in my life who need YOU. Thank you Jesus!

coconow2007

Thank you for your prayer - I will pass this on to my family and friends who continue to struggle with the spirit of depression.

thiccknlong

I didnt read it all, but just know , God healed me from depression ! When I tell you God will and can bless, I know. So ladies, keep praying! Pray without ceasing ! Jesus has something(s) he wants to teach you through your pain. You will not love him like you should unless you go through like he did. So, press your way, stay in the word, keep prayer and your lips and you can make it through!

thiccknlong

deola said:
:grin: Hi everyone,
First of all I'd like to say a big thank you to Pebbles for posting this prayer through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Because you have given of yourself to be used of God like this you will never lack help when and where you need it in Jesus' name, amen!
I had a depressed period in my life last year when I did not pass an important exam I had taken twice already. The devil tried to play with my mind telling me it was becos I had just given birth to my beautiful daughter and I was stressed out. True I was somewhat stressed out but knowing the kind of academic background I'm coming from I disagreed. I'm the sort of person that works/studies really well under pressure.
I was physically pained when I did not pass the exam the 2nd time. I mean I was so sure that I was going to make it that time. And the funny thing, a friend who also took the exam for the 1st time felt she did not do well and was already preparing to take it again passed it! Oh I was mad at God! My husband tried to encourage me but how many of you ladies know that no one can really encourage you except you first talk and pray youself out of depression?
I moped around for all of about 2 days during which time I literally tuned out the voice of the Holy spirit. But God is patient and has promised to never leave us nor forsake us. He kept bringing scriptures to my mind and spirit till I finally gave in and surrendered. After asking forgiveness and letting the Holy Spirit soothe my spirit, He healed me and I picked up myself and I'm daily looking up to Him. I have since registered to take the exam again in Dec of '07. This is the last time I can do so according to the Board. I need everyone's prayers so I can be licensed to practice here in the States.
It is well.:)

It is ! I wish you the best sista ! You'll make it, he just probably wanted to teach you something. Blessings !

klb120475

thicknlong said:
I didnt read it all, but just know , God healed me from depression ! When I tell you God will and can bless, I know. So ladies, keep praying! Pray without ceasing ! Jesus has something(s) he wants to teach you through your pain. You will not love him like you should unless you go through like he did. So, press your way, stay in the word, keep prayer and your lips and you can make it through!

Praise Him!!!!:)

Browndilocks

This prayer has helped me through so many times! I really need to be delivered from a situation right now :cry:. I'm going to have to repeat this daily.

The Savvy Sistah

Pebbles,

The anointing of God is all over that prayer.

I needed it so much! I have been so depressed and I've been trying to hide it from my family. When my grandmother fell two months ago and broke her neck and had to have brain sugery it was so hard on our family. But praise God she is improving. They sent her home on hospice but Jesus and my mother said No! And when the doctors came back to our home this week , they took her off hospice and up graded her condition. (praise God)

But my personal life has me so down. My finaces have dried up, I haven't had an assignment in months and I have been extremely lonely. I have been going back to my past and blaming myself for every little mistake. I know God wants to heal me and I have to learn to forgive myself.

I just need some peace! I'm running from calls from bill collectors and sometimes I feel like I'm having anxiety attacks.

I'm actually feel the peace of God as I write, He's so awesome. Sometimes He just wants you to tell Him how you feel. And inspite of everything I know God is able to remove this spirit of depression off my life for good.

I'll be writing back soon, I have a testimony in the making.

God Bless You!

Golong

I can't express how this thread held me from giving up.
I have been depressed for longer than I can remember, this past week new personal information has been brough to my attention was truely the straw that broke this sistas back. I woke up this moring needing church, but I couldn't manage to get myself out of bed- not out of laziness, but out of sheer mental and emotional exhaustion- I lied there for hours fighting back tears until that lump in my throat wanted to burst. I managed to go to 5pm service at church and I got on my knees begged God for help. I felt stronger after service. I got home and the same strong negative feeling came over me. I got on this board and this is the first thread I see. I do believe God hears me, I was directed here. I am doing my best to hold it together and saying that prayer really helped. Thank you.

shalom

Good morning ladies,

I just wanted to ask that you keep my sister in yours prayers. She seems to be going through a bad bought of depression. I've tried to find out what's wrong, but she won't tell me. I very scared:sad: she's walking around with this dark cloud over her.

Thank you.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

This is an awesome thread. There was a time that I was tempted to drive my car into the wall on the freeway. this was only about 6 months ago. I was dealing with EXTREME depression and various medical issues. I am here to tell you that JESUS delivered me from that situation and has blessed my overall situation. I wish I would have found this thread during that time. But never the less i will continue to pray the prayer I found here today. What a blessing.

Nice & Wavy

This is an awesome thread. There was a time that I was tempted to drive my car into the wall on the freeway. this was only about 6 months ago. I was dealing with EXTREME depression and various medical issues. I am here to tell you that JESUS delivered me from that situation and has blessed my overall situation. I wish I would have found this thread during that time. But never the less i will continue to pray the prayer I found here today. What a blessing.

Bre~Bre,

I miss you sister. If you want to talk...pm me.

Luv, N&W

Browndilocks

I will keep visiting this thread until I experience a breakthrough for real! God has really blessed me over the past few months. Blessings that I didn't even ask for and now I'm being attacked. Anxiety is trying to take over my mind but the devil is a LIAR!!!!! I WILL have the VICTORY!!

shalom

I will keep visiting this thread until I experience a breakthrough for real! God has really blessed me over the past few months. Blessings that I didn't even ask for and now I'm being attacked. Anxiety is trying to take over my mind but the devil is a LIAR!!!!! I WILL have the VICTORY!!

Yes.... he is. And the victory is yours. All morning long and even while I was asleep I just hearing this song I think Kirk Franklin and one of his choir sung it, but it goes like this "Holy spirit please fall down." I been praying all morning long that the anoiting of the Holy Spirit fall down and break every yoke of bondage.

Father God, humbly I pray before you and ask that you release the anoiting of your Holy Spirit to break every yoke of bondage to depression and anxiety for everyone in this thread that has requested deliverance. Lord Jesus, I ask that you walk through the thoughts of every person here and take control of their mind and thinking to bring clarity, clear understanding, strength and courage to overcome to confusion of Satan. I bind, tie and cast out from them the spirit of confusion over their lives and I ask heavenly father that this spirit be broken once and for all. In Jesus precious name I pray AMEN.

Believe Brown, just believe don't try to control this on your own, but let God take control.

Peace, Sweetness.

Last edited:

Tzarina

I need to add my testomy. At lot of things have been happening at work which has lead me to a nervous breakdown. Today I felt so depressed I couldn’t get out of bed to go to work, I just wanted to die but I believe Gods angel spoke to me. He told me to get up, wash myself and clean the kitchen. I did all this but was stilling feeling really down so I cut myself. I was then that the Spirit of the Lord came to me and told me to go to church.

I wasn’t sure if the church would be open but I have trust in the Lord and as soon as I left the house the sun came out. When I got to church the mass was just about to start and Sister I feel no sham in admitting I was moved to tears. I sat and sobbed my heart out and the people there were so kind they listen to me and prayed with me.

I went to my GP office and I was told that I was going to be assigned a councillor.

Jesus’ love is amazing it’s so complete and full you just need to bring your problems to him and he'll put the right people in your life.

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

Amen!!

Thank you for that mighty and powerful prayer!! I was drawn to this today and this is just what I needed!! Thank you for forming the words in my heart and soul so prefectly in prayer.

MissYocairis

BEAUTIFUL, PEBBLES! :yep:

Before the actual prayer, I wanted to say a few words to you all first.

This prayer thread addresses DEPRESSION ONLY. We will have threads for other prayer needs.

God wants us to pray for our sisters, and so this will be the first prayer. As we move through the weeks and months of this year, we will pray for many things:

-strong marriages
-new marriages for the single women of this forum
-our children,
-divine healing for the afflicted
-financial blessings and jobs
-etc.

But I first wanted to begin with Depression. Too many of us suffer from anxiety and depression, and once you get this thing under control, you’ll find that many other things naturally start to fall in place. The spirit of depression destroys lives. It brings on physical illness, anger, anxiety, low self-esteem, bitterness, anger, strife, addictions, and the list goes on and on… You name it, depression brings it, and God wants His daughters to have a relationship with HIM, and experience supernatural healing, the kind only HE can give.

I’ve posted a prayer that I prayed as I sat at my computer. This is the manner in which I pray for all things. I’m aware that there are many who would like to pray, but don’t know how, and don’t know the words to speak, so The Spirit of The Lord led me to post a prayer that you can pray with me for yourselves, our LHCF sisters, and our loved ones suffering from the spirit of depression and everything that comes with it.

It looks long, but only takes less than 10 minutes to say. I tried to keep it as brief as possible, but there’s a lot that needs to be addressed when it comes to this unclean spirit. If, like me, you have been plagued by depression for a long time, and for some to the point of suicide, as I was 11 years ago, I urge you to take some time each day to begin to heal and loosen the hold this demon has over you. As we pray with you, and you pray for yourself and your LHCF sisters, I promise you that THE LORD will begin to move in your life.

You may not have anyone to pray for you. I’m here, as are so many other prayer warriors on this forum. We want to see you set free from this spirit of heaviness, anxiety, and depression.

Through all your trials, please, know that GOD sees all things, and knows all things, and HE loves YOU!

Don’t sit alone in the dark thinking about how bad things are and crying over the past and what can’t be changed. If you’re going through a difficult and terrible time, turn off the radio and put on some Gospel music. Puffy and Mariah Carey and the rest should not be ministering to you at this time. They cannot help you. They can only depress you more. You need the Spirit of God to heal and strengthen you.

Get some tapes by Bishop T.D. Jakes for uplifting word.

Gather some Gospel cd’s and let them play in the background. Some of you need something to uplift you. Throw on some John P. Kee or Fred Hammond and clap your hands!

Did you know that the spirit of depression CANNOT dwell in a heart and mind that is praising the LORD in song and in dance? Try it! You have nothing to lose except your depression! :)

Let these songs chase away the spirit of depression in your atmosphere. Even when you’re out, let them play in the background on low volume. Loose the Spirit of the LORD in your atmosphere. Change will take place!

For those of you who want something contemporary to play, I HIGHLY recommend Fred Hammond’s cd entitled “Somethin’ Bout Love.” He outdid himself on that one. Just put it on and let it play. Play it in your room, in your cars to and from work, and in your house.
If you don’t have any Gospel cd’s, or don’t have the money to buy Fred Hammond’s cd, send me a pm, and I’ll make a copy of mine along with some other favorite Gospel songs and send it to you. It won’t cost you a dime. All you have to do is give me your name and address, and it’s on its way to you. I have hundreds of blank cd’s cluttering my home and office, to the point that my boys are using them as Frisbees. I will gladly send you some songs to praise the LORD with. You will be blessed!

Finally, to my sisters in Christ who are praying with me: Every single day I ask God to bless you for what you’re doing, and to cover you with The Blood of Jesus as you pray for others. I thank-you for praying with me, and may God work mighty miracles in your lives for your sacrifice and selflessness where your sisters are concerned.

Please, feel free to add your own prayers and scripture passages to this thread. I have some powerful Psalms I’ll be adding as well.

Be Blessed, in Jesus’ name,

Pebbles :Rose:

Duchesse

Thank you to all the ladies in this thread! I pray we will all be blessed.

Pebbles, that was wonderful and truly, truly, needed. I do feel lighter after praying/reading what you wrote. Jesus is real!

I've battled with depression and dark periods for years now. Even when I was a little kid I used to wonder what was wrong with me and why I wasn't as lighthearted and "free" as some of my friends. Depression is spiritual oppression and doesn't attack only adults. Now that I'm older, I thank God that I know that by having faith and truly believing, I can be set free, and don't have to sink into black moods.

This sounds crazy, but sometimes I am grateful that I've battled with depression. It has led me to look inward and to ultimately look for God.

Casarela

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU JESUS FOR BRINGING MY EYES TO THIS THREAD . DEFINETLY WHAT I NEEDED .

THANK YOU AGAIN! THANK YOU PEBBLES FOR SHARING THIS PRAYER.

Prayer Against Depression and Anxiety.

LORD, GOD, we thank-you for the opportunity to come together as a corporate body to pray for ourselves, our sisters, our families, our friends, and our children, who are suffering from anxiety and depression.

LORD, we recognize that we’ve sinned against YOU and YOU alone, and have done things that are not pleasing in YOUR sight, but we thank-you for The Blood of JESUS that washes away our sins, and allows us to come humbly to YOUR THRONE OF GRACE with our prayer requests. Let the words and prayers of our mouths line up with the desires of YOUR HEART, FATHER, for in all things, we pray that YOUR WILL be done.

LORD, in the name of JESUS, we take authority and dominion over the spirits of depression, anxiety, and suicide. We curse them to their very roots! We declare the works of the enemy null and void over the lives of our LHCF sisters, our families, our children, our friends, and ourselves! We bind the works of the enemy who seeks to destroy us and our loved ones through depression, and we loose healing over ourselves, our LHCF sisters, our children, family members, and our friends, in the name of JESUS.

FATHER, we lift up our sisters who are being plagued by the spirit of suicide. LORD, GOD, shut the mouth of the enemy that tells us we would be better off dead, that our families and friends would be better off with us not around because we cause too much trouble, that we’re not important, that we have no purpose, that no-one could ever love us, that no-one would miss us if we were gone, that YOU would never forgive us because of past sins. The devil is a LIAR! Silence him, FATHER. Send YOUR angels to minister to our sisters. Let them hear YOUR voice. Comfort and heal them, LORD, in the name of JESUS. Let them walk in victory and in deliverance, as only YOUR SPIRIT can give.

FATHER, we curse the spirit of low self-esteem and inadequacy. LORD, teach us, as your word says in Psalms 139:14, that we are FEARFULLY and WONDERFULLY made; MARVELOUS are YOUR WORKS, Oh GOD, and that our souls know it well! LORD, whatever negative words somebody spoke over us or to us that caused some of us to suffer with low self-esteem, we declare the power in those words DEAD, in the name of JESUS! Whether it was a parent, aunt, uncle, grandparent, sibling, boyfriend, or whoever said that thing, it is now powerless to control us any longer.

LORD, we ask you to heal us all of past hurts, all manner of abuse, be they psychological, physical, or sexual in nature, addictions of all kinds, and any actions of the past that brought us down. Help us not to live in the past, but to look forward with joy in our hearts, and with expectancy for YOUR GRACE, MERCY, and BLESSINGS in our lives.

LORD, GOD, we ask that you would free us from the spirits of ANGER, BITTERNESS, JEALOUSY, UNFORGIVENESS, VINDICTIVENESS, WITCHCRAFT, ENVY, REBELLION, and just plain old MEANESS. None of these things bring you Honor or Glory, nor do they do anything to uplift us and bring us happiness. They only cause us to be unhappy, to wallow in self-pity, to live and walk in darkness and in unfulfilled lives.

FATHER, some of us have things and situations in our lives that act as an open door and brings the demon of depression in to run amuck all over our lives. LORD, show us what it is, point it out to us, shine a spotlight on it, sharpen our spiritual vision, give your daughters clarity, and strengthen us to remove those things that are causing anxiety and depression to come into our lives.
-If it’s something we’re doing, make us uncomfortable any time we go to do it, speak to us and convict us, so that we may be delivered. FATHER, free us, in the name of JESUS!
-Move us out of these unhealthy, ungodly relationships! Move those people away from us. Give us the strength to turn our backs to these things, once and for all!
-FATHER, if it’s a generational curse, we ask that you remove it from us, in the MIGHTY name of JESUS! What manner of curse can stand before YOU and not be broken at the sound of YOUR name?

We rebuke the enemy who seeks to keep us bound and captive through sin, in JESUS’ name!

FATHER, we speak to these mountains and order them to be moved, by the power and might in the name of JESUS!

LORD, those who have been crying non-stop and don’t even understand why, dry their eyes, and send your spirit of comfort to console and heal them. Let our sisters and loved ones not be troubled over anything, but let them cast their cares at YOUR FEET, knowing that YOU have everything under control.

FATHER, those who haven’t had a decent night’s sleep in ages because of worry, in the name of JESUS, cause them to lay their heads on their pillows tonight and lose consciousness. Don’t let them wake up in the middle of the night, crying. Knock them out, LORD! Give them a peaceful, restful sleep that will rejuvenate their minds and bodies.

FATHER, give us the strength to WAIT ON YOU! LORD, help us to come to an understanding that we CAN’T do it for ourselves! We’ve tried, but failed. Teach us patience, LORD!

FATHER, YOU uphold all who fall and YOU raise those who are bowed down. YOU give freedom to the prisoners. YOU open the eyes of the blind. YOU heal the brokenhearted and bind up their wounds. YOU relieve the fatherless and the widows. YOU lift up the humble, but cast down the wicked.

Restore a JOY and a PEACE that only YOUR SPIRIT can give, to us, to our LHCF sisters, and to our loved ones; one that SURPASSES all our understanding, and goes beyond what we could ever hope or ask for.

FATHER, we thank-you for sound minds, for peace in our spirits and in our hearts, for healing our hurts. Help us to understand that we need to have a relationship with YOU, LORD. That YOUR desire is not to see our deaths, but that we have a closer walk with YOU every day, not just when we’re in trouble.

LORD, let us remember that in all things and for all things, we need to seek YOUR will.

FATHER, GOD, we thank-you that at the sound of the name of JESUS, situations and circumstances have to change, strong-holds are torn down, yolks are broken.

We praise YOU, OH LORD, for being our strong tower, for being mighty in battle! FATHER, with YOU for us, who can be against us? Hallelujah!

LORD,GOD, we thank-you for all that YOU’RE doing, for all YOU’RE going to do in the lives of our LHCF sisters, the lives of our loved ones, and our own lives. We thank-you for the MIRACLES that will come forth because we’ve asked it in JESUS’ name, and believe we receive them.

Let those who have turned away from YOU be brought back, and let those who have never known YOU, come to discover the AWESOME, MIGHTY, POWERFUL, MERCIFUL GOD THAT YOU ARE!

FATHER, we ask that our sisters who pray this prayer and all the other prayers and Psalms to be posted on this thread, believing YOU for their deliverance, be healed and delivered indeed. LORD, cause it to be that even those who don’t ever open this prayer thread, experience breakthroughs anyway, simply because this prayer and those to follow are posted on the forum.

LORD, let YOUR BLESSINGS and HEALING POWER spill out from this thread and onto the forum, and let it be done by YOUR HAND OF GLORY, FOR YOUR HONOR ONLY!

We promise to give YOU ALL THE GLORY AND PRAISE, for YOU ALONE ARE WORTHY!

In JESUS’ name we pray,

AMEN!
:rosebud: