Prayer And Fasting Storytime | Wow It Worked!

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Very good video and I loved your seven reasons. Putting the flesh under subjection from time to time is paramount to growth.

In the past, I had worried that fasting with prayer would become a manipulation tool. Yah corrected that by shutting off hunger cues for many hours. Ingoring that just set up another bout of appetite loss, so I took the hint. Now, when it happens to both DH (who barely believes) and I, we learned quick we had better pray together.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I remember my 2nd prayer and fasting. I didn't succeed during my first one. It was years ago, our Church was preparing for a revival (camp) meeting with a ten day fast of water only.

At first, I didn't think I could make it, but I was determined not to fail again. After the 2nd & 3rd day, the hunger was gone. I also did not want to fail, I wanted to experience a new level with the Lord.

Not only did I make the full ten days, I wanted to continue, but we were asked to break the fast slowly and eating lightly. It was very wise to stay on one accord with my Pastors and Church members as they had more experience with fasting and I indeed needed their wisdom. I'm so happy that I had this experience. I was glowing inside and out with the Love and Life of God.

To date, I have had many prayer and fastings and the beauty of the results are without price. It clears your mind, your prayers are more involved, your heart is lifted and more open to the Lord. Understanding comes, answers come, healing comes....Life comes.

To God be the Glory, forever and ever, Amen.

@sweet_silvia88 thank you so much for this message. Its a loving and lovely reminder to always be open to fast and pray.

God bless you, dearly. :love2:

sweet_silvia88

Very good video and I loved your seven reasons. Putting the flesh under subjection from time to time is paramount to growth.

In the past, I had worried that fasting with prayer would become a manipulation tool. Yah corrected that by shutting off hunger cues for many hours. Ingoring that just set up another bout of appetite loss, so I took the hint. Now, when it happens to both DH (who barely believes) and I, we learned quick we had better pray together.
Nice one dear! Sometimes the signs are there to help us out!!! Love your signature :)

sweet_silvia88

I remember my 2nd prayer and fasting. I didn't succeed during my first one. It was years ago, our Church was preparing for a revival (camp) meeting with a ten day fast of water only.

At first, I didn't think I could make it, but I was determined not to fail again. After the 2nd & 3rd day, the hunger was gone. I also did not want to fail, I wanted to experience a new level with the Lord.

Not only did I make the full ten days, I wanted to continue, but we were asked to break the fast slowly and eating lightly. It was very wise to stay on one accord with my Pastors and Church members as they had more experience with fasting and I indeed needed their wisdom. I'm so happy that I had this experience. I was glowing inside and out with the Love and Life of God.

To date, I have had many prayer and fastings and the beauty of the results are without price. It clears your mind, your prayers are more involved, your heart is lifted and more open to the Lord. Understanding comes, answers come, healing comes....Life comes.

To God be the Glory, forever and ever, Amen.

@sweet_silvia88 thank you so much for this message. Its a loving and lovely reminder to always be open to fast and pray.

God bless you, dearly. :love2:

Oh Amen!! Now that is a great experience and testimony! Sometimes we have to dought ourselves in order for God to prove us wrong and to take all the glory, right? :)

We bless the Lord daily!