Prayer for my boys

Natural Love

Hello all:

I am in need of as many prayers that I can get right now!

I have been caring for a young man (17 year old best friend of my youngest son who is 16) since November 16, 2009 after his mother put him out because of conflict between her son and her boyfriend.

Anyway, after I told them I wanted them to join me in church yesterday, I find out that he doesn't believe in God:nono:! That was a major, major shock to my system. My son, although he believes, but his mind is confused with all the other religions that are out there.

I talked to my son in depth about the power of God and the miracles He performs for us everyday including waking up in our right minds. I went on to tell him that if it weren't for the Grace of God that I wouldn't be able to do what I do on a daily basis and remain sane and that God kept me from killing him when he acted a fool and, perhaps, if He had God in his spirit and life then he wouldn't have acted a fool in the first place.

Even though we didn't go to church on a regular basis, we, in my family, are all believers including my oldest son (22years old). It was such a shock to me and I know that even though I can drag them to church every week only God can touch their spirit.

I would like for us to all come together in agreement to pray for not only these two boys but all children who are struggling to know are unaware, or just don't believe in God.

Thank you and may God bless you all!

GloriousPraise

Sis, I will agree with you in prayer that God will give you wisdom concerning your boys. They are at an age when there is a lot of exploring and questioning of beliefs and values.

One of the young men in our family recently decided that he also did not believe in God. We were a bit surprised. Our first thought was, we should pour some blessed oil on him and cast out that "done lost your mind" demon, and while we're at it, let's cast out that saggy pants demon too! j/k:lachen:. Instead, one of my older family members was wise enough to ask..Why? She asked in a very non-confrontational manner, and when he answered she didn't try to rebutt anything he said, just let him talk. Then she broke the gospel down to him real simple. And said in effect, "I respect what you're doing, thinking for yourself, you're a young man, and you should always do that. But if you're going to make a decision that is this important, make sure you have the facts. Now here are the facts about Christianity." He responded positively to what she had to say, and later decided that he did in fact believe in Christ. This approach may not work for everyone, but I do believe that God will give you wisdom in how to approach your boys and be effective in reaching out to them.

But know this sis, in a very real sense, every day your boys are reading the Word of God and hearing a sermon--through you. Your words and actions, and the love you show them every day by talking with them, providing for them, being there for them and serving God to the best of your ability is the greatest sermon they will ever hear in their lives.

plainj

I stand in prayer with you as well. I have a 15 y.o. who I did not raise in the faith. Since I got saved, he doesn't want to have anything to do with church, God, or anything related. He is a believer, just doesn't want to have anything to do with it. I try to show him Christ in my example. I also share with him when God has moved and shown Himself in our lives. Don't lose faith. Don't lose hope. God will come through for your son and for these boys who are struggling with their faith and belief. He is a faithful God. You just stay on course. Stay focused on Him.

Natural Love

Sis, I will agree with you in prayer that God will give you wisdom concerning your boys. They are at an age when there is a lot of exploring and questioning of beliefs and values.

One of the young men in our family recently decided that he also did not believe in God. We were a bit surprised. Our first thought was, we should pour some blessed oil on him and cast out that "done lost your mind" demon, and while we're at it, let's cast out that saggy pants demon too! j/k:lachen:. Instead, one of my older family members was wise enough to ask..Why? She asked in a very non-confrontational manner, and when he answered she didn't try to rebutt anything he said, just let him talk. Then she broke the gospel down to him real simple. And said in effect, "I respect what you're doing, thinking for yourself, you're a young man, and you should always do that. But if you're going to make a decision that is this important, make sure you have the facts. Now here are the facts about Christianity." He responded positively to what she had to say, and later decided that he did in fact believe in Christ. This approach may not work for everyone, but I do believe that God will give you wisdom in how to approach your boys and be effective in reaching out to them.

But know this sis, in a very real sense, every day your boys are reading the Word of God and hearing a sermon--through you. Your words and actions, and the love you show them every day by talking with them, providing for them, being there for them and serving God to the best of your ability is the greatest sermon they will ever hear in their lives.

Thank you so much for those kind words. I really appreciate it.