Prayer For Singles

NIK

Subject: Prayer For The Single

Father, sometimes being single can be so lonely, so painful. Seeing people in pairs, laughing and having fun, makes me feel even more alone and different.

Lord, please comfort me in these times. Help me to deal with my feelings and thoughts in an appropriate way. Help me to remember to work hard on myself, so that I will be whole and mature when You bring the right person into my life.

Help me to remember that this is a time of preparation for the day when I will be joined to another human being for life. Show me how to be responsible for myself and how to allow others to be responsible for themselves.

Teach me about boundaries - what they are and how to establish them instead of walls. Teach me about love, Your love, and how to speak the truth in love, as Jesus did.

Father, I don't want to be a hindrance to my future spouse, to You, or to myself. Help me to take a good look at myself, at my self-image. Lead me to people - teachers, preachers, counselors - and to things - books, tapes, seminars - anyone or anything You can use to teach me Your ways of being and doing right and being whole.

Teach me how to choose the mate You would have for me. Give me the wisdom I need to see clearly and not to be double-minded. Help me to recognize the qualities You would have me look in a mate.

Father, thank You for revealing to me that the choice of a mate is not to be based only on emotions and feelings, but that You have very definite guidelines in the Bible for me to use. I know that when I put these principles into practice, I will save myself a lot of pain and trouble.

Thank You that You are not trying to make things hard for me, but that You know me better than I know myself. You know my situation - You know the beginning from the end. You know the qualitites and attributes that are needed in another person that will make me happy in our shared life together and will make that person happy with me.

I pray that You will keep my foot from being caught in a hidden trap of danger. I cast the care of this decision on You, knowing that You will cause my thoughts to come in line with Your will so that my plans will be established and succeed.

In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

shalom

Nik - That was beautiful. I second that for myself and all my single sisters out there.

In Jesus AMEN.:)

pebbles

NIK said:
Subject: Prayer For The Single

Father, sometimes being single can be so lonely, so painful. Seeing people in pairs, laughing and having fun, makes me feel even more alone and different.

Lord, please comfort me in these times. Help me to deal with my feelings and thoughts in an appropriate way. Help me to remember to work hard on myself, so that I will be whole and mature when You bring the right person into my life.

Help me to remember that this is a time of preparation for the day when I will be joined to another human being for life. Show me how to be responsible for myself and how to allow others to be responsible for themselves.

Teach me about boundaries - what they are and how to establish them instead of walls. Teach me about love, Your love, and how to speak the truth in love, as Jesus did.

Father, I don't want to be a hindrance to my future spouse, to You, or to myself. Help me to take a good look at myself, at my self-image. Lead me to people - teachers, preachers, counselors - and to things - books, tapes, seminars - anyone or anything You can use to teach me Your ways of being and doing right and being whole.

Teach me how to choose the mate You would have for me. Give me the wisdom I need to see clearly and not to be double-minded. Help me to recognize the qualities You would have me look in a mate.

Father, thank You for revealing to me that the choice of a mate is not to be based only on emotions and feelings, but that You have very definite guidelines in the Bible for me to use. I know that when I put these principles into practice, I will save myself a lot of pain and trouble.

Thank You that You are not trying to make things hard for me, but that You know me better than I know myself. You know my situation - You know the beginning from the end. You know the qualitites and attributes that are needed in another person that will make me happy in our shared life together and will make that person happy with me.

I pray that You will keep my foot from being caught in a hidden trap of danger. I cast the care of this decision on You, knowing that You will cause my thoughts to come in line with Your will so that my plans will be established and succeed.

In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

AMEN!! Beautiful, NIK!! :)

NIK

This prayer was from a prayer book and really spoke to me. So, I thought I share it with all of you ladies so you may be blessed too. :)

MindTwister

In Jesus Name, Amen!

This prayer is something that I could have said myself and is very much needed in my life...
Thanks for sharing Nik :)