PRAYER REQUEST..FULL OF ANXIETY AFTER TEST

Ceelo

Hello all. Well to get to it, I just took a civil service exam Thursday to become a Firefighter. I want this so very badly! I have studied, but was so nervous on test day! It's driving me crazy because I have to wait 4-6 weeks in order to get the results! My fiances neighbor is chief of training and he says that he will definitely look out for me, but he said all I gotta do is pass that test. I have spent years and years working for temp agencies, inside of warehouses, fast-food restaurants, retail, and now I am cleaning houses. I'm so unhappy at my job. I'm having to work around others that I feel do not pull the same load as me and I'm tired of being bitter on the inside from it. I just pray that the Lord sees fit to bless me with this career so I can help others and fulfill my purpose which is to serve. I really hope you guys can give me some advice as to keeping calm and allowing God to work. It's jus so hard having to wait all these weeks. Any encouragement and prayer is greatly appreciated. Thanks u guys

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Hello all. Well to get to it, I just took a civil service exam Thursday to become a Firefighter. I want this so very badly! I have studied, but was so nervous on test day! It's driving me crazy because I have to wait 4-6 weeks in order to get the results! My fiances neighbor is chief of training and he says that he will definitely look out for me, but he said all I gotta do is pass that test.

I have spent years and years working for temp agencies, inside of warehouses, fast-food restaurants, retail, and now I am cleaning houses. I'm so unhappy at my job. I'm having to work around others that I feel do not pull the same load as me and I'm tired of being bitter on the inside from it. I just pray that the Lord sees fit to bless me with this career so I can help others and fulfill my purpose which is to serve.

I really hope you guys can give me some advice as to keeping calm and allowing God to work. It's jus so hard having to wait all these weeks. Any encouragement and prayer is greatly appreciated. Thanks u guys

Ceelo....

:bighug:

Fear not, for God is with you. His everlasting love surrounds you and keeps you and perfects all that concerns you. For you are under His care and deep within His heart.

So.... Precious Ceelo.... Fear not. For God's love shall never disappoint you and no good thing will He withhold from you, for you are His child indeed.

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.

Ceelo.... 'Fear not' :love2:

tolly

I pray you get a favorable result. Try to be less anxious and trust that our prayers will be answered. Please update this thread when you get your result [good news]

Ceelo

Thank you Tolly! I really appreciate it. I'm doing a bit better. I was getting myself so down and out that it made me not want to continue on working out and prep myself for this kind of career. I started telling myself "what's the point if I don't pass this test??" I can't sell myself that short! I have to trust in God and act as if things were! So with all that being said, I'm going to continue prepping myself for this! I thank you all for your continued prayers and support. I most definitely will be posting my results here. God bless you all!

4HisGlory

@Ceelo - I pray that all anxiety and angst are removed from your thoughts. That peace will overtake your thoughts.

Is anything to hard for the Lord? Gen 18:14

That you trust in the Lord, rejoicing that his will, will be done. Find confidence in knowing that he will take care of you.

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Matthew 6:25 - 34

May you be encouraged.

LiftedUp

Hi Ceelo, I sent out a prayer for you.

Philippians 4:19 (KJV)

19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Ceelo

THANK YOU SO MUCH Nappygirl and LiftedUp! Just meditating today and the verses have me feeling so so much better. I find myself wanting to think back on the questions on my test, but my spirit will not allow me to do so..

Ceelo

Thanks TraciChanel..I have to just trust him! I need to be in tune and focused on the things that he has already brought me through and done for me! I know he has not brought me this far fot no reason..waiting all these weeks for results will be good for me..I need to be patient and continue having faith through the "quiet moments". I know he is working behind the scenes. I'm going to start confessing daily...I AM A FIREFIGHTER! Thanks and many blessings to you guys..I love coming here seein your posts and words of encouragement.

Ceelo

Good morning ladies..im posting here this morning to let you all know about the confirmation I received from the Most High yesterday..
As you all know Im a cleaner. Yesterday was a long day and I was just so full of energy I just wanted to keep moving around. Well the last place to clean was a bankruptcy office we do twice a week. The first time we do it we only clean bathrooms and gather trash. The second time we do it we do trash, bathrooms, and vacuum. Well, yesterday was the first of the week so all we had to do was bathrooms and trash.
Here's a little tidbit about me...Im not very good with change..lol, here at this office I always do BATHROOMS and have been doing them for close to a year. It was something about yesterday that made me want to switch it up so I just went with it and decided to do TRASH.
I asked the girl that normally collects trash to help me so I could see which route she took to make it easier. I dont think she was too HAPPY about helping me bc it is a one person job, but she did so anyways. Mind you this is someone that got me this job and I have been having issues with her throughout me working with her.
So, we started gathering trash and instead of her sticking with me she went off and did her own thing. I peeped it out, but yesterday I told myself I need to start getting in touch with my SPIRIT and allowing it to lead me. Instead of reacting to my atmosphere and what those around me do, I HAVE TO ACT AS IF THINGS WERE. At the end of the day I cant expect for everyone to do right and to do right by me. There is no room for GROWTH in that. The only thing I can do is to make sure my reactions remain POSITIVE.
So, I recognized what she did and went on my own ROUTE. While im there by myself gathering trash ,of course alot of my thoughts throughout the day lead to me as a firefighter and imagining what I would be doing and how I would be doing it. I was just so deep in thought about firefighting while I was doing trash that ALL OF A SUDDEN.. one of the ladies in the cubicles hollered out " Hey you guys, did you know that Olive Garden burned down today?" I felt it in my SPIRIT that this was confirmation..I mean out of all the days of coming here I decide to do trash and go my OWN route! I feel if I had never stepped out of the box and did something out of the ordinary then I would have never heard that statement. All I could say was thank you GOD! All yesterday I was telling myself I need to start doing better and feeding my spirit. I have been clogged with so many negative thoughts and energy that it has been smothering my spirit. Its time for change.
I know its long and I pray that I didn't bore anyone with my testimony, but I had to post this because I know for a fact that the Most High saw me working towards CHANGE yesterday and thats all he needed! I pray EVERYONE has a BEAUTIFUL, SAFE, AND FRUITFUL DAY! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

Ceelo

Good morning ladies..just an update......I PASSED MY TEST!!:))) God is good and im so thankful..I feel tge burden if waiting for my results has been lifted! Thank u all for ur thoughts and prayers!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Good morning ladies..im posting here this morning to let you all know about the confirmation I received from the Most High yesterday..

As you all know Im a cleaner. Yesterday was a long day and I was just so full of energy I just wanted to keep moving around. Well the last place to clean was a bankruptcy office we do twice a week. The first time we do it we only clean bathrooms and gather trash. The second time we do it we do trash, bathrooms, and vacuum. Well, yesterday was the first of the week so all we had to do was bathrooms and trash.

Here's a little tidbit about me...Im not very good with change..lol, here at this office I always do BATHROOMS and have been doing them for close to a year. It was something about yesterday that made me want to switch it up so I just went with it and decided to do TRASH.

I asked the girl that normally collects trash to help me so I could see which route she took to make it easier. I dont think she was too HAPPY about helping me bc it is a one person job, but she did so anyways. Mind you this is someone that got me this job and I have been having issues with her throughout me working with her.

So, we started gathering trash and instead of her sticking with me she went off and did her own thing. I peeped it out, but yesterday I told myself I need to start getting in touch with my SPIRIT and allowing it to lead me. Instead of reacting to my atmosphere and what those around me do, I HAVE TO ACT AS IF THINGS WERE. At the end of the day I cant expect for everyone to do right and to do right by me. There is no room for GROWTH in that. The only thing I can do is to make sure my reactions remain POSITIVE.

So, I recognized what she did and went on my own ROUTE. While im there by myself gathering trash ,of course alot of my thoughts throughout the day lead to me as a firefighter and imagining what I would be doing and how I would be doing it. I was just so deep in thought about firefighting while I was doing trash that ALL OF A SUDDEN.. one of the ladies in the cubicles hollered out " Hey you guys, did you know that Olive Garden burned down today?"

I felt it in my SPIRIT that this was confirmation..I mean out of all the days of coming here I decide to do trash and go my OWN route! I feel if I had never stepped out of the box and did something out of the ordinary then I would have never heard that statement. All I could say was thank you GOD! All yesterday I was telling myself I need to start doing better and feeding my spirit. I have been clogged with so many negative thoughts and energy that it has been smothering my spirit. Its time for change.

I know its long and I pray that I didn't bore anyone with my testimony, but I had to post this because I know for a fact that the Most High saw me working towards CHANGE yesterday and thats all he needed!

I pray EVERYONE has a BEAUTIFUL, SAFE, AND FRUITFUL DAY! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

Ceelo :yay: Congratulations on passing your exam. You are amazing, truly you are. :yep:

Also your testimony above is very encouraging and I am very happy that you took the time to share it. It blessed me so much. All it takes is to 'change up' and follow / tune in with the Holy Spirit.

God bless you and please continue to shine and share your light with us.

:bighug:

TraciChanel

Good morning ladies..just an update......I PASSED MY TEST!!:))) God is good and im so thankful..I feel tge burden if waiting for my results has been lifted! Thank u all for ur thoughts and prayers!

Yay!!! :amen: Yes God is so GOOD. I'm so happy for you!!!

Ceelo

Thank you all soooo much!! Im really thankful for this forum..you ladies are TRULY WONDERFUL and very INSPIRATIONAL!!!

Ceelo

Hello again all! Just thought I would pop in as im still going thru my process to become a firefighter:) Well, I received a call a few days ago and I have to go in March 24th to take a physical agility test. I have been working out alot lately with my fiance to be prepared for the process because the test is no joke! I remain hopeful through it all and even the working out and the waiting patiently has been kind of tough, I can honestly say im enjoying the process..I thank the Most High for placing me here because he saw fit. I look back years ago how unsure I was of myself and how I felt as though I couldnt do anything. I had so many looking down on me as if I was nothing and couldnt accomplish what they could and for so so long I tried to be like others, but now here I am 26 years old and it has finally clicked not in just my mind, but in my spirit. There's no need to fathom what others have or to take a detour in life to mimic what others have because you feel lost or you dont know what your purpose may be because the thing about it is is that we ALL have a different purpose and when you stray towards someone else's purpose you do lose sight of it. Its all about patience and learning to listen to your spirit.
I had an experience today at work that just kind of hit me in a positive way because I know im not supposed to be there. As you all know Im a cleaner and everyday I work with 2 other women to clean commercial and residential property. Well one is the supervisor which is the owners niece. I received a text frm my supervisor this morning asking me would I be interested in cleaning a business by myself while her and the other worker go clean a house. Little bit of info, im not allowed to clean this particular house because im Black and of course the other 2 are white. The text really just threw my morning off so I replied yes I do mind, I do not want to clean an office building by myself especially when its a 3 person job sorry..She told me ok np. But when I get to work today they were both quiet and I received no help from either one of them like I normally do. Yes I was upset over it, but I said that tjis is crunch time. I have got to get away from this because first of all I dont feel comfortable working for someone who is ok with having racist clients especially when she has an array of clients to choose from. You guys this kind of had my spirits kinda low today because I felt out of place in a way I've never felt out of place before. I just ask whoever is reading foe some advice, thoughts, prayers or just whatever u feel in ur spirit to give. Im so frustrated. I jus want a new start, a new environment to be in so I can be of service to those in need. I know this is lengthy, but thank u all for allowing me to vent. God Bless

TraciChanel

Ceelo, this is just temporary. That firefighter job is yours. When you are in your new position, this will be a distant memory. Yes, I would be livid as well about that situation with the owner having racist clients. But, it's all good. You are "movin on up" :lol: They better take a picture!!! Because they will NOT be seeing you too much longer. For some reason, the song His Eye is on the Sparrow comes to my mind. ((HUGS))

Ceelo

Thank you TraciChanel!! Im telling you I was livid, but iys like I had to keep telling myself dont let this mess your day up..nothing but evilness. I have been claiming this job all day everyday! I love that song:)

Sosa

Ceelo
I know what it is like to work around racist yt people or those who condone it :nono:. Don't ignore it, see it for what it is (their problem :yep:)...at the same time, never internalize nor fester any feelings of inferiority as a result of racist attitudes directed towards you. Determine you won't let it affect your state of mind. Keeping your mind on Christ, His love for you and ALL that He has in store for you will keep you in PERFECT peace :yep:.

Congratulations on moving forward with your career!!! You are building a powerful testimony that will inspire many black girls one day....keep moving forward! Any negativity you meet along the way is just part of your phenomenal story :yep:.

Ceelo

Thank you so much for those words Sosa. They really came on time. I normally wake up in the middle of the night but this time I couldn't really go to sleep by this stuff was still on my mind, but this is so right.. I have got to keep my focus on the Most High. Thank u girl for the insight: )

Ceelo

Hey u guys..hope everyone is having a great morning. We'll in the next hour I will be taking my physical agility test for the fire department. So many emotions right now..lol I'm excited/nervous/happy with butterflies all in my stomach. I'm just ready to be there and get the feel of the scene. I have been working soo so hard and I know this test is no joke. If I pass then today will be the day I set a date for my interview. I'm just focusing on the Most High and how far he has brought me! It's truly amazing how I have come this far bc there was once a time I would not have even been trying to accomplish this bc I would jus tell my I wasn't worthy of it, but this time around..I AM! I thank you guys for all the prayers, advice, knowledge, and wisdom.

Ceelo

Well....I PASSED!! I'm so thankful.. they told me I did a really good job and everything! My next step is to turn all this other paperwork in and turn my fingerprints in so I can go on my interview. .

I am kinda anxious right now, because of the fact that this app is asking all about credit history and creditors and stuff and let's just say I def owe some people..SMH I jus am praying that it won't deter me from getting this job. I really hope I can get this fresh start. It's kinda getting in the way of me allowing myself to be happy about today bc I just don't want to be turned away from this opportunity bc of my credit standing...I found out I scored the highest on my exam and I just don't want these credit issues to be a factor...

Ceelo

Thank yall so much!! Now I just gotta get thru the interview hurdles and not let this credit thing get to me!

Ceelo

Hello all! Went and turned my fingerprints in today along with my background info..The lady in the office told me they will be calling me for my interview soon. I'm excited and anxious at the same time
I know the will be doing a background check and it takes time to come back

My credit isn't all too hot. A couple of days ago I pulled my credit report up and started paying some things off and started payment plans on others. I feel like an idiot for not doing this sooner, but I hope that it doesn't dull my chances for this career. I just got paid today and let's jus say my check is pretty much gone due to paying these debts off, but thank the Most High I have a job to be able to do this with!

I'm focusing on keeping myself uplifted and just completely not worrying about it, but allowing the Most High to take care of it. Knowing that I can't do anything else but trust in Him. I don't want to worry anymore. It drives me insane

I ask for anyone reading if u have ever just been patiently waiting what really helps you to refocus? Meditation? If you can jus offer some ideas I would greatly appreciate it. I come here to vent bc right now at this time alot of people do not know what I'm trying to do, and the people who do know I've told them not to tell anyone. Lol but I thank u guys for taking the time out for the responses. They really help me! God bless u all and continue to have a beautiful day!!

Ceelo

Good wonderful morning to u all!! The Most High is good and so wonderful at ALL TIMES..I just had to come and praise him for just who He is..He has brought me so far and continuing to take me further!! Yall have a blessed day.