Blackpearl1993

Take a look at this and just let it soak in ladies:

Receiving Bad News
TGIF Today God Is First Volume 2, by Os Hillman
09-18-2013
"Also our enemies said, 'Before they know it or see us, we will be right there among them and will kill them and put an end to the work'" (Neh 4:11).

I opened the letter from the attorney and began to read the contents. The more I read, the sicker my stomach felt. I could not believe the words I was reading. I literally felt sick with fear. Perhaps you've had a similar experience. Maybe you got news that you've got cancer. Or someone has had an accident. Or you are being sued.

Nehemiah was rebuilding the wall in Jerusalem. The going was tough. As if things were not tough enough, he got a letter from another corrupt government official threatening to kill anyone involved in rebuilding the wall.

"But when Sanballat, Tobiah, the Arabs, the Ammonites and the men of Ashdod heard that the repairs to Jerusalem's walls had gone ahead and that the gaps were being closed, they were very angry. They all plotted together to come and fight against Jerusalem and stir up trouble against it. But we prayed to our God and posted a guard day and night to meet this threat (Neh 4:7-9 emphasis mine).

There is but one response we should have to bad news. Pray to our God and take the necessary steps to defend ourselves against the threat. This was Nehemiah's response.

Once you begin to take these actions avoid projecting what might happen to you in the future. This is a sure-fire first step toward depression. Ask God's grace for one day at a time only.

"Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?" (Luke 12:24-26).

Turn your bad news over to the Lord. He specializes in turning crises into opportunities.

Blackpearl1993

God is the God of Success

"If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth" (Deut 28:1-2).

Our God is a God of success. You are created to be a success. Success is rooted in our relationship with God, not in our abilities. When our abilities are separated from our relationship with God, success is short-lived.

"All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the LORD your God: You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country. The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock - the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks. Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed. You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out. The LORD will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you. They will come at you from one direction but flee from you in seven. The LORD will send a blessing on your barns and on everything you put your hand to. The LORD your God will bless you in the land he is giving you" (Deut 28:2-8).

Sometimes God allows you to fail in order for you to succeed. Each of us must first experience our own death and resurrection from our old nature. This is for you to learn Who the source of true success is. You will be amazed how easy success will come when your life is in proper alignment with the purposes of God.

Today, reaffirm your commitment to follow His ways in all that you do. This will ensure God's purposes will be fulfilled in you.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Ladies, a dear friend of mine just shared that his brother is experiencing clear indications of serious mental illness and has left the state and changed numbers due to the illness distorting his perceptions and fears. He believes his family is his enemy. This is not the first episode, but he stopped taking his medication and they are going to have to figure out how to stabilize him and may have to get the law/law enforcement involved. Please also pray for strength and encouragement for my friend, who has already dealt for several years with serious family tribulations.

Please pray that he would not harm himself or anyone else, and that he would cooperate with his family as they try to help him come to grips with this. Thank you.

Last edited:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
nicola.kirwan

I came into this thread to ask for prayer, but then of course I saw your request. I have said a prayer for this young man that he would be whole and healthy through the healing power and authority of Jesus Christ. I have prayed that he will not harm himself or others. I prayed for peace between he and his family.

In the Name Above All Others,
Jesus Christ
Amen

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Ladies, a dear friend of mine just shared that his brother is experiencing clear indications of serious mental illness and has left the state and changed numbers due to the illness distorting his perceptions and fears. He believes his family is his enemy. This is not the first episode, but he stopped taking his medication and they are going to have to figure out how to stabilize him and may have to get the law/law enforcement involved. Please also pray for strength and encouragement for my friend, who has already dealt for several years with serious family tribulations.

Please pray that he would not harm himself or anyone else, and that he would cooperate with his family as they try to help him come to grips with this. Thank you.

Nicola, I am in total agreement with Supergirl's prayer for your friend's brother.

In Jesus' Name we bow our hearts and thank God for giving this family total peace and a sound mind. Father we understand that many of the medications have side effects which will cause a patient to not take the prescriptions. We also understand how many of the patients 'fight' to feel better and to feel normal.

Father God, we know too, that even though it is a chemical imbalance which causes many mental illnesses, yet satan has a hand in this as well. And we bind these principalities and spirits of darkness from these precious souls and in the Name of Jesus this man will have every cell and function of his spirit, mind and body will be whole and normal and he is set free from the hands of the enemy, free and healed and delivered and so shall he remain free under the power of the Name of Jesus...........Amen.

And again we pray :pray:

In Jesus' Name... Amen.

Shimmie

Staff member

Supergirl... whatever your prayer request... my heart is yielded, bowed unto the Lord in total agreement with you.

The Word is on it.... all ready.

In Jesus Name, We know it's true. There is nothing, that anyone can bring negative to you. :love3:

Pussinboots

Hi ladies, I am requesting that you pray for me. I am desperately reaching out to God, but I don't feel like my prayers are reaching Him. I am asking that you PLEASE stand in the gap for me. I believe in the power of prayer, please pray me. Thank you!

Shimmie

Staff member
Hi ladies, I am requesting that you pray for me. I am desperately reaching out to God, but I don't feel like my prayers are reaching Him. I am asking that you PLEASE stand in the gap for me. I believe in the power of prayer, please pray me. Thank you!

Dearest Pussinboots.... :kiss:

Your 'siggy' speaks volumes. :yep:

As with God, He hears your prays as if His ears were designed only for you. Truly, He is attending to your heart and deepest cries. The time is simply a test of your faith... will you continue to believe even when it seems God is not listening or answering.

Release your faith to believe no matter what. And you do believe and you will stay with God. Your love for Him is just that strong. And His love for you is far stronger.

Father we thank you for your precious daughter, whom you are in the midst of and will never leave nor forsake her. Thank you for showing her 'You' in her life and in her heart and that you are attending to her every cry and prayer. Let her know that you are there and there for her for always.

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.

:blowkiss:

Renewed1

I try not to complain and patiently wait on God, which I still am patiently waiting. But I made a declaration that I would not accept a certain job again. I hated it and I always went home in tears, because I hated it so much.

I am interviewing for the position I'm interested in (which is in Human Resources); but haven't been hired as of yet. I believe God is going to do it.

But I feel, there is no other alternative for me right now, but to do something I hate, so I can survive. Please pray for me.

Shimmie

Staff member
I try not to complain and patiently wait on God, which I still am patiently waiting. But I made a declaration that I would not accept a certain job again. I hated it and I always went home in tears, because I hated it so much.

I am interviewing for the position I'm interested in (which is in Human Resources); but haven't been hired as of yet. I believe God is going to do it.

But I feel, there is no other alternative for me right now, but to do something I hate, so I can survive. Please pray for me.

For you, Dear Love, there is an open door which no man can shut.

Father God, we thank you for placing your precious daughter, "Renewed1" in her destiny ordered of you where you have ordained peace and total blessings and provision for her...far above her desires and her prayers.

In Jesus' Name, we thank you with all of our hearts and our inward being... Amen.

Pussinboots

Dearest @Pussinboots.... :kiss:

Your 'siggy' speaks volumes. :yep:

As with God, He hears your prays as if His ears were designed only for you. Truly, He is attending to your heart and deepest cries. The time is simply a test of your faith... will you continue to believe even when it seems God is not listening or answering.

Release your faith to believe no matter what. And you do believe and you will stay with God. Your love for Him is just that strong. And His love for you is far stronger.

Father we thank you for your precious daughter, whom you are in the midst of and will never leave nor forsake her. Thank you for showing her 'You' in her life and in her heart and that you are attending to her every cry and prayer. Let her know that you are there and there for her for always.

In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen.

:blowkiss:

Thank you, Shimmie, I am so grateful for this board and ladies like you. Just knowing that you are praying with me and for me gives me a boost. I truly appreciate you. I am praying and hanging in there, it sure is hard sometimes to wait on the Lord but I know His timing and His plan for my life is best for me. Thank you again!!

JaneBond007

Sometimes, new seasons bring past memories of "why" and they are certainly difficult to navigate. Regrets flood the mind as what-if's, should-be's and why-not's become the stone for just a fleeting moment on the road forward. One chapter closes and another opens and we are just in the middle of it. For all those in moments of nostalgia that bring a sigh and a tear in the corner that refuses to fall, please remember them in prayer.

AtlantaJJ

Please lift my aunt Eunice up in prayer, she is undergoing radiation treatment for cancer in her leg.

Please lift my cousin Trisia's father, brother Presley, up in prayer, he is undergoing treatment for prostate cancer.

Thank you for your prayers!

Shimmie

Staff member
Please lift my aunt Eunice up in prayer, she is undergoing radiation treatment for cancer in her leg.

Please lift my cousin Trisia's father, brother Presley, up in prayer, he is undergoing treatment for prostate cancer.

Thank you for your prayers!

Father we thank you for our sister AtlantaJJ and for her precious family members who are undergoing treatments and surgeries for the 'word' cancer. And indeed, cancer is just that, only a word. We praise you that Jesus conquered this and all other diseases on the cross and they will live and see the full recovery and manifestation of your healing power fully active and exalted in their lives and in their bodies in Jesus' Name.

Thank you for covering and embracing them and soaking them in your total peace and loving assurance that you are there and shall always be with them to see them through and beyond this... in Jesus' Holy and Precious and Mighty Name, Amen and Amen.

For this and for so much more, we thank you Father God...with all of our hearts and souls. :love3: You are the Lord God of All in our hearts and lives forever more. Amen. :love3:

mrselle

I am asking for prayer. I need healing. I don't know if it is emotional, dealing with day to day life that is taking its toll on me or if there is a physical problem. The last three weeks have been very tough. Money spent on major repairs on our home, my kids and just life. I've had a headache for the past five days. I thought I was dehydrated, but now I'm not so sure. I need to be healthy to take care of my family. I love this time of year, but I feel like I can't enjoy it to the fullest because I don't feel like myself. I'm trying so hard, but every day for the past three weeks has been a battle.

Shimmie

Staff member
I am asking for prayer. I need healing. I don't know if it is emotional, dealing with day to day life that is taking its toll on me or if there is a physical problem. The last three weeks have been very tough. Money spent on major repairs on our home, my kids and just life. I've had a headache for the past five days. I thought I was dehydrated, but now I'm not so sure. I need to be healthy to take care of my family. I love this time of year, but I feel like I can't enjoy it to the fullest because I don't feel like myself. I'm trying so hard, but every day for the past three weeks has been a battle.

For You mrselle... :kiss:

And we have confidence in the Lord touching you .... (2 Thessalonians 3:4)

17 Lord, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:

18 To judge the fatherless and the oppressed, that the man of the earth may no more oppress.

(Psalm 10:17-18)

AtlantaJJ

Father we thank you for our sister AtlantaJJ and for her precious family members who are undergoing treatments and surgeries for the 'word' cancer. And indeed, cancer is just that, only a word. We praise you that Jesus conquered this and all other diseases on the cross and they will live and see the full recovery and manifestation of your healing power fully active and exalted in their lives and in their bodies in Jesus' Name.

Thank you for covering and embracing them and soaking them in your total peace and loving assurance that you are there and shall always be with them to see them through and beyond this... in Jesus' Holy and Precious and Mighty Name, Amen and Amen.

For this and for so much more, we thank you Father God...with all of our hearts and souls. :love3: You are the Lord God of All in our hearts and lives forever more. Amen. :love3:
Thank you Shimmie!! :bighug: :love3:

JaneBond007

Please pray fervently for all government workers, Head Start enrolled children, disabled Veterans, those who are furloughed, the unemployed, the poor, the homeless, incarcerated, for smaller business owners, the ill...Pray that there is a fair and just solution, comfort and peace.

There is no need to quote or respond, let's just remember those around us in these difficult times.

Shimmie

Staff member
Please pray fervently for all government workers, Head Start enrolled children, disabled Veterans, those who are furloughed, the unemployed, the poor, the homeless, incarcerated, for smaller business owners, the ill...Pray that there is a fair and just solution, comfort and peace.

Thank you for posting this. Although we've been in prayer, I didn't have a chance to post it here. I am so glad that you did.

Thanks again very much. :love2:

alundra

Addicted to jdramas
I have started school but haven't gotten my funding together yet. I feel like this is what I am supposed to do -- I can really feel it! Please pray for me to find out what I am supposed to do next and how I can get funding.

Shimmie

Staff member
I have started school but haven't gotten my funding together yet. I feel like this is what I am supposed to do -- I can really feel it! Please pray for me to find out what I am supposed to do next and how I can get funding.

Father we thank you for making all and total provision for alundra to have funding for her school as well as her other needs and heart's desires in Jesus' Name... Amen.

Far above and beyond she has asked you for and for also giving her insight, much wisdom and peace in her heart and soul and trusting you to be in total control, in Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen. We thank you Father with all of our heart and soul, Amen.

:bighug:

HeChangedMyName

Please send up a prayer. A sister is getting tired. One thing after another is hitting me and while I know God had this plan for me, I'm still faced with my reality right here and now.
I do have my life, health, strength, sanity, children, salvation and those may be all that's left by the time this storm its over.

Lost my marriage..lost my job...lost my internet....trying to save my home from foreclosure....might be having to hide my car.

I'm grateful that at least for the mean time I have a place to live and a car to get around. Those two are in jeopardy.

I'm looking for a miracle. I've been on interview after interview and nothing is coming. I've got no income and I'm awaiting an appeal hearing to try to get my unemployment.

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
My heart is heavy as I type this. I've placed my prayers here before in regards to my patient Elijah.
His mom is seriously considering giving him up to the state because she said he's to much for her. She hates her life because her upbringing her terrible relationship with her mother and her sisters, her job, no husband, no social life no support basically.
When she sent me the text this morning I could not stop crying I love this child like my own. God placed him in my life to give me unconditional love joy and peace. I could be having the worst day of my life but when I'm with him. It seems as though they don't exist. I couldn't imagine my life without him.
I used to work in a nursing home and I know how children like him are treated. He doesn't deserve that. He only cares about your love and attention and his food in that order. Lol.
Please pray for him and his mom.

Thank you in advance

I know that you ladies have prayed for my patient. well... i just wanted to update his mom gave him up today. I ask that if you can to please keep him in your prayers because he's not out of the woods. thank you in advance

Shimmie

Staff member
I know that you ladies have prayed for my patient. well... i just wanted to update his mom gave him up today. I ask that if you can to please keep him in your prayers because he's not out of the woods. thank you in advance

blqlady

:bighug:

Thank you for sharing Elijah with us. We are honoured to keep him in our prayers. We thank God right now for ordaining special care for this dear one and that he will only know love and protection, never cruelty nor rejection. We ask and thank God for assigning specific guardians over his care.

We also lift up his mother. That God captures her heart and turns her heart towards the love of her son and giving her the peace and forgiveness that she has been seeking. That she will know Jesus as her Saviour, her Life, her Provider for both her and her son. Never again will she feel nor be lost or lonely or fearful of caring for her child.

We thank God for healing all other children and adults who are in this same painful situation or one similar. That God sets them free. For whom the 'Son' sets free is free indeed... and forever.

In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
amen shimmie i also ask that you guys please keep me in your prayers because im having a very hard time dealing with this and that you ask God to order my steps because i feel like im in a state of limbo.

Shimmie

Staff member
amen shimmie i also ask that you guys please keep me in your prayers because im having a very hard time dealing with this and that you ask God to order my steps because i feel like im in a state of limbo.

Agreed :yep:

Also asking God to 'speak to your heart'...His total peace and reassurance that He is taking care of all of your cares, personally and for this precious child, Elijah.

LovelyLouboutin

Hi all,

Can you please prayer for my family and I. We are having a really hard time right now and need prayer that we will all be alright. I'm sorry I can't give details :-/

Also please pray for me. Next week at work, my work is being reviewed so I can be granted my next stage of power. I'm very scared. I don't want to make any mistakes.

Thank you!!