prayer

I keep having to fight thoughts of an old flame, turn friend. I really liked him. I believed it was mutual. We would talk for hours, real talk about life, our lives, falling short of being a christian, everything. Even when not so close we still made time to see one another every year. This year though we fell out because he made it clear he didn't want anything but sex. Either way, i cut him off, then he begged to come bk as a friend, only to turn around and cut me off. We both work here, not same building thought. I need prayer to stop thinking about him. I cant stop it seems like some times. I have had one sexual encounter with him when i was younger, at age 18. That was left in the past but i guess not really, that was almost 6 years ago. I need this broken off my life. He used to joke and say i loved him and when i started saying it bk he would just pick something else to talk about. I wonder if it was true? Either way some one pray for me

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I keep having to fight thoughts of an old flame, turn friend. I really liked him. I believed it was mutual. We would talk for hours, real talk about life, our lives, falling short of being a christian, everything. Even when not so close we still made time to see one another every year. This year though we fell out because he made it clear he didn't want anything but sex. Either way, i cut him off, then he begged to come bk as a friend, only to turn around and cut me off. We both work here, not same building thought. I need prayer to stop thinking about him. I cant stop it seems like some times. I have had one sexual encounter with him when i was younger, at age 18. That was left in the past but i guess not really, that was almost 6 years ago. I need this broken off my life. He used to joke and say i loved him and when i started saying it bk he would just pick something else to talk about. I wonder if it was true? Either way some one pray for me
Hi Angel... :kiss:

I know it's hard, but you have to think more about what's best for you. If he's not giving you the 'love' you desire, than it's time to move on and away from him.

Start being selfish...think about YOU and only YOU. Write down your dreams and desires in this life and what you want in a real relationship with a man and present it to the Lord and allow God to bring it to pass in your life. AND in the meantime, prepare. Prepare for the day when you will be with the one man who will cherish you as his 'ONE' woman and no other.

See this man wanted sex without making a committment or feeling that he was being 'made' to commit. But hold on to your virtue. For it is a rare gift these days and with the right man, it will be most cherished far more than you've been trying to achieve from this 'current' friend.

You don't need this man to validate you. You don't have to prove that you are good enough to be loved and treated in the way you feel you want to be treated by a man. All you have to do is be you and no one else. You don't have to prove anything to anyone. You price has already been paid by the Blood that Jesus shed and died for. No man is owed any dividends for your precious value...your precious worth.

Be selfish towards this man. Think more of you, then you do of him and move on. Your real husband is waiting in God's open arms. :bighug:

shalom

I prayed for you, but pray that the soul ties between you and him will be broken.

I hope you feel better.

Thank you both. I appreciate your prayers and advice. Yes eveything you said Shimmie and Shalom is right on point. I prayed that the strong hold would be, is, broken. I know that i am free from that foolishness. Thank you again!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Thank you both. I appreciate your prayers and advice. Yes eveything you said Shimmie and Shalom is right on point. I prayed that the strong hold would be, is, broken. I know that i am free from that foolishness. Thank you again!
Loving someone is NEVER foolishness. You have much to be proud of, very much indeed. So many men have lost out in the pureness of love and joy that life has for them.

How blessed and honored will be the man that God has ordained for you. For truly he will have a treasure that he will cherish forever in you.

You were never foolish, angel. Instead, your are a beautiful woman who knows how to love, even when a situation has become 'unloveable'. Yet you chose to love.

Be blessed, okay? :kiss:

Thanks shimmie, i felt foolish thought because i talked to a few friends, and some seen me go through this while it was happening and they could not relate. I couldn't explain why? I just knew that we had something, and he has expressed this. It has been a difficult situation, because i really valued him in my life for so long. Like the other day when i was leaving work, he of all people pulled up next to me. I said nothing, but was like why, why u? That has happen twice. So we are no longer associating, and that is fine. I really feel like i am free now Praise God~! I wonder thought was this truely a soul tie? I did not actually have sex with him, but rather foreplay sorry if that tmi, but i tried to say this to family member i a couple yrs ago and they told me that was not possible because we did not have intercourse. Ok i feel good, i feel uplifted and happy, and know that if it is mean't to work where we will be apart of one another life it will be and if not that is just fine. Thanks!

Last edited: