Praying for Our Loved Ones...Placing Them in the Arms of God...

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Many of us have loved ones who are in trouble and we do not know how or what to do to help them.

We know that prayer is our answer, yet we still feel the pain of watching them struggling through satan's web of confusion and entrapment.

I'm thinking about Queen Esther ...

Her people were in danger and all she could do was 'pray' for them. And the one thing she had was great 'favour' with the King. The King who told her twice, that anything she asked of him, she would give it to her...even up to half of his kingdom. This is 'GREAT' favour !!! Phenominal! Far more than he'd ever offered to anyone else, before her. The King promised Esther, up to half of his kingdom.

So, where am I going with this?

YOU... Each of YOU are in the same position as Queen Esther. You have not only access but you have a personal relationship with THE KING of Kings, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Our Lord God All Mighty.

And with that, you have Him as the Advocate with the Father and anything you ask of Him, He has promised to give to you, and this time not half of His Kingdom, but 'ALL'. The total Kingdom of God is ours to behold.

As Esther inteceded for her loved ones, her uncle Mordecai was among them and his life was in grave danger from Hamman who had set a trap for his life... a gallows to hang him.

Yet Esther, due to her prayers and due to the prayers during a fast that she called of those she loved, her people, the King's heart was set upon saving her people from Hamman's wrath and evil plan to take them out. [Note: I'm paraphrasing the events].

We each have loved ones who are in turmoil, in dire straits, in danger zones, in the company of the wrong people in their lives, their funds are exhausted, they may be ill, they may be abused in divers manners, or just plain lost in darkness.

However, we have great 'favour' with the King of Kings, our Jesus who will indeed hear our heartfelt prayers, our cries for their protection and rescue, our cries for their deliverance. God will bring them through and give unto them, His Kingdom, but in full; not half, but full.

In Jesus' Holy Name, Father our prayers of life and love come before you. Save our loved ones who are in trouble. Come to their rescue, come to their aid, provide them with all that they need and unto our prayers, thank you for taking heed; for unto you we call, for there is none other who can deliver such as you.

Father we praise you and honour you with all of our hearts. In Jesus' Name, Amen and Amen. :Rose:

:Rose: My Personal Testimony:

When my son was in trouble, I was so frightened and I remember one night through my tears God spoke to my heart...

"Stop crying; you are not the only mother who is going through this; but you have something that they do not have. You have my Word."

And He gave me this from Isaiah 27:3-6, sealing His promises to me about my son...

I THE LORD DO KEEP IT; I will water it every moment: lest any hurt it, I will keep it night and day.

Fury is not in me: who would set the briers and thorns against me in battle? I would go through them, I would burn them together.

Or let him take hold of my strength, that he may make peace with me; and he shall make peace with me.

He shall cause them that come of Jacob to take root: Israel shall blossom and bud, and fill the face of the world with fruit.

:Rose: :Rose: :Rose:

God saved my baby, just as He promised me that He would. God saved my son from the danger he was in.

God watched over His promises and over my son, every moment, both day and night; and He delivered him.

I gave my son over to God and my son did take hold of God's strength and my son did make peace with Him.

My son did take root in this earth and in the Destiny that God prepared for him and he has produced much fruit giving God all the glory.

Precious Angels, pray for your loved ones and never, ever give up on them nor on God. In all that they are going through, we feel so helpless, yet God is our Helper and our Conqueror and the enemy has been conquered and cannot set a trail for our loved ones to fail. For God has a better plan for them and it is with our prayers, our intercession, our love for them and for God that will bring them through.

In Jesus' Name... Again and Again. :amen:

I love you, Ladies. Our families and loved ones will make it. The sister, the mother, the brother, the nieces, the nephews, the HUSBANDS, our special friends.

They will make it. Yes they will. :Rose:

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Shimmie,

That really was beautiful to read...made my afternoon. [warning: long post]

It's also a timely reminder, because last night the same Word came via a televised broadcast by a local African minister (Overcomers Christian Fellowship). I had to call hubby into the room to listen, that Word was so powerful. So after reading your post today, I'm compelled to share what he said. This could be a blessing to someone else as it had blessed me:

This minister spoke on fighting to keep our inheritance. He used the story of David's sheep and the lion and bear in 1 Samuel, that if we don't put our foot down and stand up to the enemy, we lose ground every time. Had David not taught the lion a lesson the first time and he got away with a sheep, he'd come back for another sheep and another... that's how Satan works. We give him ground, he takes more ground. He spoke of his early years growing up in Africa, where the boys got in a circle and wrestled one another. Some who fell, cowered and bowed out. Others, including him, kept getting up and kept fighting. He didn't know then, as a child, that this lesson on resilience is what will help him later in life as an adult. This resilience is what we get through the Holy Spirit.

The minister went on to talk about trying to be God and fighting the battles of others. As an example, he said he had to minister to his own wife, who was going through w/ membership and wanted him to help. He had to tell her he couldn't fight her battles for her, because when we take on the battles of others, we enable them and they can't grow. So, his actions would've weakened her faith.

Still, we must constantly fight the flesh, the minister said. Once he'd wanted to help someone and the Holy Spirit told him "Don't you dare help them, I'm doing a work in them" So he didn't help them. He left it in God's hands. There are times we're in disobedience to God helping our loved ones when we're really screwing up or blocking God's work in them. It's a hard lesson to learn, especially when those loved ones are young and you see them going down a path you know. But it's more for our growth and for their benefit than anything else. My family really keeps me in prayer, so I do see the lesson in this all. When we obey the Spirit and decide not to help, it can be seen as being callous or non-caring to others; that is only part of what makes God's ways a mystery. Obedience is better than sacrifice.

I'd also heard Dr Earl Johnson talk on the same thing, that we can get caught up helping people that even God himself wouldn't help. He almost lost his life because he disobeyed the Holy Spirit and gave some murderers a ride. Can you imagine that .. :shocked: There are people God himself wouldn't help!

I had to digest that for a minute.. yeah, OK..

There are those who flat our reject God and even He cannot help them, because He knows the intent of every heart. The people Johnson was helping had the heart to kill him. God knew that and warned Johnson beforehand.

For others struggling in the faith, it's like with loving father, if a toddler falls while learning to walk, that child must learn to get up on their own. Lifting them up will delay the learning-to-walk process. God didn't speak to Abraham for a long time, because he didn't do what God asked him to do. It wasn't until Abraham finally obeyed, did do what God asked that God was able to speak to him again, to continue onto to the next step. So God is always ready to move..We're the ones who must move.

That local minister continued to say God can only work with us at our level of contentment. He loved beans and was content with beans, his church members would only bring him beans, because they knew he loved beans. It wasn't until he got sick and tired of beans and challenged himself that his eating habits changed. All of a sudden, the church folks started bringing him other foods and not beans.. lol
Each time I challenge myself, God meets me there...

So, I'm listening Lord. ... Thank you, Shimmie, for allowing God to use you in this way... whew..

I'm moving to Canada.. :lol:

Last edited:

WAVES4DAYS

Thanks ladies! I just shared both of your stories and testimonies with my mom. We were discussing something similar to this earlier and I came on and read this.

:blowkiss:

Thanks!

crlsweetie912

wow......Shimmie, I am in the same boat you were in right now with my oldest son. He is in such a bad place and fear has been reigning in my heart. God spared his life, but the spirit that's on him right now is not of God. I have tried to teach him by example, learning the word, praying, fasting, and right now it's so hard to see him hurting. It's almost like he's walking dead, no laughter, no joy, no smile...BUT GOD! My pastor JUST did a bible study on Esther last week! On the same topic. God keeps showing me that he HAS my baby. I have to build my faith day by day, hour by hour, and He keeps giving me confirmation that everything will be alright! Please I ask that you pray for my family's strength as we wait on the Lord. I KNOW I will have a testimony at the end of this and I pray sometime in the future that it will help someone as you have helped me. THANK YOU....:bighug:

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie,

That really was beautiful to read...made my afternoon. [warning: long post]

It's also a timely reminder, because last night the same Word came via a televised broadcast by a local African minister (Overcomers Christian Fellowship). I had to call hubby into the room to listen, that Word was so powerful. So after reading your post today, I'm compelled to share what he said. This could be a blessing to someone else as it had blessed me:

This minister spoke on fighting to keep our inheritance. He used the story of David's sheep and the lion and bear in 1 Samuel, that if we don't put our foot down and stand up to the enemy, we lose ground every time. Had David not taught the lion a lesson the first time and he got away with a sheep, he'd come back for another sheep and another... that's how Satan works. We give him ground, he takes more ground. He spoke of his early years growing up in Africa, where the boys got in a circle and wrestled one another. Some who fell, cowered and bowed out. Others, including him, kept getting up and kept fighting. He didn't know then, as a child, that this lesson on resilience is what will help him later in life as an adult. This resilience is what we get through the Holy Spirit.

The minister went on to talk about trying to be God and fighting the battles of others. As an example, he said he had to minister to his own wife, who was going through w/ membership and wanted him to help. He had to tell her he couldn't fight her battles for her, because when we take on the battles of others, we enable them and they can't grow. So, his actions would've weakened her faith.

Still, we must constantly fight the flesh, the minister said. Once he'd wanted to help someone and the Holy Spirit told him "Don't you dare help them, I'm doing a work in them" So he didn't help them. He left it in God's hands. There are times we're in disobedience to God helping our loved ones when we're really screwing up or blocking God's work in them. It's a hard lesson to learn, especially when those loved ones are young and you see them going down a path you know. But it's more for our growth and for their benefit than anything else. My family really keeps me in prayer, so I do see the lesson in this all. When we obey the Spirit and decide not to help, it can be seen as being callous or non-caring to others; that is only part of what makes God's ways a mystery. Obedience is better than sacrifice.

I'd also heard Dr Earl Johnson talk on the same thing, that we can get caught up helping people that even God himself wouldn't help. He almost lost his life because he disobeyed the Holy Spirit and gave some murderers a ride. Can you imagine that .. :shocked: There are people God himself wouldn't help!

I had to digest that for a minute.. yeah, OK..

There are those who flat our reject God and even He cannot help them, because He knows the intent of every heart. The people Johnson was helping had the heart to kill him. God knew that and warned Johnson beforehand.

For others struggling in the faith, it's like with loving father, if a toddler falls while learning to walk, that child must learn to get up on their own. Lifting them up will delay the learning-to-walk process. God didn't speak to Abraham for a long time, because he didn't do what God asked him to do. It wasn't until Abraham finally obeyed, did do what God asked that God was able to speak to him again, to continue onto to the next step. So God is always ready to move..We're the ones who must move.

That local minister continued to say God can only work with us at our level of contentment. He loved beans and was content with beans, his church members would only bring him beans, because they knew he loved beans. It wasn't until he got sick and tired of beans and challenged himself that his eating habits changed. All of a sudden, the church folks started bringing him other foods and not beans.. lol
Each time I challenge myself, God meets me there...

So, I'm listening Lord. ... Thank you, Shimmie, for allowing God to use you in this way... whew..

I'm moving to Canada.. :lol:

Laela, this is such a powerful message. I cannot begin to understand how God moves through each of us to be on one accord with each other and with Him. But He does.

There is so much that I want to reach out and do for my youngest sister; but I have to allow God to do what He wants to do. I have to trust Him as I trusted Him with my son or she will never know God's saving power for herself.

Laela, whatever you do... please don't move to Canada; I'll miss you :cry:....

For you and hubbie... :bighug:

Shimmie

Staff member
wow......Shimmie, I am in the same boat you were in right now with my oldest son. He is in such a bad place and fear has been reigning in my heart. God spared his life, but the spirit that's on him right now is not of God. I have tried to teach him by example, learning the word, praying, fasting, and right now it's so hard to see him hurting. It's almost like he's walking dead, no laughter, no joy, no smile...BUT GOD! My pastor JUST did a bible study on Esther last week!

On the same topic. God keeps showing me that he HAS my baby. I have to build my faith day by day, hour by hour, and He keeps giving me confirmation that everything will be alright! Please I ask that you pray for my family's strength as we wait on the Lord. I KNOW I will have a testimony at the end of this and I pray sometime in the future that it will help someone as you have helped me. THANK YOU....:bighug:

Sweetie... God indeed DOES have your son. I can so identify with your post and I'm crying right now remembering how I felt during that time with my son. But I cry even more from the joy in my heart of how God kept His promises to save Him.

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh, God is so faithful.

Crlsweetie.... God would wake me in the middle of the morning and just prompt me to pray for my son. and I would; not from fear but from the gentle prompting of the Holy Spirit to pray for my son.

One day after praying like this, my daughter called and shared with me that the night before, my son had been in a fight and it was at the very moment that I had been praying for him the night before. God protected my son from further danger. God SAVED MY SON! Yeah, he was 'out there' messing up and with the wrong people, doing things he had no business doing or hanging around. And yet God still saw fit to save and to protect him and God did this for me, his mother who loved him and didn't want to lose him.

Crlsweetie... don't let anything stop you from believing God. Maybe this is why I'm so fiesty in so many of these threads about certain issues, because I KNOW first hand how God's Word is exactly what it says and does what it says it will do, because I had to live it and grow to know it for myself. When folks say otherwise, it's too late, because I know better and I know the truth. So you stay in faith and don't let what you see and hear deter you from trusting God with your son. For as God promised me, so has He promised you and everyone else...

I the Lord do keep it; I water it day and night, least any hurt it. --- Let him make peace with me and he SHALL make peace with me.... [paraphased from Isaiah 27]

Crlsweetie, I am so full of tears right now... tears of knowing God's faithfulness. I had to let my baby [my son] go and let God have him. I had to let go and it was sooooooooooo so, hard :cry: I wanted to hold on to my baby. And yeah he was big and grown, towers over me in height and muscles as big as his head, but he was and is, still my baby :love2: and I wanted to protect him.

But God wouldn't let me; God made me let him go and I had to trust God to keep him as He promised me. 'Crlsweetie' I had to trust God with my baby.

And God came through...Oh how He came through and now my son is living for God with all of his heart and soul.

Praise Jesus! :meme: Please do not give up! Please trust God to keep His Word. satan is a liar !!! Don't listen to the fear that he tries to place in your heart; :nono: ignore satan's lies. :ignore:

God says that whatever we entrust to Him that He will keep it until the day of Jesus Christ.

Praise God :cry: :cry: :cry: I can't stop praising Him :notworthy:

Sorry for such a long post... but God is so faithful. :cry: He did not fail me and He will not fail you. :cry:

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Sometimes it's impossible to articulate..yes. The Holy Spirit indeed transcends time and space... :yep:

:bighug:
Laela, this is such a powerful message. I cannot begin to understand how God moves through each of us to be on one accord with each other and with Him. But He does.