Pre braid wash/regimen

krayzkool

Hi all!

I'm getting braids Saturday. I just got a trim this past Saturday with a deep mosturizing conditioner (don't know what she used this time - she alternates between Silk 2 and Nioxin).

What should I do? She says I should not do a protein(she usually does them after perms, but that's been 2 months). I have Nexxus products for home use - Humetress conditioner, the leave in (can't remember the name off hand), Therappe (have Botanoil, but can't stand the smell and it dries my hair out),and Keraphix protein. I know to clarify - I have Creme of Nature for that. So 1 question is protein or moisturizing?

So what should I do?

ArizonaBeauty

I just got some cornrolls myself, the day before I used pantene clarifying shampoo because when I have my braids up I constantly oil & spray my scalp so I got rid of all the build up that was currently there. Then I sat under the dryer with humctress on for about 20 mins..but some jojoba oil on my ends and let air dry.

The other ladies here can probably give your more advice..im still new and learning myself.

ArizonaBeauty

krayzkool said:
ArizonaBeauty,

Thanks!!! I wish I had your length!!! U must be doing something right!!!

Well its not that long anymore..it all broke off from me coloring it. I had to cut off the dead ends and start over..its been a few months and its back to almost touching my shoulder blades. But you're welcome.

baglady215

ArizonaBeauty said:
Well its not that long anymore..it all broke off from me coloring it. I had to cut off the dead ends and start over..its been a few months and its back to almost touching my shoulder blades. But you're welcome.

I see you are new! Welcome! :wave: