PRE-POO and alot more questions......

ClassyDiva

Ok. So I've been seeing alot of ppl doing pre-poos.... WTF is that? [excuse my french]. Being that I am still a newbie at this. I would like to know all about it. Being 3 months with no relaxer... im trying to maximize my chances of growth. So far my semi-regimen is as follows:
ACV with either EVOO or EVCO every other week.
Weekly:
Wash and condition with Suave or KeraCare products.
Apply Biolage leave-in tonic and KeraCare leave-in for extensions.
Dry with blowdryer on high medium heat.
Add either mink oil or sufler 8 [light formula]
Flat iron on lowest heat. Wrap with silk scarf nightly.

Im trying to see when in the best time to do a pre-poo.
Tried a reconstruction from ApHogee.... NEVER AGAIN. That next week of was my hair was like solid.... hard to do anything with. Im not sure what my hair type is... trying to figure that out. If u can help it would be great. I atleaset found what my staples are but tweaking is no problem when I can get somewhere good.
I have pics of my hair below.... hope you all can see them.

Sent from my DROID2 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Coffee

A pre-poo is when you put either condish or oil in your hair before you are going to shampoo or co-wash your hair. I pre poo with a variety of oils, neem, coconut, a special hair blend, and black seed oil. Since I don't work outside of the home, I usually put it on first thing in the am, then put a plastic cap on and leave it in all day.

Did you do a deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner after you used the Aphogee Reconstructor? If not, that was the cause of your hair being hard and dry.

ClassyDiva

A pre-poo is when you put either condish or oil in your hair before you are going to shampoo or co-wash your hair. I pre poo with a variety of oils, neem, coconut, a special hair blend, and black seed oil. Since I don't work outside of the home, I usually put it on first thing in the am, then put a plastic cap on and leave it in all day.

Did you do a deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner after you used the Aphogee Reconstructor? If not, that was the cause of your hair being hard and dry.

That's exactly why. I was using pantene curly conditioner.... I try to deep condition as much as I can. Like as of right now im weaving it up. When I take this out... I get a deep condition when I go to the Dominican shop... that's once a month. Im now going this month because im going to try my hand at a braid out (airdry style). When I do a DC, I think im going to do a diffent type or make my own.

Sent from my DROID2 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Lady Esquire

Coffee gave you a good definition of a prepoo. I do it with a variety of things but my main go to is warm EVOO. I like to sit under a heating cap or leave it overnight. Sometimes, when I wake up, I reapply a little more warm oil.

I find that my hair behaves much better with a prepoo because it acts as a protectant against harsh detergents in shampoos. It helps especially when my hair is going through a dry spell.

If you ever use Aphogee reconstructor again, you must follow it with a balancing moisturizing deep conditioner. I see you're stretching your relaxer, so the protein is a must, especially around the demarcation line. The protein will keep those two textures strong. But the moisture DC will keep the hair hydrated. Can't have one without the other, especially during stretching.

Remember to always keep that protein and moisture balance no matter what products you're using.