Pre Poo and Co Wash

brebre928

Hey ladies,

I know there is thread out there somewhere that explains what exactly pre poo and Co wash are. I'm still relatively a newbie so I don't know much about this. Can someone please send me the link to the threads explaining what it is. I'd appreciate it sooooo much. Thank you :)

I know this may be a silly question to ask, but can I do this on relaxed hair?

blessedandlucky

welcome!

i'm relatively new too but from what i've gathered - co-washes refer to washing your hair with conditioner only. pre-poos are anything that you do before you shampoo. some people, myself included pre-poo with some type of oil. i use sweet almond oil but extra virgin olive oil seems to be very popular. hope this helps. if you search the board, you'll find tons of info about both terms.

good luck on your hair journey:)

TrendySocialite

If you advance search on pre-poo using the title only you will find quite a bit of info. Also check the newbie thread (it's a sticky) they should have some info in there as well. But in a nutshell...

Pre-poo helps prevent the hair being stripped of natural oils and strength from chemicals in shampoos. I did this when I first joined LHCF and it was one thing that helped me see a pretty quick difference in my hair.

Co-washing is using a conditioner to wash your hair. I think it's supposed to help add moisture to hair while gently cleansing it. I started doing that recently and I sorta like it. It's different, but it's good. I definitely like the fact that my hair smells clean more often.

My advice is to try one thing for 6 weeks to see how it works for you. Then try the other and see if you need one or the other or both.