PRE POO CHALLENGE!

Sui Topi

I joined! I did a prepoo last night with some coconut oil...But just a question, I was expecting it to reek of coconut like some I had used before had, but it was pretty odorless. Does this mean that it's no good? Anyway, I prepooed and then did a conditioner wash this morning with Nature's gate pomegranate and sunflower oil conditioner. This is the first time I used both products so I don't know who it was but my hair felt like butter while rinsing. I was singing Tribe Called Quest-Butter all morning...Even right now, I did my usual leave in conditioner, apply growth oil, seal with shealoe and my hair is sooo soft now that it's dry. My hair was fine before, but now that I feel this, its on a whole nother level. I'm going to be on this challenge for the rest of my life. Even if it being odorless is bad, it did good by me.

:meme:

DaRealist

I find that my coconut oil is pretty odorless too. :yep: And I just got the Nutiva brand and I can't really smell that one either, so you should be good.
I plan to do my pre-poo this weekend.

DaRealist

ok, I pre-pooed overnight with coconut oil on my hair.This morning I put vatika oil on my hair and sat under the dryer for 20 mins

I'm in!! I've been reading up on hair care in Japan and India. In both countries they use either coconut oil and/or coconut milk in their regimen. I'll use coconut oil that I get from GNC. And I will use it as a pre poo and for daily massages.

anon123

Coconut oil!
This is a spin off to THIS thread.

Rules

1. Use it before EVERY shampoo wash. You may use it for co washes.

you know what..bump pre poo, use it EVERYDAY when ever you see fit during that day.

Aww man, I was about to join, too. This is my current routine, anyway. Well, that's kind of a lie. I mix mayo with conditioner and coconut oil and put it on before washing and detangle my hair with this mix. I use it for detangling purposes, but since I apply it before shampooing, I guess it does count as a pre-poo. Especially since it takes me 10-15 minutes to apply the mix and 40-50 minutes to detangle, it gets to stay on for quite a while. I often put some coconut oil on after I wash, too, or a product that contains it. But I definitely don't apply coconut oil (or anything) to my hair every day. That's too much stuff for me!

joyandfaith

How much coconut oil should I use? Should I focus on my scalp, ends or bring it down the entire length of the hair?

DaRealist

How's it going ladies?
I just do this once a week when I shampoo, but my hair feels great.
I just apply it to my hair and make two plaits and put on my bonnet the night before shampoo day
My hair is really soft afterwards

C

cieramichele

How's it going ladies?
I just do this once a week when I shampoo, but my hair feels great.
I just apply it to my hair and make two plaits and put on my bonnet the night before shampoo day
My hair is really soft afterwards

loving it!

more results ladies?

labareda

This challenge is just for me. I've been using for months with coconut, jojoba, sweet almonds, castor oils and it really has done great job for my hair. I'm CW, but I have no major problems to wash oils out. Just castor oil I use strictly pre-pooing.

Nefertiti0906

Count me in on this challenge.

I plan on massaging my scalp (and hair) with coconut oil before every shampoo, which will be once a week.

ETA: I'll be washing twice a week now. I left in the coconut oil (Nutiva brand) overnight and washed with shampoo in the morning. My hair wasn't as frizzy as it usually is after I shampoo, so I it must be doing something :)

Last edited: