Pre poo, DC..what's the difference?

Geminigirl

I mean really? When I put condtioner and oil on my hair before a wash isn't that the same as dry DC?

The reason I ask is because I am about to do my hair and I haven't DC in a few days. So if I put some DC on my hair and then do the warm towel and shower cap thing then is that considered a DC or a pre poo? What if I add oils to the DC? I am probably just being lazy.

back2relaxed

It can be the same if you are using your protein dc or moisturizing dc products that you normally use...then you can wash and style accordingly!!

MummysGirl

I DC on Dry hair sometimes - apply a deep conditioner for at least 30 minutes. When I do this, I don't call it prepooing. That's DC'ing :)

You can prepoo with oils for e.g., and that's not DC'ing.

I love mixing my DCs with oils :)

Last edited:

unalteredone

I guess it's only prepooing if you do it with the intention of protecting your hair from the harsh detergents in shampoos and then conditioning your hari after that.

I suppose that generally people use cheaper/non penetrating conditioners or oils in order to prepoo, while they use deeper penetrating conditioners for DCing.

Geminigirl

see i like to DC with oils. Especially since reading the Cathy howse book. I like to use stimulating oils. I don't use them anymore but I should start back up.