Pre-poo recipe I want to share

Christelyn

Hi all, it's hard to get in here as much as I used to with the new baby, but I just had to share this pre-poo recipe my daughter found in a beauty book of mine. It's meant to be a conditioner but after first using it on my daughter, I found it left the hair too oily--so it works best as a pre-poo in my opinion. I tried it last week overnight and it worked WONDERFULLY. Plus, I had all the ingredients in my kitchen cabinet.

2 egg yolks
2tbs coconut milk
2 tbs honey
2 tbs olive oil
1 tsp coconut oil
2 tbs sesame oil
1 tbs avacado oil

Mix all ingredients in a food processor and pour into a bottle. You won't need all of it and I suppose it could sit for a few days in the fridge. Almost a week later and my hair is STILL loving me for this.

Anyone else have any recipes to share?

*Muffin*

Sounds absolutely divine. Very rich and moisturizing, with some high quality oils! Coconut and avocado oil are my personal favs. Never tried sesame oil, though. I love coconut milk! Leaves my hair really soft :yep:.

SherylsTresses

I just love my dandruff/shedding recipe:

1 cup moisturizing conditioner (thick)
4 tsp 100% garlic powder
1 tbsp EVOO
1 tbsp tea tree oil
1 tbsp peppermint oil

Blend very well and sleep in overnight. :lick:

Last edited:

CaliDiamond

Check, check, and check! I will be trying your recipie after Thanksgiving and see how that works.

Scalp Treatment
(Good for Growth):

1/4 cup of aloe vera gel
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp of Amla powder
1 tsp Brahmi powder
5-10 drops rosemary oil

Mix ingredients thoroughly and apply to scalp as a pre-shampoo treatment. Massage scalp for ten minutes. Leave in 20 min (plastic cap optional)then wash hair as normal.

Christelyn

Check, check, and check! I will be trying your recipie after Thanksgiving and see how that works.

Scalp Treatment
(Good for Growth):

1/4 cup of aloe vera gel
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp of Amla powder
1 tsp Brahmi powder
5-10 drops rosemary oil

Mix ingredients thoroughly and apply to scalp as a pre-shampoo treatment. Massage scalp for ten minutes. Leave in 20 min (plastic cap optional)then wash hair as normal.

Don't forget to come back and tell us how it worked for you. I just love concocting my own stuff that actually works better in some cases than expensive over the counter products.

Harina

Would this be considered a protein as well because of the eggs?

Not really a recipe, but I've been warming up coco oil and slathering it on my hair about an hour before rinse time. Seems to work well.

mariofmagdal

1/4 cup ea.
lanolin oil
coconut oil
almond oil
avocado oil
peppermint oil (10 drops)
rosemary oil (10 drops)

she lets it sit for 20-30 min under plastic cap

Mixed in a bottle, (not sure of the shelf life) pre-poo mixture I make for my mom. She loves it. She uses for growth/stimulation of scalp.

PrincessLinzz

Ok ladies I visted the beauty supply store and bought a bunch of oils for just in case purposes. I am going to create my own concoction, this is my first time.

I have coconut oil, sesame oil, avocado oil, olive oil and rosemary/cinnamon oil.

Wish me luck!! And Thanks!

naijamerican

Totally off topic: OP, your blog is HILARIOUS!!!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Totally on topic: Thanks for posting this recipe. :yep: I'll use it when I get out of my twists.