Pre-Poo Through 2013 Challenge

TeeBee

image-2997679666.jpg

Cassia on deck! I didn't add any oils this time, and I used green tea instead of plain water. I really liked this mix!!

Atdow71

Made a great pre-poo w-/ AOHSR, JBCO,Castor oil, avj, jojoba, grapeseed. Left my hair really moisturized. I swapped out the AOHSR w/ trseme naturals for a dc. Not too crazy w/ this combo.

Duchess007

Prepooing with sunflower oil/peppermint EO/thyme EO/tea tree under my leave in.

image-3423303974.jpg

image-1529434773.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Jobwright

Equal parts honey and EVCO, and AOHSR. baggy, skully, watching Boardwalk Empire while this marinates in my hair.

EnExitStageLeft

Prepooing w/ a mixture of Hempseed and EVCO!

My hair thrived when I used Hempseed as my main prepoo oil. I decided to mix the two because EVCO makes my hair so soft and Hempseed Oil smooths my cuticles like no flipping other.

My hair is going to love me for this :yep:

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
Prepooing w/ a mixture of Hempseed and EVCO!

My hair thrived when I used Hempseed as my main prepoo oil. I decided to mix the two because EVCO makes my hair so soft and Hempseed Oil smooths my cuticles like no flipping other.

My hair is going to love me for this :yep:

i just said to myself that i need to get some more hempseed oil for my hair. i always assumed that there may be some benefits to the hair

EnExitStageLeft

TopShelf

I'm about to hit up Vitacost in a few minutes :yep: lol. I have a 8oz bottle, but I'll use that in two months tops. I'm going to get a 24 oz. big boy. Throw it in the freezer and call it a day.

shtow

Ok so I haven't officially joined this thread but I hope its OK that I park this right here:

So WHAT was I thinking NEVER pre pooing before (check the join date lol)? I decided to try it due to my dermatitis.

I will say this. My NG was poppin' and my hair is so soft, shiny, and moisturized. The only issue is that my hair, esp my NG and ends (Im almost 4 months post) didnt get as straight as usual and my hair is a tad oily. Im guessing either I needed to shampoo twice or use a more moisturizing DC to combat the protein in the coconut oil (I had used Sally's Argan oil mask, which is mostly moisture with some protein). I also used Sally's Argan oil serum as my heat protectant. Next time I'll use my usual heat protector (fantasia) and hopefully my hair wont come out so oily and will straighten better. Either way, my hair feels so lush and silky and my scalp is much calmer!