** Pre-Poo Through 2015 **

cutenss

Re: **Pre-poo Through 2014**

I am pre-pooing now. Earlier I applied coconut oil to my hair. After 2 hours I applied my Eva NYC Softening Up Conditioner.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal

Answer the following questions to join:

a) Like This Post and DominicanBrazilian82 in Your First Post - Done

b) Current Hair Length - Grazing APL

c) Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural/Transitioning - Natural but color treated

d) Pre-poo Process/Products - Will use the Chicoro pre-poo of aloe Vera gel, oil and coconut oil plus occasionally use just castor oil and steam

e) End-of-Year Goal Length - full BSB

f) Pre-poo Frequency? (1/week, 2/month, etc) - twice a month during winter months

g) Most Recent Length Check Pic (12/31/13 Latest) hmmm today maybe?

EnExitStageLeft

MileHighDiva

I didn't, I simply used a conditioner to remove the excess debris left on my hair. I'm sitting with a turban now. I'm about to apply my tea and dc and steam for a hour.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen

MileHighDiva

I didn't, I simply used a conditioner to remove the excess debris left on my hair. I'm sitting with a turban now. I'm about to apply my tea and dc and steam for a hour.

Okay. I just wanted to make sure weren't going to cleanse because you said pre-poo. I can't wait to read your blog post about your experience and results.

Ogoma

Pre-pooing with coconut oil and honey layered.

Might do something different next week. My hair was a little hard when I first rinsed this combination off. Still going to keep trying to pre-poo weekly.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
KV or home infused oils? If home infused, please share your process. Sun, time, water bath, crock pot...etc. DarkJoy

Couldnt afford kv more than twice MileHighDiva so I make it the ayurvedic way. It cost about $15 to make enough for many months usage once a week. Basically low boiling a paste made from the powders along with the dry powders in a full jar of coconut oil. It takes a couple hours to boil out the water from the oil. Otherwise it will mold.

Instruction from this indian doctor here.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KkJVeuAteDE

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
DarkJoy You don't think the high heat is destroying the properties of the EVCO?

It boils very low heat. After getting it to boiling on med heat, it sustained a boil at med-low. Just be careful not to reach the smoke point on the oil. Also you can use this method to make a lot of concentrate then add the ayurvedic oil to fresh uncooked evco in an applicator bottle to dilute it and have all the properties of evco. It will last a loooong time that way. I did a half and half like that at first but got lazy. Lol

MileHighDiva

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen

DarkJoy Last question...I promise:grin: What is the ratio for making the concentrate? I'm about to pull out my old crock pot that I keep around for pot lucks etc. I think I'll use a crock pot liner, to prevent issues if I ever use it for pot lucks again :look:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
DarkJoy Last question...I promise:grin: What is the ratio for making the concentrate? I'm about to pull out my old crock pot that I keep around for pot lucks etc. I think I'll use a crock pot liner, to prevent issues if I ever use it for pot lucks again :look:

Lol MileHighDiva no worries. I used :

one 12oz jar evco
1oz of fenugreek and amla powders mixed from 50-50 each
1oz of those powders made into a thick playdough like paste with distilled water
Add powder and paste to melted but COOL evco in the pot. Boil til dried out. That can take a couple hours and you can't leave it or start again later. This will be diff if you infuse in the crock of course.
Strain

You can play with the powder ratios as you like. Or just use one or the other. Depends on how strong you want to make it or prefer one over the other.

That's it.

I'm gonna make henna oil next :)

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen

DarkJoy Does the liquid stay in liquid form from all of that heat and reduction, or does it re solidify? I'm watching his how to make bhringraj/maka oil video now...

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care

Used grape seed oil mixed with coconut, castor, vitamin e, safflower, squalane, emu, and avocado oil as well as a glycerin water spritz to precondition for wash day.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I have a finger detangled head and scalp full of Dabur Vatika Oil.

I'll pre-poo over night.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

schely10

Dominicanbrazilian82 I dont know how to like this post, but I do want to join. I pre-poo weekly. First, I massage mustard oil on my scalp to reduce shedding, then, I coat my strands with coconut oil from root to tip. Next, I sit under my steamer for at least 30 minutes. Finally, I cover my head with a plastic cap, scarves & a wool cap overnight. The next day is wash day.
I am currently relaxed (8wks post) and at BSL (most recent length check was 1/18/14). My end of 2014 goal is to be WL.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
schely10 If you're on your phone press the screen and you'll get an action menu. Thank is the second option. From your laptop/ PC there's a thank button near the bottom of the post.

:welcome:

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Rozlewis

Pre-pooing overnight with Coffee oil on the scalp and Coconut oil on the length.

schely10

Just pre-poo'd with mustard oil massaged on my scalp & coconut oil on the length of my hair, then steamed for 30min. Now about to co-wash & deep condition.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint

Overnight prepoo with Keravada Fenugreek mixed with HV Vatika Frosting.

Babygrowth

Prepooing with HV sitrinillah and tea. May keep it in overnight or may rinse it out because my high porosity ends and my dry NG are not in agreement!