Preachers Of Atlanta

momi

It's like a bad accident...I can't turn away but I am so appalled

Me too! I want to turn but I'm just too through with what I'm seeing.

DH keeps asking me why I have him watching this foolishness. Lol

That Leandria (sp) is a trip.

CoilyFields

I know. It's crazy!

I'm all for reaching people in alternative ways...but not when those ways are through "weights" or just plain sins. You don't have to dress like a prostitute to reach a prostitute...

Paul had it right when he encouraged understanding the culture you are in and being able to reach people people but not in ways that are not pleasing to God. Duh.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
What on earth did I miss? I had no idea the there was a show regarding the ATL? We have Bible Study on Wednesday nights, the exact place where I need to be.

Question: Whatever happened to 'Preacher's of L.A. and Preachers of Detroit'?

momi

What on earth did I miss? I had no idea the there was a show regarding the ATL? We have Bible Study on Wednesday nights, the exact place where I need to be.

Question: Whatever happened to 'Preacher's of L.A. and Preachers of Detroit'?

Lol. I'm not sure what happened with those shows.... And you didn't miss a thing. I just wonder where we went wrong.

Shimmie

Staff member
This show is a mess. I keep trying to see the good that they're doing but I'm thrown off by their unorthodox ways of preaching the word and trying to reach people.

The one lady says she curses. I was apalled.
There's no good that can come from these shows as they are not sound in Jesus. It's such a shame because here they have an opportunity ... a rare gift of time and a media platform to honor God and to bring others to His Throne... and yet they waste it...run it through the mud and mire, and to sell out for 3o pieces of silver.

What a sad waste of life and time.

Shimmie

Staff member
Except for Canton Jones, first I'm ever hearing of these f0lks... but why is there a GoFundMe for Canton's church? Anyone knows about this?

https://www.gofundme.com/73ht6aqc

I've not watched the show but may tune in this week God willing to what the hoopla is about.. lol
First for me as well @Laela.... But Girl, you know I'm way out of the loop. :lol:

How are you, Angel, BTW? :bighug: To you and Hubbie... :love3:

Divine.

@Divine. :wave: How are you Angel. :bighug:

Tell me, who is Kim? What ministry is she from?

Hello! :hug2:

Kim sprung to popularity due to social media. A lot of new ministers are gaining a pretty large following nowadays "preaching" via Instagram and Twitter.

Anyways, Kim was previously in an abusive marriage which God healed her from. Since then she has been using her testimony to show other woman that they are loved by the Most High. Her husband is a preacher I believe as well as her parents.

She is such a positive individual and I never got a check in my spirit regarding her. That's why I'm so disappointed she is on this show. The show could either hurt her or solidify that she is truly doing God's work.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I just finished watching Donnie McClurkin's response...he is so hurt and disappointed..
I agree, this is all disgraceful. What keeps this all in perspective is God is cannot be mocked. These preachers may very well have God-given Gifts and touch lives in their respective ministries, but I don't see how these 'reality' shows are drawing people to God. They're designed to entertain...

God is taken for granted in this country... When I read about the underground Chinese Christians who are risking their lives to serve/worship God under a regime, in comparison, it hurts my heart.

Iwanthealthyhair67

I just finished watching Donnie McClurkin's response...he is so hurt and disappointed..
I agree, this is all disgraceful. What keeps this all in perspective is God is cannot be mocked. These preachers may very well have God-given Gifts and touch lives in their respective ministries, but I don't see how these 'reality' shows are drawing people to God. They're designed to entertain...

God is taken for granted in this country... When I read about the underground Chinese Christians who are risking their lives to serve/worship God under a regime, in comparison, it hurts my heart.

Donnie sounds like his heart is hurting and I feel that for him, I don't watch any of these shows he's a dieing breed of Pastors ...I feel most of these 'Christian' reality shows are a disgrace and I refuse to watch them.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member

This makes it all the more grieving. .. That there are Christians literally losing their lives for their love of Jesus and yet these reality shows make a mockery of their faith and the Gospel. Shame on them. ..Shame!

momi

Hello! :hug2:

Kim sprung to popularity due to social media. A lot of new ministers are gaining a pretty large following nowadays "preaching" via Instagram and Twitter.

Anyways, Kim was previously in an abusive marriage which God healed her from. Since then she has been using her testimony to show other woman that they are loved by the Most High. Her husband is a preacher I believe as well as her parents.

She is such a positive individual and I never got a check in my spirit regarding her. That's why I'm so disappointed she is on this show. The show could either hurt her or solidify that she is truly doing God's work.

I'd never heard of her prior to this show but I will say that she held to the word of God when the subject of premarital sex was in the table.

I do plan on watching this week so I come back with an update for those who may be interested. If it continues in the same fashion then I will move on.