Pregnant Postal Worker Goes Missing

Ms. Tarabotti

This is so frustrating that they took so long to go after the guy that now he is in the wind. smh.

It reminds me of story here in Jax.

There is highschool girl here that was reported missing in mid Dec. First day was reported as simply missing, then updated to missing and pregnant. A few days later alive, but ran away to the home of a different family member. That was later reported to be a lie by someone in the immediate family and updated to no she is still missing.

A week or so ago, they arrested her uncle for an old warrant for sexual battery on another teen girl and only yesterday was it reported that he being considered a lead suspect as he may be the father of the baby.

It made me so mad that it took so long to even consider him or push back harder at whatever information he fed them.

If that guy wanted to run, he would've had plenty of time to do so. How does a guy with active warrants living in the same house with the missing girl, not be considered the prime suspect??

https://www.jacksonville.com/news/2...now-suspect-in-her-jacksonville-disappearance

I hadn't heard about that case.

I think that investigators might have a feeling about 'whodunit' but they need evidence to arrest the person. Often family members are seeking to 'protect' family members reputations and either do not divulge critical information or lie to the police.

intellectualuva

I hadn't heard about that case.

I think that investigators might have a feeling about 'whodunit' but they need evidence to arrest the person. Often family members are seeking to 'protect' family members reputations and either do not divulge critical information or lie to the police.

I get it in theory, but I hate that it gives men the chance to get away or close any holes that could point to them.

Kanky

From this and the Gabby Petito case I have learned that if a man murders a woman, hides the body well and refuses to answer questions then he can probably get away with it. The police don’t seem to really do much to catch people who don’t confess.

Theresamonet

From this and the Gabby Petito case I have learned that if a man murders a woman, hides the body well and refuses to answer questions then he can probably get away with it. The police don’t seem to really do much to catch people who don’t confess.

That’s really with most crimes that don’t involve a paper trail. If people just didn’t talk to the police at all, many could get away with literal murder. Murder requires the highest burden of proof for conviction, and the police rely heavily on people just telling on themselves. If they have no murder weapon, no witnesses, no confession, then they have nothing. Erratic and suspicious behavior doesn’t matter without one of those 3 things.