Preparation for getting hair ravaged?

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
Hi.

I will be 4 months post when I go in for my touch-up next friday. I have a nice little mini fro going on all up in my roots :yep:. How do I prepare my NG since my stylist will be combing/detangling my hair before she starts the relaxer process? Will greasing my scalp with oil a few days prior help?

She's usually gentle, and combs the "right" way, but as you guys all know WE are the gentlest with our own hair...

Iluvsmuhgrass

Bumping for you!

It's been a while since I had a relaxer so hopefully some of the other ladies will chime in. What I would do to help protect my scalp from burns of any kind was to make sure I based thoroughly with baby oil the day before. I also added oil (baby, evoo, or castor) to the my ends.

lea86111

i'm no expert, but i'm stretching for 6 months and when my stretch will be over i'll do a medium/strong protein treatment and follow it up with a deep moisturizing treatment on that day and everyday after until relaxer also oil/grease my scalp like a mad woman the day of or before and the day of. i wanna try using roux porosity control also the few days prior to get more even results.
hopefully someone will give you some prove and tested routines. :grin:

C@ssandr@

Thanks guys.
I'm not worried so much about burning scalp. I just want my NG to be easy to comb so the stylist has no reason to be rough. Any other ideas?
Any links?

beans4reezy

You can try a light blow dry to straighten out the roots. That way your NG will be easier to comb without having to have your stylist rip through your hair.

Embyra

well i normally stretch for long periods of time and i use a detangling spray with silicone in it so when i comb out the roots myself my hair is soft and de tangled so no reason for the stylist to be heavy handed

i never blow dry my hair prior to relaxing either i want the line of my natural hair and already relaxed hair to be very clear

C@ssandr@

well i normally stretch for long periods of time and i use a detangling spray with silicone in it so when i comb out the roots myself my hair is soft and de tangled so no reason for the stylist to be heavy handed

i never blow dry my hair prior to relaxing either i want the line of my natural hair and already relaxed hair to be very clear

Good point. I guess a light blow dry would be good though.

nymane

When I was ready to relax after my 27 week stretch I did a hard protein (Aphogee Two Step) a week before. A couple days leading up to my relaxer I co-washed, detangled thoroughly and air dried in a ponytail roller set so that my stylist wouldn't have to rake through my new growth and so that she wouldn't have any trouble differentiating between my relaxed ends and new growth.