Preparing for this week install. need suggestions

Lute

Good Evening Ladies,

I will be taking out my crochet braids to do a weave install. But before I do that I was planning to do these steps. I just wanted some input before I do all of this friday night. I wanted to mention. That I recently suffered heat damage. and after the last aphogee treatment my hair still didnt revert. But also I can still smell that burn smell. I feel like some product was sealed into my hair.

1. Remove braids/detangle and divide in 5 sections
  2. Pre-poo with coconut oil - w heat
  3. Wash with hair rules clarifying shampoo
  4. Aphogee Treatment
  5. Deep Condition with White Camila (Aubrey Organics) - w heat
  6. Wash.
  7. braids/stretch.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

miss stress

Your plan sounds pretty solid to me actually, but u do plan on moisturizing really well b4 the install right?

Lute

Your plan sounds pretty solid to me actually, but u do plan on moisturizing really well b4 the install right?

Yep... I even purchased an applicator with a really really long nozzle. I plan to moisturize every other day. I noticed as long as my hair recieves some type of moisture and water it wont atrophy and thin out on me.

DrC

You're basically on the right track with taking care of your hair. You may want to cut some of the burnt hair off though. The burning smell means you've fried your hair and fried hair eventually splits, breaks, and falls off. I think it would be best to make sure your hair is in tip top condition before doing your install. Just my opinion.

Lute

You're basically on the right track with taking care of your hair. You may want to cut some of the burnt hair off though. The burning smell means you've fried your hair and fried hair eventually splits, breaks, and falls off. I think it would be best to make sure your hair is in tip top condition before doing your install. Just my opinion.

I feel uncomfortable doing that.. because its like strands here and there... it would be come very uneven. I even have a strand that the damage is about 4+ in long

DrC

I feel uncomfortable doing that.. because its like strands here and there... it would be come very uneven. I even have a strand that the damage is about 4+ in long
Oh. Well then if its only a few strands here and there then you can just do a S&D.

Have fun with your install :yay: