Prepoo Idea

gabulldawg

Hey, guys. I am trying to find a way to nurse my hair back to health from all of this shedding/breakage. :perplexed Anyway, I need to know what I should do for a prepoo treatment. I used to do weekly prepoo treatments with ORS hair mayo which left my hair feeling good. However, I Think that my hair has been experiencing protein overload and I don't want to go bald! Anyway, what other types of things are people using as a prepoo? Could it be any type of conditioner? I have a bottle of mane n tail moisturizing conditioner at home. Should I slather that on mixed with some oil and let it sit on my hair for a little while? Any help is appreciated. I want to wash my hair tonight. Thanks!

sareca

If you're doing weekly protein and it's breaking it might be time for a good moisturizing DC. How about using your favorite moisturizing conditioner (humectress works well) on your dry hair, bag it, and sit under the dryer for 20-30 minutes. That usually stops all of my breaking issues cold. :yep:

gabulldawg

If you're doing weekly protein and it's breaking it might be time for a good moisturizing DC. How about using your favorite moisturizing conditioner (humectress works well) on your dry hair, bag it, and sit under the dryer for 20-30 minutes. That usually stops all of my breaking issues cold. :yep:

OOooo sounds good! Thanks, Sareca. I hope it works. I really need help or I fear that I will have no more hair soon. :sad:

Leslie_C

This works well for me too. Now I mainly DC on dry hair, then shampoo, oil rinse, and do a quick rinse out conditioner. Sareca, you have helped me obtain a real regimen that works for me!

Joanna721

Im stopping by CVS to pick up some conditioner and I was just wondering the same thing.....Im so glad Sareca is here to save the day

gabulldawg

Okay, guys. :ohwell: I am sitting under the dryer now with my prepoo. I used Mane N Tail Moisturizing Condish. Anyway, AFTER I had already put the conditioner on my hair I decided to look at the ingredients of the conditioner to see if it had any protein in it. OF COURSE it does!! It has wheat protein listed in roughly the middle of the list. :wallbash: It seems like I just can't do right by my hair!!! Anyway, does anyone know how damaging it would be to my hair which is already falling out because of too much protein?? Is wheat protein strong? I don't plan on using anymore protein!

sareca

Okay, guys. :ohwell: I am sitting under the dryer now with my prepoo. I used Mane N Tail Moisturizing Condish. Anyway, AFTER I had already put the conditioner on my hair I decided to look at the ingredients of the conditioner to see if it had any protein in it. OF COURSE it does!! It has wheat protein listed in roughly the middle of the list. :wallbash: It seems like I just can't do right by my hair!!! Anyway, does anyone know how damaging it would be to my hair which is already falling out because of too much protein?? Is wheat protein strong? I don't plan on using anymore protein!

I put wheat protein in the same boat as collagen and silk--super light proteins. I think you're ok. If it only has wheat I'd still count that as a moisturizing condish. :yep:

gabulldawg

I put wheat protein in the same boat as collagen and silk--super light proteins. I think you're ok. If it only has wheat I'd still count that as a moisturizing condish. :yep:

Thanks so much sareca!!! I'm considering blowdrying and flatironing my hair (with a heat protectant, of course) to assess the thinness. It's been so long since I've done either to my own hair.

sareca

This works well for me too. Now I mainly DC on dry hair, then shampoo, oil rinse, and do a quick rinse out conditioner. Sareca, you have helped me obtain a real regimen that works for me!

:yay: I'm glad it's working for you too. I don't even think about my hair anymore. It's all good, all the time. :drunk:

Ms. Plain Jane

I DC with Nacidit Avacado Hair Conditioner or Silicon Mix and African Pride Hair, Scalp, and Skin Oil and sleep with it overnight. My hair is soft magic on the morning, lol

AtlantaJJ

ITA - I recently used Biolage HydraTherapie and it stopped the breakage I was having from weekly protein treatments cold as she said. It appears that my hair only likes protein once every couple / three weeks or right before - after relaxer touch-ups.:yep:

gabulldawg

I have an update. I prepooed my hair with some MNT moisturizing conditioner and sat under the dryer for about 30 minutes. Then I washed with nexxus therappe and conditioned with nexxus humectress and did a cold rinse. My hair was sooooo soft! It felt really good and still does. I then put some heat protectant in it and blowdried it just to assess the breakage/shedding. My hair does appear to be shedding less. I can actually touch it and not have hairs come off in my hands! So far so good! My hair also doesn't look hideously thin like I imagined it would!! I'm happy for now. My SO also said he thinks it's growing! I am almost 2 months post so I have some serious NG though. Anyway, I would like to wear my hair down for a few days, so I think I'm going to pincurl my hair before I go to bed. Thanks so much for your help, guys! :grin: