pressed hair ladies

sundayschild

<font color="blue"> please share your routine. how are you able to incorporate Surge into your routine?
the surge wogee cream and oil is okay but the revitalizer plus 14 of course cannot be used every day because it reverses your roots.
are you flat ironing instead of pressing? do you have a regular salon appt or do you alternate between braids, and pressed hair?

I do the latter, but have been wearing a french roll for about a month. my hair has grown do in part to roller sets, no trim and vitamins but...it is uneven. the back nape is long the sides are just past my ear.

please share your routine for wearing and maintaining your pressed 'do!! </font>

Gaea

You have lots of questions! lol but that's ok

I don't use surge because it did a number on my scalp... but I never would use it when I pressed my hairl. Only when i wear my hair in curly styles. I wouldn't think that the wojee cream is good for presses, doesn't it have water in it? I'm not sure because I didn't use it.

I flat iron and press-not at the same time!

I don't go to the salon, I do my hair on my own. I alternate between curly, moisturized styles and rollersets done without heat with very little pressing/flat ironing.

To keep a press, the only thing that I use with water in it is a leave in and a heat protectant and that's put in my hair before pressing. I stay away from water and use silicone/petroleum based products and oils. This is the reason I don't press often, it's not enough moisture. I'm an s-curl type of girl

sundayschild

<font color="blue"> thanks for your reply. I wanted to exchange ideas with those who straighten their hair by pressing or flat ironing in large part due to the Surge phenomena. it does appear to work. However, it is impossible to use the revitalizer 14 each day if your hair is pressed. I have used both the Surge Wogee Cream and Lotion Motion #9 products to moisterize my hair. I have never attempted to flat iron my own hair but wanted to exchange ideas with others who have.

I somewhat loath going to the hairdresser, but have to admit she does a good job. she also has taken to roller setting my hair. it dries semi straight ad then she further straightens it with the flat iron.

Really didn't mean to ask so many questions, I really just wanted to exchange experiences, ideas.