Priest Calls Police On Grieving Black Family..

pear

Lawd....this happened down in my neck of the woods!!!

I really hope race didnt have anything to do with it :rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:. However thinking back to 2016, there were an awful lot of folks with signs in their yards wanting to MAGA :nono:.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I thought about the racial aspect, but do we really believe he'd have behaved that way toward a white family? The mere fact that he called the deceased (in her casket) "that thing" came from a deep place. He of all people should know what Jesus taught us about being angry and sinning not. I doubt Almighty God was pleased when he did this and Jesus cried. Matthew 5 says, blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted. I'm not condemning the man but he is in a position of priesthood and held to a Higher authority. The priest's role was to comfort, not cause pain and anger. If the people been in there smoking weed and desecrating the church. I'd understand righteousness indignation, but that was not the case. We need to come to a resolve of this knowledge: Racism exists in physical churches, but it is not a part of the true Body of Christ.

HappilyLiberal

Lawd....this happened down in my neck of the woods!!!

I really hope race didnt have anything to do with it :rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:. However thinking back to 2016, there were an awful lot of folks with signs in their yards wanting to MAGA :nono:.

Kimbosheart

Who did you think I meant? :giggle:

I don't remember exactly, but maybe I thought you were talking about Catholics in general or members of the clergy, or Christians. I admit I have my guard up in threads that mention Catholicism in particular. So I apologize, but that's why I thought it was safer to ask. Thank you for providing the detailed list.