PROBLEM Beautiful Textures Anti Reversion System

Straighthoodtea

PROBLEM!! In July, I used the beautiful textures anti reversion system on my hair to straighten it. Its been 2 Months and my hair hasn't reverted back to being its normal kinky curly self. For some reason I didn't think this would be an issue when I did it. My hair is wet in these photos, yet my hair is 80% dry right now and it hasn't Changed at all. Im afraid I ruined my natural hair. Beware of bandwagons. You'll end up like me. I'm praying that when it's fully dry, that maybe a miracle will happen and I can go back to my beautiful curls. I am so freaking sad.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
OP I'm sorry you are having this problem. Did you wash with a clarifying shampoo a couple of times as instructed.

I'm natural but I prefer to wear my hair straight. I just started using this system a couple of weeks ago and I have done one wash with their shampoo and conditioner and so far I'm loving it. I'm in Atlanta for the weekend and so far so good even with hot. Right now I believe this is a keeper for me.

NICOLETHENUMBERONE

Man, that's really messed up! I hope it's just what another poster said and simply something that can be resolved with a shampoo. I still am kind of weary of trying this though because I'm thinking it could permanently alter a person's hair texture. I hope this isn't the case because it seemed like a good product. :perplexed

Lynnerie

For what it's worth your hair is still very pretty. And like someone else said try a protein treatment. Do you have a pic of your "before" curls?

AllyMD

If it is like the design essentials treatment, then I agree with the above posts and give yourself some protein treatments. I know that's what reverses design essentials. I hope it works out for you!

sunshinebeautiful

Awwww sorry to hear that this happened to you. I know you want your original kinkier texture back, but what you're working with now doesn't look half bad at all. Any plans on what to do if your original texture doesn't come back?

*CherryPie*

It's called ANTI reversion system. Doesn't that mean that your curls won't revert ...back? That's what is sounds like the purpose of the product is....to loosen the curl. It sounds like it did what it was supposed to do.

naturalmanenyc

It's a keratin treatment, although allegedly a mild one. I've tried a few brands, including Beautiful Textures. I have a keratin treatment section on my blog here: http://goingnaturaltransitioningtonaturalhair.com/category/keratin-treatment-on-natural-hair/

Keratin treatments can take months to wear off completely when using a sulfate shampoo every two weeks or so, at least for my hair. I don't use high heat though and my curls always came back.

What heat setting did you use to flat iron? It may be heat damage.

Marand13

Definitely try a protein treatment. It should revert back over time.

At least it didn't make your hair fall out!! :ohwell:I use a different brand about 2 years ago, and my hair fell out in clumps after for months!!! I had to cut my hair off. It was terrible! :nono:

Last edited:

ackee walk

I'm sorry, OP. I agree with naturalmanenyc. If it's a keratin treatment, it may just take a few months to wear off but if you used too much heat to do it, this may be the result of heat damage. There's such a stark difference with your original texture that I think it may just be heat damage.

Definitely try a protein treatment. It should revert back over time.

At least it didn't make your hair fall out!! :ohwell:I use a different brand about 2 years ago, and my hair fell out in clumps after for months!!! I had to cut my hair off. It was terrible! :nono:

Marand13 I'm sorry that happened to you :nono: what brand did you use? :look:

Misseyl

Sorry to hear about this. Your hair looks good but I know what you mean, you want that puff/fluff natural hair has. Personally, and I hate to be negative but I don't believe it is going to revert back. Anti-reversion product does what it says, anti-revert.

lux10023

I've used this TMS countless times no issue--maybe try using WEN...also i think a protein shamp-conditioner would work.. just did one on my hair on Saturday and it reverted my natural curls right back to kinkayyyyy lol

ManeStreet

Sulphate shampoos and sulphate products remove the treatment from the hair. If you are just using a sulphate free shampoo it won't completely remove it. Go get a real deal clarifying shampoo to remove the product. The protein treatment will bring back the springiness/shape of the curls & the deep conditioner will moisturize.

Kindheart

Sulphate shampoos and sulphate products remove the treatment from the hair. If you are just using a sulphate free shampoo it won't completely remove it. Go get a real deal clarifying shampoo to remove the product. The protein treatment will bring back the springiness/shape of the curls & the deep conditioner will moisturize.

Yeah something like DAX clarifying shampoo. That's a serious one.

Straighthoodtea

I haven't done a wash n go in awhile since it's colder outside. But I will update this when I do a wash n go. As far as I can tell while washing it, it still hasn't fully reverted back. :(

pelohello

ckisland

^^ Awww I'm sorry to hear that your hair still isn't 100% :sad:

I tried it and my hair reverted the same day. I might try it again because I would actually like my hair to stay smoother and straighter for a little while, and at this point, I have zero fear of my hair not reverting :lol:

NefertariBlu

Oh no. I'm sorry this happened to you. Just Sunday I chucked the TMS away. I got it as a free sample at a hair show. But after watching a few reviews I decided against it and threw it out.