Problem Solved

testimony777

I just updated the thread I posted a while back about my breakage problem but I thought I would make it a separate thread as well.

Thanks to the great advice you ladies gave I am very pleased to announce that the breakage problem is solved:grin: ! To sum it all up it turned out that my problem was lack of moisture.

I took Isis' advice and started moisturizing my hair twice a day as opposed to once and it has made a tremendous difference. I also took Camellia's and NurseN98's advice and started using both conditioner and oil (coconut) on my ends. I mist my ends at night and in the morning, apply my leave in and a small bit of oil and detangle if needed.

I also tried using a damp warm towel for my DT's instead of just a plastic cap and it has made a huge difference in how my deep conditioner works for my hair.

Thanks again ladies for all the great tips. I love this site!

KiniKakes

That is WONDERFUL news. Im so thrilled that the breakage stopped for you. I think I will try this as well (increasing the moisture in my regimen). So for now i will hold off on the Aphogee treatment, and focus on moisture.

Just to be clear, are you using more oils on your ends or water-based moisturizers? Or is the conditioner water based, and then you seal that moisture in with the coconut oils?

Thanks for the update, sis. :D

Last edited:

testimony777

KiniKakes said:
That is WONDERFUL news. Im so thrilled that the breakage stopped for you. I think I will try this as well (increasing the moisture in my regimen). So for now i will hold off on the Aphogee treatment, and focus on moisture.

Just to be clear, are you using more oils on your ends or water-based moisturizers? Or is the conditioner water based, and then you seal that moisture in with the coconut oils?

Thanks for the update, sis. :D

I am doing the bolded portion of your statement. My conditioner is water based and then I apply the oil. I hope it works for you, keep us posted:grin:

testimony777

Sistaslick said:
:clap: what a beautiful testimony :clap: pun intended. :lol:

This made me simle:D , thanks.

Thank you ladies for being excited about my success; you all are amazing!

Wadadligyal, thanks for the compliment!

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Good for you! I'm glad it's working for you, your hair is too gorgeous to be having problems...:lol:

newsgrl

Congrats Testimony! Quick question...are you applying a little conditioner to dry hair...and then coconut oil? Or when your hair is wet? I'm trying to apply all of the techniques you ladies talk about...Because I'm wondering if I apply a dab of Humecto and coconut oil everyday, that would help with some of my breakage (not a lot of breakage, just a little).

krissyprissy

newsgrl said:
Congrats Testimony! Quick question...are you applying a little conditioner to dry hair...and then coconut oil? Or when your hair is wet? I'm trying to apply all of the techniques you ladies talk about...Because I'm wondering if I apply a dab of Humecto and coconut oil everyday, that would help with some of my breakage (not a lot of breakage, just a little).

Humecto and coconut oil will help keep moisture in the hair. I use humecto and surge lotion 9 oil.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
testimony777 said:
I just updated the thread I posted a while back about my breakage problem but I thought I would make it a separate thread as well.

Thanks to the great advice you ladies gave I am very pleased to announce that the breakage problem is solved:grin: ! To sum it all up it turned out that my problem was lack of moisture.

I took Isis' advice and started moisturizing my hair twice a day as opposed to once and it has made a tremendous difference. I also took Camellia's and NurseN98's advice and started using both conditioner and oil (coconut) on my ends. I mist my ends at night and in the morning, apply my leave in and a small bit of oil and detangle if needed.

I also tried using a damp warm towel for my DT's instead of just a plastic cap and it has made a huge difference in how my deep conditioner works for my hair.

Thanks again ladies for all the great tips. I love this site!

Congrats and thanks for starting this thread. I printed it all out :lol: