Problems with deep conditioning

kedra70

I'm wondering if there's a conditioner that I can use for my deep conditioning? I deep condition for an average of about 30 minutes - and while my hair feels okay after rinsing out, it seems that after it dries, it feels kinda dry. I've conditioned with LUST, Elucense Moisture Balancing, and Kenra Moisturinzing Conditioner. All three work better on my hair as my regular, during-the-week rinse out conditioners, not as deep conditioners.

Does anyone have suggestions for another "deep" conditioner?

Kedra

Angelicus

Things that i like that I use as deep conditioners (30 min, no heat:
Any cheapo conditioner mixed with olive oil (u might want to try this first)
Miss Key 10 en 1 Super Conditioner
Salerm Wheat Germ Mask
Lustrasilk Cholesterol (the green one only, mixed with olive oil)
Aubrey Organics GPB *my newest sweetheart*

btw: i always use a leave-in even after deep conditioning.

caralexis2005

i'm wondering if its really the conditioner. Are you using a leave in of any kind i.e. liquid or creme? How are you styling your hair after washing and conditioning?

I'm asking bc I know when i dont use a leave in and I airdry then my hair feels dry- like not smooth and sealed. but if i use a leave in (or a couple lol bc im a pj) it feels smoother. and if i rollerset my hair it is very smooth.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Surprisingly,it's not the conditioner-it's the length of time you sit under the hair dryer. I posted something about this from a Black hair care magazine. Do a search for "Black Hair Styles and Trend Magazine Says" and it will explain the process to you. HTH

Nyambura

surfer girl
To echo the solid advice of SuperGirl, Have you clarified lately? Sometimes buildup on the hair prevents products from being fully effective.

NAY007

I love to use Dove as my deep conditioner as well as St. Ives Fortifying Reconstructor. I prefer to mix a little bit of carrot or olive oil into them.

Allandra

I use Aubrey Organics for deep conditioning (just did one today). I don't use my moisturizing conditioners for deep conditioning (only my protein conditioners).

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
Interesting Allandra...may I ask why?

[/ QUOTE ]
Moisturizing conditioners work best on my hair when left on for 3 to 5 minutes.

naomi

good skin and hair
When I used to deep condition under the dryer I noticed my hair did seem a little dry. But when I just leave the conditioner on my hair for about 5 minutes or so in the shower, my hair is really soft. So I realized deep conditioning with heat is not for me.

HairFanatic01

Thanx Allandra!! I tried my new Kenra moisturizing conditoner after deep conditioning with Aubrey Organics GPB in the shower and my hair felt so soft, was much easier to comb and my hair wasn't brittle.

PrettyBrownEyes

I only deep condition with conditoners that specify they are to use with heat or leave on for an extended amount of time, in a nutshell I heed the directions on the package.

kedra70

Hmmm...I use Back to Basics Sunflower Detangling Spray and a pea-sized amount of Aveda Elixir as a leave-in. I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Kedra

kedra70

I haven't clarified in a while. I've let my ACV rinse work as a clarifier. Maybe I will clarify with shampoo and see how my hair reacts after that.

Kedra

kedra70

Allandra - you might have a point. When I purchased LUST, I used it as a deep conditioner - didn't work. When I used it as my weekly conditioner (5 minutes), my hair came out beautifully.

Kedra

LiLi

Hi kedra. It could be the Back to Basics Sunflower Detangling Spray. I used it twice and both times it made my hair so dry and spongy feeling after my hair dried. The next time I used the same of everything else but just omitted the b2b and my hair didn't feel dry. Could this possibly be the culprit for you as well?

kedra70

Hi LiLi - I've been using the B2B detangling spray since 1996 - it is my staple. I find that when I don't use it - my hair doesn't feel the same. I think I might clarify (with shampoo) and see if that makes any difference.

Kedra