Product Buildup or Dandruff???

Hello ladies, yet again I'm in another conundrum! I just took down my flexy rods - the curls and portion of my hair that is relaxed looks great and the new growth is soft. I wanted to take a closer peak at it in the mirror and I noticed something on my scalp between the curls so I scratched at it a little bit and flakes started to fall :cry:! Looking at it in other areas I see the same thing. Now I've never really had a problem with dandruff ever in my life but I did stop putting grease or really much of anything on my scalp except for my oil mix during my scalp massages. Yet here are these little patches of dryness :darkcloud:. Has anyone else experienced this? I just washed my hair yesterday with CON shampoo and deep conditioned. I've heard that CON shampoo (green bottle) can build up after a while. After all the pre-pooing and DCing yesterday I can't believe my scalp is dry...is is dandruff and if so how do I treat or is it product/cone buildup which would require clarifying? Urg why is this happening. My hair looks great now my scalp wants to act up :wallbash:. WTH!!!! Help and advice appreciated...TIA

HoneyDew

I have had this happen but most times if it is not scalp dryness or dandruff for me the buildup is soft and not flaky right after a wash. It gets kinda flaky once my hair is dry but it is all build up. Sometimes it is new build up from what ever conditioner I has just used. I have tossed some conditioners because they tend to leave crap on my scalp and don't rinse well. Mostimes I rid myself of it at the next wash time.

I actually purchased a scalp scrub to help me. I have not usd it yet, though.

I got this one:
http://www.newbeauty.com/DailyBeauty/Entry.aspx?ID=1354

These ladies are talkin g about making one: http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/showthread.php?t=342 Never tried that though.

Shampooing does not always seem to cut it for my scalp when there is buildup.

Esq.2B

Interesting...I just noticed the SAME THING about a week ago. I use CON green poo too. I just started using it about 4 or 5 weeks ago and I haven't clarified. I wonder if that could be the culprit.

I was going nuts trying to figure out what brought on the sudden (what appeared to be) dry scalp. I didn't know if it was a carrot oil pre-poo I'd done or the winter weather. I didn't even consider the poo.

HoneyDew

hmmm maybe do you oil your scalp or put anything else on it? bumping for more reply's

I do about once a week, but it helps actually. I don't notice this kind of build up all the time. Just sometimes. I think it is because of certain products. I can name several that have left me with some on my scalp. I try to stay away from them.

HoneyDew

Where did you purchase that scrub the link just described the product..??

I got mine from Ebay. You can get it at other sites, too. I just got a better price from Ebay. I would not mind doing something like this every other month or so. I notice it much less after I reanalyzed my product use.