Product Junkies’ Paradise in Los Angeles!

Barbara

Princess
Product Junkies' Paradise in Los Angeles!

For those of you that just can't find everything you want in one store, I highly recommend C & J Beauty Supply located at 1029 West Martin Luther King, Jr., Boulevard (on the northwest corner of King Boulevard and Vermont Avenue in the same retail strip center as Carl's Jr.).

Don't let the outside of this store fool you. If you were to drive by it, you would think it was small like the one across the street, but this is a product junkies' paradise! You will be shocked when you walk in! This store is the biggest beauty supply store in Los Angeles and is reasonably priced! I've never seen such a large selection of full line hair care products in addition to wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling weaves, hair extensions, wigs, and hair accessories before in my life! I wonder if the store owner thinks that every African American woman in Los Angeles is bald.

Give yourself plenty of time to shop, because if you're like me . . . you will want to check out every aisle. Every now and then when I'm in South Los Angeles, I stop by there just in case I missed something new.

Last edited:

Barbara

Princess
As far as I know, they don't. I guess I should ask the next time I'm in the area or better yet, I'll call them. Here's the number if you want to ask them: (323) 737-8433.

Over a year ago, I was told by a stylist from the Dominican salon in Sun Valley that Dominican products cannot be bought in Los Angeles, unless its Russa (sp?) which is made in Spain. I know I can order them online or pick them up the next time I'm in the Latino or Hispanic areas of New York City.

sprungonhairboards

Barbara said:
As far as I know, they don't. I guess I should ask the next time I'm in the area or better yet, I'll call them. Here's the number if you want to ask them: (323) 737-8433.

Over a year ago, I was told by a stylist from the Dominican salon in Sun Valley that Dominican products cannot be bought in Los Angeles, unless its Russa (sp?) which is made in Spain. I know I can order them online or pick them up the next time I'm in the Latino or Hispanic areas of New York City.

OT: how was your experience at that salon? I've been wanting to go but I've heard good and bad about it. Did Clara do your hair?

Divine Inspiration

sprungonhairboards said:
OT: how was your experience at that salon? I've been wanting to go but I've heard good and bad about it. Did Clara do your hair?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I just wanted to say do NOT go there. I had the worst salon experience of my life with Clara. :down:

Barbara

Princess
Re: Product Junkies' Paradise in Los Angeles!

I'm still spreading the word for all those newbies out there.

Barbara

Princess

I've never been there, but from what I heard, they don't do hair that have tight coils like mine because it's harder to work with. I'm referring to type 4 a/b hair. I heard some people have good results from Dominican salons and some don't.

They moved from Sun Valley to Los Angeles. I think they're located in the Vermont/Westmoreland area. Check out their website for their address.

I ordered Silicon Mix conditioner last month, and I really like it. :superbanana: I added jojoba and olive oil to it, so this will be in rotation with my other permanent conditioners.

Barbara

Princess
I love C & J's. I've spent waaay too much money in there.

Which is easy to do. My aunt and I were in that store last November, and we really had to exercise self-control.

They have so much stuff in there; one can become addicted just like viewing this website. It is truly a place for product junkies to shop, and I'm not exaggerating.

Last edited:

DarkChyld

Which is easy to do. My aunt and I were in that store last November, and we really had to exercise self-control.

They have so much stuff in there; one can become addicted just like viewing this website. It is truly a place for product junkies to shop, and I'm not exaggerating.
I just stopped by there on Friday. I spent under 20 bucks in there some I'm proud in a way about my self control.