Product Line Review: Druide Ecological Hair Care

Victorian

old head
Sorry, PJ's!! :lol:

Probably most of you have noticed my signature and know I'm trying out new hair products, but I wanted to do an official review now that I've been using them for a week.

The brand is Druide (http://www.druide.ca) and I've been using the Vitality Shampoo, Nourishing Conditioner, Leave-in Conditioner, and Dandrex. They are an organic, ecological company and don't use parabens or sulfates or synthetic fragrances. Definitely worth looking into for those of you trying to make the move to more natural products :yep: You can read more about the company and their mission on the website.

Anyway, even though I've only been using the line for a week I definitely have noticed an improvement in my hair. My hair was pretty healthy previously, but it has a "deep down" conditioned feel that it didn't have before, and it feels stronger yet lighter. A lovely lush feeling :up:

I typed out all the ingredients in my journal so I'm just going to copy and paste them here:

Druide Certified Organic Shampoo Vitality
For "Very dry, thin and fragile hair"
Ingredients: Purified water, Coco-Glucoside, Coco-Betaine, Cocomidopropyl Betaine, Polyglyceryl Dicaprate, Polyglycerol Palmitate, Sorbitol, Glyceryl Oleate, Cellulose Gum, Glycerin (vege), Lecithin, Ginseng Extract, Ginko Biloba Extract, Lichen Extract, and Burdock Extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Clary Sage Oil, Thyme Oil, Cedar Oil, Rosemary Oil, Lavender Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Lemon Oil, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Rosemary Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Beet Extract, Beta-Carotene.

Thoughts: The more I use this shampoo the more I like it. I've used it a few days in a row now and my hair doesn't feel dry at all, yet it effectively removes the Dandrex from my hair (see below). You only need a little but it comes out of the bottle quickly so be careful :lol:

Druide Ecological Conditioner Nourishing
"For dry, brittle hair"
Ingredients: Purified Water, Glyceryl Oleate, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phospate, Babassumidopropalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Lecithin, Castor Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Proteins, Rice Amino Acids, Cysteine HCl, Shea Butter, Anise Extract, Goldenrod Extract, Rosewood Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Juniper Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Panthenol, Pyridoxine, Tocopherol, Rosemary Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract.

Thoughts: Now I was having good feelings about the conditioner from the second I unscrewed the top and started sniffing. It smells very grassy. I like it, but I guess some people may not if they're more into perfumey or fruity smells. I really like the texture of this conditioner. It isn't terribly thick but it is very creamy. Again, you don't need to use very much of it for it to be effective. I apply it mostly to my ends and then work through my hair.

Druide Ecological Leave-in Conditioner
"For coarse, tangled hair"
Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Wheat Amino Acids, Rice Amino Acids, Algae Exract, Cetrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Cysteine HCl, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Anise Extract, Ginseng Extract, Burdock Extract, Blueberry Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Lemon Myrtle, Rosewood Oil, Cajeput Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Rosemary Extract, grapefruit Seed Extract.

Thoughts: It's been a while since I've used a liquid leave-in so this is a refreshing change for me. I have found that I get the best results spraying it lightly on wet hair immediately after washing (before my hair dries too much), maybe because of the amount of glycerin in it--I don't know. I think the leave-in, in conjunction with the regular con, is what is contributing to the exra strength I've noticed in my hair.

Druide Ecological Hair Tonic Dandrex
"For all hair types. Dissolves dandruff"
Ingredients: Purified Water, Witch Hazel Extract, White Nettle Extract, Ginseng Extract, Burdock Extract, Green Tea Extract, Glycerin, Sodium Shale Oil Sulfonate, Tea Tree Oil, Rosemary Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Clary Sage Oil, Thyme Oil, Chamomile Oil, Panthenol, Pyridoxine, Rosemary Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract.

Thoughts: I don't have dandruff but I decided to try the Dandrex because it seemed to have all the "right stuff" as far as scalp potions go including essential oils and sulfur. As you may have read in my journal, it's sort of heavy so I'm only applying it overnight and shampooing it out in the morning. This usage is suggested on the Druide website so I expect it will be effective even though it isn't staying on my scalp all day.

You can get more details about my adventures with Druide at my hair site. I'm really interested in trying some of their other products now that I see how well these 4 have been working :yep: I purchased my hair products at lifesvigor.com for cheaper than they are on the Druide site, so you might want to look there if you want to check them out.

Victorian

old head
I'm bumping this to add info about my 2 latest purchases now that I've had a chance to try them out for a while:

Druide Ecological Shampoo Purity
For "Dull, Oily Hair and Scalp"
With Colloidal Clay and Organic Cider Vinegar
Ingredients: Purified Water, Coco-Glucoside, Coco-Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glyceryl Oleate, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Cellulose Gum, Bentonite, Ginger Oil, Rosemary Oil, Lavandin Oil, Cypress Oil, Thyme Oil, Anise extract, Goldenrod Extract, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Citric Acid Vinegar (from Apple), Rosemary Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex

Druide Detangling Conditioner
"Facilitates management of tangled hair"
Ingredients: Aqua, Thymus vulgaris extract,, Urtica dioica extract, Hydroxypopyl Starch Phosphate, Potassium Palmitoyl Hydrolysed Protein, Hydrolysed Wheat Protein, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Babassumidopropalkonium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Usnea Barbata extract, Aniba Parviflora oil, Cymbopogon flexosus oil, Beta-Carotene, Rosmarinus officinalis oil, Thymus satureiodes oil, Levulinic Acid

I'm using the Purity shampoo as my clarifying poo and I like it a lot. It cleans without drying. I noticed even better results with the Nourishing con when I used it after the Purity shampoo. :up:

The Detangling con has more slip than the Nourishing con, as you would expect. I've been using it daily after the Vitality shampoo. Only a small amount is needed, as with the other Druide products I've tried.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I tried these and I have a review in my album.

In a nutshell, I was not crazy about the Nourishing & Detangling conditioners. They didn't feel great going on and did absolutely nothing to lessen my tangles or make detangling easier (the main thing I'm looking for). But I think adding some oil to it would make it a nice deep conditioner from time to time.

The Leave-in conditioner is helping more hair stay on my head so it's a keeper. The hair gel is great, I like it way more than Fantasia or Aubrey's...also a keeper. The shampoo is nice, gentle but cleansing. So these things I'll be repurchasing for sure.

PaperClip

Hi, BlackCardinal, I just browsed through your album (Nice!) and I ordered some Druide products recently. I like the leave-in and the styling gel. I read on your site about the Dandrex and the hairline. Do you have more updates about this? I'd like some insight before I invest...but my hairline needs help!

Also, I see that you hair does not seem to be frizzy.... I'm wondering how I can get there. I'm still new and I just BC'd and I'm due for a trim to get rid of the weird-looking ends... but below the ends are some curls/coils.... I'm wondering if length and/or product or technique has something to do with this.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Victorian

old head
Ooh! I'm happy to hear someone else is trying out Druide. I really need to try that gel!

Yeah, the Dandrex thing just sort of snuck up on me. I wasn't sure it was really doing anything as far as hair growth. It's just meant to be a dandruff treatment really, so my decision to buy it was purely based on wanting to experiment with it because of the potential of the ingredients. It tingles a little when you rub it in, but other than that I couldn't say much about it. I just kept using it since, well, I had it :lol: It is only in the last couple weeks that I have been positive that something's going on around my hairline. It looks like I have more "baby" hair around the front, further down than I'm used to. I guess at the very very edges of the hairline the hair is usually short and fine enough that you don't really see it unless you get close--and maybe the massaging and the Dandrex has caused it to grow long enough that it is more visible--or something :lol:

Keep in mind I've been using it for 3 months and I'm just now noticing something. I'll continue using it and see what happens. The bottle is still at least 80% full because you only need to use a small amount, so I know I'll have enough to do a full year long trial with this one bottle. I guess I'd better take some up close pics of my hairline soon so I can actually have something to compare!

Regarding frizz:
Although products can affect frizz, I really think technique is the most important factor. I work with my hair when it's wet and then leave it alone--messing with hair that is dry or almost dry tends to cause frizziness for me. Also, combing and brushing my coils separates the individual strands more which makes it look frizzier. This is actually well demonstrated in my own hair, as the hair around my edges is less defined than the interior hair, which is always full of very neat and organized coils. In the center of my head you'd be hard-pressed to find an individual strand off on it's own instead of "involved" in a coil. I'm not giving up my puffs, though, so too bad for the outside hair :lol:
And finally, as your hair gets longer you may find frizz less of a problem simply because more of your hair is long enough to catch in a headband or whatever. Currently, any hair that isn't being anchored by something is bound to stick out, giving the halo effect. If the hair feels normal (not feeling dry or brittle), don't worry about it not laying down for the time being :yep:

nadine1977canada

BlackCardinal said:
Sorry, PJ's!! :lol:

Probably most of you have noticed my signature and know I'm trying out new hair products, but I wanted to do an official review now that I've been using them for a week.

The brand is Druide (http://www.druide.ca) and I've been using the Vitality Shampoo, Nourishing Conditioner, Leave-in Conditioner, and Dandrex. They are an organic, ecological company and don't use parabens or sulfates or synthetic fragrances. Definitely worth looking into for those of you trying to make the move to more natural products :yep: You can read more about the company and their mission on the website.

Anyway, even though I've only been using the line for a week I definitely have noticed an improvement in my hair. My hair was pretty healthy previously, but it has a "deep down" conditioned feel that it didn't have before, and it feels stronger yet lighter. A lovely lush feeling :up:

I typed out all the ingredients in my journal so I'm just going to copy and paste them here:

Druide Certified Organic Shampoo Vitality
For "Very dry, thin and fragile hair"
Ingredients: Purified water, Coco-Glucoside, Coco-Betaine, Cocomidopropyl Betaine, Polyglyceryl Dicaprate, Polyglycerol Palmitate, Sorbitol, Glyceryl Oleate, Cellulose Gum, Glycerin (vege), Lecithin, Ginseng Extract, Ginko Biloba Extract, Lichen Extract, and Burdock Extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Clary Sage Oil, Thyme Oil, Cedar Oil, Rosemary Oil, Lavender Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Lemon Oil, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Rosemary Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Beet Extract, Beta-Carotene.

Thoughts: The more I use this shampoo the more I like it. I've used it a few days in a row now and my hair doesn't feel dry at all, yet it effectively removes the Dandrex from my hair (see below). You only need a little but it comes out of the bottle quickly so be careful :lol:

Druide Ecological Conditioner Nourishing
"For dry, brittle hair"
Ingredients: Purified Water, Glyceryl Oleate, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phospate, Babassumidopropalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Lecithin, Castor Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Proteins, Rice Amino Acids, Cysteine HCl, Shea Butter, Anise Extract, Goldenrod Extract, Rosewood Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Juniper Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Panthenol, Pyridoxine, Tocopherol, Rosemary Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract.

Thoughts: Now I was having good feelings about the conditioner from the second I unscrewed the top and started sniffing. It smells very grassy. I like it, but I guess some people may not if they're more into perfumey or fruity smells. I really like the texture of this conditioner. It isn't terribly thick but it is very creamy. Again, you don't need to use very much of it for it to be effective. I apply it mostly to my ends and then work through my hair.

Druide Ecological Leave-in Conditioner
"For coarse, tangled hair"
Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Wheat Amino Acids, Rice Amino Acids, Algae Exract, Cetrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Cysteine HCl, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Anise Extract, Ginseng Extract, Burdock Extract, Blueberry Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Lemon Myrtle, Rosewood Oil, Cajeput Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Rosemary Extract, grapefruit Seed Extract.

Thoughts: It's been a while since I've used a liquid leave-in so this is a refreshing change for me. I have found that I get the best results spraying it lightly on wet hair immediately after washing (before my hair dries too much), maybe because of the amount of glycerin in it--I don't know. I think the leave-in, in conjunction with the regular con, is what is contributing to the exra strength I've noticed in my hair.

Druide Ecological Hair Tonic Dandrex
"For all hair types. Dissolves dandruff"
Ingredients: Purified Water, Witch Hazel Extract, White Nettle Extract, Ginseng Extract, Burdock Extract, Green Tea Extract, Glycerin, Sodium Shale Oil Sulfonate, Tea Tree Oil, Rosemary Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Clary Sage Oil, Thyme Oil, Chamomile Oil, Panthenol, Pyridoxine, Rosemary Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract.

Thoughts: I don't have dandruff but I decided to try the Dandrex because it seemed to have all the "right stuff" as far as scalp potions go including essential oils and sulfur. As you may have read in my journal, it's sort of heavy so I'm only applying it overnight and shampooing it out in the morning. This usage is suggested on the Druide website so I expect it will be effective even though it isn't staying on my scalp all day.

You can get more details about my adventures with Druide at my hair site. I'm really interested in trying some of their other products now that I see how well these 4 have been working :yep: I purchased my hair products at lifesvigor.com for cheaper than they are on the Druide site, so you might want to look there if you want to check them out.

:band: :bdance: :band2: :woot: :yay: Its in canada, that means i will receive it almost immediately when I order!!! I will try the leave-in Conditionner for sure!!