Product Review; BBD products (very long)

Healthb4Length

Ok, so I finally tried the BBD products. After all the drama I went through with shipping I was hoping that these products would be great...well guess what? They are pretty good! I loved the smell of them! The shampoo was very nice, gave me nice slip and was moisturizing ( I still love my Jason's Sea Kelp shampoo, but this is a nice one too), I'll rotate between this and the Jason's. I followed up with the Stretch, first I most say that I have been using this all week to build my hair back up after that texturizer disaster, again this smelled like candy, it did help with the breakage alot. I used it as a deep treatment following MacherieAmor's method of draping the towel over my hair, I put on a plastic cap over the towel (I hope I did it right) and deep conditioned for 30 minutes, when I was finished my hair was so so soft! Thanks MacherieAmor, this I will be doing from now on. I was able to detangle my hair nicely (again I still love my ORS RP, but the bbd will be apart of the rotation). I TRIED to rollerset my hair (that's a whole other thread), while the results were wack (because my hair is underprocessed), I used the BBD butter, and it's a very good product! THis is the BEST wrap lotion I've ever used, my hair was very soft and fluffY! Overall I was impressed with the BBD line of products.

Now My review is not quite over yet, I was traveling yesterday and I just happened to end up in Newark/E. Orange area...yes...PJ crackhouses all over! I couldn't help myself so I get some more new products! Yes more deep conditioners for me! I got the HollyWood Secrets' Olive Oil Cholesterol treatment, I haven't tried it yet but I'll post a review (a much shorter one) later. I also got AFRICA's BEST Better Shea Moisturizer. It smells great and is feather light. SO I used some yesterday and I am VERY IMPRESSED! It gives me results that, dare I say are just as good or even better than my beloved mango butter! It was very light, not greasy (mango butter for me tends to be a little oil...but I love it!) I used some more today and again I was very impressed! It costs about $4 and comes in a 8oz tub and best of the ingredients are natural and it contains no mineral oils or petroleum! That's all for now, sorry for the long long review.

morehairplease

sounds awesome.....thanks for sharing. do you mind posting what's in the AFRICA's BEST Better Shea Moisturizer for me?

tia,
tishee

so1913

Great! Glad they are working out. I just finished deep conditioning with Stretch and now I'm using BBD Butter for the first time to do a twist set. Sitting under the dryer as I type. I hope it comes out well :)

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Alli77 said:
Ok, so I finally tried the BBD products. After all the drama I went through with shipping I was hoping that these products would be great...well guess what? They are pretty good! I loved the smell of them! The shampoo was very nice, gave me nice slip and was moisturizing ( I still love my Jason's Sea Kelp shampoo, but this is a nice one too), I'll rotate between this and the Jason's. I followed up with the Stretch, first I most say that I have been using this all week to build my hair back up after that texturizer disaster, again this smelled like candy, it did help with the breakage alot. I used it as a deep treatment following MacherieAmor's method of draping the towel over my hair, I put on a plastic cap over the towel (I hope I did it right) and deep conditioned for 30 minutes, when I was finished my hair was so so soft! Thanks MacherieAmor, this I will be doing from now on. I was able to detangle my hair nicely (again I still love my ORS RP, but the bbd will be apart of the rotation). I TRIED to rollerset my hair (that's a whole other thread), while the results were wack (because my hair is underprocessed), I used the BBD butter, and it's a very good product! THis is the BEST wrap lotion I've ever used, my hair was very soft and fluffY! Overall I was impressed with the BBD line of products.

Now My review is not quite over yet, I was traveling yesterday and I just happened to end up in Newark/E. Orange area...yes...PJ crackhouses all over! I couldn't help myself so I get some more new products! Yes more deep conditioners for me! I got the HollyWood Secrets' Olive Oil Cholesterol treatment, I haven't tried it yet but I'll post a review (a much shorter one) later. I also got AFRICA's BEST Better Shea Moisturizer. It smells great and is feather light. SO I used some yesterday and I am VERY IMPRESSED! It gives me results that, dare I say are just as good or even better than my beloved mango butter! It was very light, not greasy (mango butter for me tends to be a little oil...but I love it!) I used some more today and again I was very impressed! It costs about $4 and comes in a 8oz tub and best of the ingredients are natural and it contains no mineral oils or petroleum! That's all for now, sorry for the long long review.

Have you tried the BBD Glass? If so, how is it in comparison to Bubble up styling pudding?

Healthb4Length

so1913 said:
Great! Glad they are working out. I just finished deep conditioning with Stretch and now I'm using BBD Butter for the first time to do a twist set. Sitting under the dryer as I type. I hope it comes out well :)

Please let us know, I was really impressed the Butter. I hope you like it too!

Healthb4Length

tishee said:
sounds awesome.....thanks for sharing. do you mind posting what's in the AFRICA's BEST Better Shea Moisturizer for me?

tia,
tishee

Hey Tia I'll get them for you later! My home PC is broken so I'm at the Library, I'll post the full ingredients tomarrow.

Healthb4Length

tishee said:

tia,
tishee

Tishee, the product is ORGANICS by Africa's Best, Shea Butter Plus (dry hair and scalp moisture therapy). It's in a purple and green tub and it's 16oz. Here are the ingredients;

Water, Glycine Soja (soybean) oil, Propylne glycol, hydrogenated vegetable oil, Steareth-20, Steareth-2, Polyquaternuim-37m Propylen Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Glycerin, Lanolin Oil, Dimethicone, DMDM hydantoin, Parfum (fragrance),, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Olea Europaea (olive) Fruit oil, Mustela (mink oil) Simmondsia Chinesis (jojoba) Seed oil, Tocopherol, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Trea) leaf oil, Ovum (egg powder), Lactis Proteinum (milk protein), Mel (honey), Silk AMino acids, Cholesterol, Zea Mays(corn oil), BHA, BHT.

momi

Glass did nothing for me - plus the smell is just tooo sweet. I tried it for a wash n go and for two strands and the results were far from remarkable. I am glad I was able to try it though and get it out of my system.

Kinky Curly wins hands down in my book.

HighlyFavored1

Just to add another review to BBD Stretch...

I am having a really hard time understanding the whole protein/moisture balance. I have definitely come a long way and I'm doing a lot better and incorporating the baggie method more, and trying to learn how to "read" my hair, but i have still not been able to stop breakage as much as I'd like to.

So I decided to read more about BBD Stretch. I couldn't find a lot of information on here about women with relaxed hair using it, though (I'm 4a with fine relaxed hair that seems to be too delicate sometimes), but I went ahead and ordered some.

I got the Stretch on Friday and have used it on my wet hair with a plastic cap under a hood dryer for about 30 minutes twice since then. Seriously, it has stopped my breakage. Simply put, when the BBD Stretch is in my hair, i don't see little pieces anymore. I guess that , technically, there is no way to completely eliminate breakage, but the Stretch has already made a huge difference for me. Plus, it makes my hair feel really soft and "healthy" and stronger. If there is anyone out there who was having my problem, I'd definitely recommend this. Even though the price is steep, the bottle (which smells yummy, by the way) is large and I'm pretty sure it will last me a while since a little goes a long way.

HTH!

HighlyFavored1

additionally...

since it's heat activated, I bet it would work even better that it does for me for anyone who uses hand dryers often!