PRODUCT REVIEW: Frederic Fekkai Hair Products

T

Tee

Protein Rx Reparative Treatment Mask
------------------------------------
This is my favorite protein treatment! It is the perfect balance of protein and moisture, so there's no need to follow with a separate moisturizing treatment. Gives noticeable improvement in strength and elasticity, and leaves hair soft, shiny, and smelling oh so good! Expensive, but worth it!
Grade: A+

Hair Mask with Shea Butter
--------------------------
Eh... I was a little disappointed with this product. It's okay, but definitely not worth the price. There are definitely better, much less expensive, products out there. Save yourself the bucks, and melt a little shea butter and mix it into your favorite moisturizing deep conditioner.
Grade: B-

Moisturizing Shampoo with Shea Butter
-------------------------------------
Not all that moisturizing. Definitely not worth the price. Smells really nice, though (but not $20 nice!)
Grade: B-

Moisturizing Conditioner with Shea Butter
-----------------------------------------
Very nice, but again, there are better, cheaper products out there.
Grade: B+

Wave Creating Spray
-------------------
I love this! Does exactly what it claims. I don't know how it works, but it does. You use it on dry or almost dry hair, scrunch or twist, let it dry, and you've got touchable, shiny, waves and curls. With absolutely no crunch or stiffness. Blows John Frieda's Relax wave spray out of the water!
Grade: A+

Tracy

This was a great review Tee! I like the format!

I also tried the FF Hair Mask and wasn't impressed. I will defeintely try the protein conditioner when it's time for experimenting again. /images/graemlins/smile.gifThat Wave Maker Spray sounds like a summer "to try" as well!

Love it when y'all share! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

shoodrat

I bought the wave creating spray, but, I didn't get those results maybe I did something wrong, what did you have to do to get your hair that way. Also Nordstrom's, Saks Fifth Avenue, or Sephora carry this product Fredric Fekkai.

ART11

I bought this line and was equally unimpressed. I bought the hair mask, the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. I also tried the Technician shampoo. I think the shampoo and conditioner were $22 each. I bought them at sephora.com. I get much better results with Cream of Nature and Nexxus Humectress.

T

Tee

Yes, it works on relaxed hair. The key is using it on dry hair. When I first got it, I put it on my hair while it was damp, and it made my hair poufy and the waves weren't as defined. As Shoodrat mentioned, you can get it at Saks, Nordstrom, and Sephora. Neiman Marcus carries it as well. They also give out samples so you can try before you buy.

shoodrat

Tee,

When you say twist the hair or scrunch, when you twist do you part the hair and twist each part like a braid, or do you twists the hair to the scalp, what technique do you do?

T

Tee

Shoodrut,

By twist, I mean just twirling pieces of hair around my finger. The spray holds them pretty well, but I'll periodically scrunch and re-twist some sections while my hair is drying. What were your results, exactly? And how did you use the spray?

--Tee

shoodrat

Tee,

I had scrunched it a little bit, and sprayed, I did not feel like waiting for it to air dry, so I blow-dried it, I did not get any curls or waves, so I figured I might have did something wrong, so, I wanted to see if anyone else used it and what did they do. Did you air dry or blow dry you hair?

T

Tee

I air dry. If you want to use a blow dryer, try using low heat and a diffuser.