Product review of Crown Hair Care products

naturalyogini

Well I cowashed my hair and used the leave in and buttercream. My leave in is a tad watery but it is still slippy. I twisted my hair with both products and nothing else. My hair isn't soft. It felt better on dry hair instead of wet hair. I'll have to see what it feels like when it dries.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I used the leave in last night to detangle my hair and it worked like a charm. Its watery but slippery enough to glide down the hair. In the back where I had a few knots, I used the Unbrush and it helped a lot.

I added the buttercream on top and braided. This morning my hair was still damp so it kinda poofed a little so I put a tucked ponytail in the front. Im off this Saturday so I'll be doing a full wash day with these products.

naturalyogini

Well I cowashed my hair and used the leave in and buttercream. My leave in is a tad watery but it is still slippy. I twisted my hair with both products and nothing else. My hair isn't soft. It felt better on dry hair instead of wet hair. I'll have to see what it feels like when it dries.
Update. It didn't dry soft. I had to put my Especiallyhair over it. All in all good detangling products. I'll try the DC on Sunday.

Queenie

Update. It didn't dry soft. I had to put my Especiallyhair over it. All in all good detangling products. I'll try the DC on Sunday.

It could be the humectants in the products. They are not always beneficial based on the humidity level of your environment. If it's very low humidity you're better off not using them. Here's an article.

naturalyogini

It could be the humectants in the products. They are not always beneficial based on the humidity level of your environment. If it's very low humidity you're better off not using them. Here's an article.

Thanks. I'm in upstate NY and it's a steam bath right now. I just washed my hair and used their conditioner, leave in and buttercream. That conditioner is amazing. Slip out of this world! I'll come back when it dries.

naturalyogini

My hair dried rough and crunchy again. Gonna have to rewash it. My hair doesn't like the buttercream. I'll have to figure out how to use it. As for the conditioner, great slip and detangling. My hair was very moisturized after rinsing. Unfortunately the buttercream sucked all of the moisture out of my hair.
Repurchase? Conditioner- yes. Leave in- maybe. Buttercream- no
One more thing. I decided to rinse the products out of my hair and Iooked at my towel and it was pink stained. Must be the rose extract. I was not expecting color bleeding.

Last edited:

Nadia Chanel

Thanks. I'm in upstate NY and it's a steam bath right now. I just washed my hair and used their conditioner, leave in and buttercream. That conditioner is amazing. Slip out of this world! I'll come back when it dries.
Hi there queen ! Wow I love your honesty I really appreciate you, I’m interested in trying to figure out why the butter cream doesn’t work for you, the environment you’re in or your hair type. It is extremely foolish of me to be formulating these products and not taking into account peoples humidity levels in other places ! I’m in Maryland and I have very thick dense high to medium porosity hair so for me these products dry very soft.
I am thinking my game plan for the exotic butter cream is to go back to having it heavier with oils like it was before.
My old formulation was a very moisturizing but much heavier version of that butter cream but with less slip. This time I try to make it so that it would be light weight and more moisturizing, which is why I added the hyaluronic acid which is the humectant that is very much bothering your hair;I guess it was a bad idea and I’m super sorry you had bad wash days cause of crown hair care!
I think I will use the old formulations richness is oils and butter but Ill add the new slip ingredients to it. And then I will also dramatically use less humectant in both the quench hair serum and the leave in butter. I appreciate you loving the deep conditioner I will not make any changes to that as many people are saying it is out of this world. As for the coloring yes I wanted to try something different where I color coded the products. So for example The black products are the shampoo and it is black because you are supposed to rinse it all the way out so if you still see black it means to keep rinsing. I put glitter in the deep conditioner because it is also meant to be rinsed out completely, and does not leave any glitter behind. As for the leave in conditioners they are pink because I was looking for a complementary color to green which is in my logo. LOL. So I was thinking I can have people have one color of each to complete their hair routine kind kind of make it easy for them. Believe in conditioners were pink the regular conditioners include gold glitter and the shampoos are black.
But now with this feedback I’m thinking maybe I should just go back to having them all natural colored. :/
Anyways when I do reformulate these new products, I am hoping I can send you them for free so you can let me know how it works for your hair. I’ll probably even send it to you before I release it to the public.

Nadia Chanel

By way I am the creator of crown hair care. I love you all on the Long hair care forum the original YouTube !!!!
If you have product suggestions or ingredients that you really really love or literally anything that I can do for my company to help you all in your hair growth through any please let me know.

I just received my hair loss practitioners certification in trichology And with this knowledge I’m going to be reformulating the scalp products to help with hair loss and here fall, as well as stimulation to grow hair faster.
What are you all’s favorite oils and butters?
right now in the exotic butter cream I am using a little bit of argan, carrot, broccoli seed, avocado butter. I think I want to use a higher percentage of argon oil and avocado butter to see if it has a better less crunchy effect. It does have a bit of hold but it’s like one of those leave in conditioners that dry with a little bit of hold but they get soft later in the day. At least that’s what it does for my 3b tail bone high density, thick medium -high porosity hair.

naturalyogini

Hi there queen ! Wow I love your honesty I really appreciate you, I’m interested in trying to figure out why the butter cream doesn’t work for you, the environment you’re in or your hair type. It is extremely foolish of me to be formulating these products and not taking into account peoples humidity levels in other places ! I’m in Maryland and I have very thick dense high to medium porosity hair so for me these products dry very soft.
I am thinking my game plan for the exotic butter cream is to go back to having it heavier with oils like it was before.
My old formulation was a very moisturizing but much heavier version of that butter cream but with less slip. This time I try to make it so that it would be light weight and more moisturizing, which is why I added the hyaluronic acid which is the humectant that is very much bothering your hair;I guess it was a bad idea and I’m super sorry you had bad wash days cause of crown hair care!
I think I will use the old formulations richness is oils and butter but Ill add the new slip ingredients to it. And then I will also dramatically use less humectant in both the quench hair serum and the leave in butter. I appreciate you loving the deep conditioner I will not make any changes to that as many people are saying it is out of this world. As for the coloring yes I wanted to try something different where I color coded the products. So for example The black products are the shampoo and it is black because you are supposed to rinse it all the way out so if you still see black it means to keep rinsing. I put glitter in the deep conditioner because it is also meant to be rinsed out completely, and does not leave any glitter behind. As for the leave in conditioners they are pink because I was looking for a complementary color to green which is in my logo. LOL. So I was thinking I can have people have one color of each to complete their hair routine kind kind of make it easy for them. Believe in conditioners were pink the regular conditioners include gold glitter and the shampoos are black.
But now with this feedback I’m thinking maybe I should just go back to having them all natural colored. :/
Anyways when I do reformulate these new products, I am hoping I can send you them for free so you can let me know how it works for your hair. I’ll probably even send it to you before I release it to the public.
Thank you. I DM 'ed you.

naturalyogini

Answering your bump. The scalp serum gave me dermatitis. I guess I was allergic to something in it. I poured it out. Still liking the deep conditioner.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Almost finished with the scalp serum. Repurchased that and the oil tonight so when I run out I have a back up on hand.
Rotating this in with my other scalp serums/oils this fall and winter with my protective styles.

KenyafromCT

Vitamin scalp serum & Gold standard herbal oil. I’ve used these products for the past year and a half on my scalp, once a week after shampooing. It has helped my hair to grow back to mid-back length. In May 2019, I had to cut my hair my APL. Since I was having difficulty finding my staple products at that time, I had a lot of breakage. I know for most of you that’s not a big deal, but my hair grows slower now that I’m in my mid-40’s.

There has been a recent reformulation of the products, and I’ve been using those new ones for 4 weeks now. They are working well so far. The changes for the serum are inositol, red clover, MSM, and micro parts of protein. The changes for the scalp oil are added ginger, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper.

I also used one of their new products the Hot Oil Hair Mask. Whenever I use this oil, it makes my hair very soft and it is more wavy when I put it in my normal protective style. I used it two different ways over the last 4 weeks. The first way is with deep conditioning. Two times, I’ve applied it directly to my hair then applied a layer of my normal deep conditioner (Miss Key 10 En 1 conditioner), then sat under a dryer for 30 minutes. Also, two other times, I mixed it in with the deep conditioner, then applied it to my hair, then sat under a dryer for 30 minutes. It worked better when I applied it directly to my hair.

The second way that I used it was to apply it to my hair and leave it on overnight. Then, I condition washed my hair the next day. I did this on 3 occasions.

For you who wonder about the ingredients they are on the website.
https://crownhaircaregrowth.com/products/scalp-bundle-vitamin-scalp-serum-gold-standard-herbal-oil
https://crownhaircaregrowth.com/products/hot-oil-treatment

Also, the company is giving a discount to the LHCF board from today until April 19th. It’s 30% off all products. I’ll post the code in the discount section of the board.

Here is a picture of my hair length from couple of days ago.
View attachment 470877
Outstanding.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I’m on the super grow this year so I will be using some products from here when they arrive. I’ll use my last week pictures for a starting point and hopefully update every 6-8 weeks. ( depending on how long my styles last)

with these and Qhem I hope to retain 6 inches at the end of the year.