Product Review: UAN and L'ANZA

lunalight7

Product Review: UAN and L\'ANZA

I am 7 1/2 weeks post relaxer and I washed today w/ Aubrey Swimmers (to clarify) and once with CON (to get the detangling process started). Then, I used UAN Crema Moisturizing Treatment (Thanx Tracy!!!). It was suprisingly thick and a darling aqua-ble color (yes - - these lttle things add to the hair-washing experience...). It didn't feel particularly slippery or moisturizing while I applied it. I left it on w/ a plastic cap in the steamy shower for about 7 minutes. When I rinsed - - WOW!! My hair felt moist and buttery. Then I applied L'ANZA Strait-Line Curl Relaxing Conditioner, hoping that this would tame the new growth. Once again---no slip at all while applying, and I spent longer than usual detangling w/ this in my hair. I left it on w/ a plastic cap, no heat, for 20 minutes. When I rinsed, my hair was soft and detangled.

Both nice products - - I think I like the UAN more although I will have to try these again when my touch-up is newer. My hair is in rollers now...I'll update you all after I'm out from under the dryer...

MiaLi

Re: Product Review: UAN and L\'ANZA

Glad to know they both worked well for you lunalight! I have yet to try these products, but I have heard good things about them. Did you use a leave-in to roller set?

lunalight7

Yes Mia. I used Kids organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizer and Loreal Smooth Intense Serum. Im still under the dryer....

lunalight7

Just an update...I think the L'Anza may have actually tamed my new growth because it felt less puffy today when I wore my rollerset hair-do. Since it was cool w/low humidity today in NYC, it held up really well - - bouncy and full.

MiaLi

Thanks for the update lunalight!

I guess the L'anza conditioner does what it claims then. I'll give it a try after I use some of my other products.

Tracy

[ QUOTE ]
Then, I used UAN Crema Moisturizing Treatment (Thanx Tracy!!!). It was suprisingly thick and a darling aqua-ble color (yes - - these lttle things add to the hair-washing experience...). It didn't feel particularly slippery or moisturizing while I applied it. I left it on w/ a plastic cap in the steamy shower for about 7 minutes. When I rinsed - - WOW!! My hair felt moist and buttery.

[/ QUOTE ]

That UAN is good stuff Luna.
I really like it alot. If you want to get some and have trouble finding it (which you might) there's a salon on 40th and Lex that carries it. I can't remember the name - but it's on the avenue proper.

Select Dom. Salons will have it too.
I love the stuff.

lunalight7

Yeah Tracy...UAN is the bomb. I actually saw it at a salon on 3rd ave and 78th or so. Near one of my favorite haunts (The Atlantic Grill) so I know where to get it. Thanx again!!